Little*red's 90 day Challenge - 30 day progress results now up

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
Ok today I've started my 90 Day challenge to reduce my body fat %. Last week I got down to a healthy BMI, now I want to get my body fat percentage down from 30%.
I'm doing a workout called P90x (lean version) and it is tough! Workout 6 days a week for about 40-50 minutes. Just hoping to improve my overall fitness and perhaps lose a few inches aswell.
I'm taking photos every 30 days to see any difference and i've written down all my stats:

Day 1 (25 February 2009)
Weight -131lb
Bust - 36"
Waist - 28.5"
Hips - 37.5"
Upper thigh - 22"
Lower thigh - 17"
knee - 14.5"
calf - 14.5"
ankle - 9.5"
arm - 11"
Body fat - 30%
Waist/hip ratio - 0.76

Today I've already completed my workout for today (Core synergistics), feeling really good although a little tired! Doing this workout shows just how out of shape i am even though i've been doing a good bit of hard exercise over the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Day 2

Cardio Day

Today I replaced the cardio with the tae bo cardio which i'm regretting a bit as it was only about 35 minutes long. Oh well lesson learnt but at least i got some done. Feeling a bit sore from yesterdays workout but its that good sort of sore when you know you've had a good workout the day before.

How are you measuring your body fat percentage? Just curious as my measurements are similar to yours (oh I know I am four inches taller and all), or not far off on some areas...is it with calipers or with scales? Scales are not very accurate according to experts...

Oh and way to go on the challenge, keep it up!

Last edited:
Day 3

Thanks Nex I was just using my home scale which I figured were probably way off anyway but hopefully they'll show if i am losing some.
I've had a little look to see how to properly get measured but can't see any truly reliable methods other than a hydro tank!

Doing my exercise a little earlier today so getting prepered to do my arms and shoulder restistance today followed by the ab ripper x :eek:.

I'm going to be so sore tommorrow.

There are some places that do it for you (but I'm not sure I would want someone touching my fat!!!) like university gyms or medical fitness centre type places...they do charge a lot as they do other tests and measurements at the same time usually...the uni one if I remember correctly is the cheaper option...

Thanks nex i never thought about that, I'm hopefully going back to uni in september and just checked out their website and it said they do check body fat % although not sure how much it costs, will check it out.
Also if I get into uni will need to have a medical so they might do it then, or maybe i'm just being hopeful, knowing the NHS it will just be BMI they check :rolleyes:.

Day 4

Yoga day(sort of!)

I was supposed to being doing the yoga workout today but I just can't get into it so for the moment i've replaced the yoga with my super callanetics workout. Plenty of streching and flexibility, although doing that sort of body strength exercise just shows me how weak my body strength is. It has improved a lot since i started losing weight although still a long way to go.
I love exercising it does so much more to your shape than dieting alone.

I swear by Callanetics...may be outdated, but you don't get the same workout anywhere, those tummy exercises and hip ones KILL!

Day 5

I swear by Callanetics...may be outdated, but you don't get the same workout anywhere, those tummy exercises and hip ones KILL!

Totally agree, i find that as i tone my core muscles more they are so much harder to do, yet they look so simple if your just watching the video.

Today i done about 50 minutes of the legs workout and about 10 minutes of the abs workout.
Got my weigh in tommorrow so i'll see if the exercise is helping my weight loss, not too worried if it isn't as i can feel myself getting smaller inch wise which i'm trying to focus on more at the moment.

Day 6

Just finished 45minutes of Kenpo workout, feeling pooped but only had a banana and pint of water before so lesson learnt, im now munching away at some muesli to get my energy up.
Got a sore bum today from the leg workout yesterday so at least its working.
Also weighed in today and I have lost 0.8lb this week bringing my toal loss to just over 2.5st, plus lost 1.5" all over.
This week has been really good I can really feel the differnce in so things are looking good for the next 84 days :D.
Tomorrow is rest day so i'll be back on wednesday to start off my 2nd week on the challenge.

Way to go!

Yes, some people can work out on an empty tummy (low intensity cardio usually) and some cannot, it depends on you and how your body handles low blood sugar, etc...I find I am one of those who needs to eat brekkie before I head to the gym or run, etc.

Day 8

Core synergistics

Ok lesson learnt from the other day, i had breakfast when i got up at about 7am and waited until 9am to exercise. So i wasn't running on low and I didn't feel sick because i was jumping around on a full stomach.
Did another 45 of core exercises today, feel good but tired as the girls keep waking up really early (5am yesterday :cry:).
Had a banana after the workout to keep my energy up.

Last edited:
feel good but tired as the girls keep waking up really early (5am yesterday :cry:).
Had a banana after the workout to keep my energy up.

Focus on the good things and the tiredness will be by the by, especially when endorphins kick in...I had to stay up all night virtually last night as I had two kids (eldest's friends) staying over and one had the nasty vomiting and diarrhoea bug...blah! BUT my workout was awesome...

Day 9

Cardio

Tried to put all my energy into todays workout, pushed it as far as i could, but felt a bit weak like my muscles were out of energy. Its been better though as i'm having breakfast and water an hour before my workout.
Just finished 50minutes of the Nell McAndrew 'Maximum Impact' DVD, and i'm sweating so much so I must have been doing something right. Felt motivated looking a Nell knowing that exercise does pay off, shes got a fantastic body, and it's good to knwo she works her ass off for it!
One thing I learnt today was that i really need to concentrate on my breathing when i workout as i find i'm catching my breath and getting slight 'stitches' due to lack of oxygen.

Hi little*red, sounds like your plan is working well for you! Have you always exercised or have you just started with your weight loss program?

One thing I learnt today was that i really need to concentrate on my breathing when i workout as i find i'm catching my breath and getting slight 'stitches' due to lack of oxygen.

Watching your breathing helps in so many ways...in running, it helps take the focus off the sore legs, in cardio it helps oxygenate the muscles and stop stiches and also if you fill your lungs up and breathe deeply, you get fit lungs too. Even rowing, biking and walking, breathing technique makes a huge difference...

GO YOU!

Day 10

Arms and abs

Just done 55 minutes of arms (weight training) and 10 minutes of ab exercises. Feeling a lot better today although my calfs are aching a bit from yesterdays workout.
Realised I need to get heavier weights for some of the exercise, i'm only on 2.5lbs at the moment but i have 5lbs aswell but think they will probably be too heavy, will need to go have a look for another set weights.

Day 11

Callanetics

Today was supposed to be yoga day but i've replaced it with the super callanetics workout. Just completed about 50 minutes of the workout and i'm knackered.
Not measured myself yet but I can already see my thighs are getting smaller and finally the fat on my belly is beginning to shift :D.

I'm gonna say a big hurrah for callanetics again!

Great job. I am just starting back my weight loss diet and I am trying to get motivated to start my work outs.

Back