LL September Starters/Re-starters

Been having an odd day today. I just feel out of sorts. This morning I suddenly felt quite annoyed/irritable but couldn't put my finger on why. Very strange! Probably feel better after a good night's sleep. Work is quite stressful at the moment which isn't helping - but I'm sticking 100% to the diet!

Hi Spangly,
I know exactly how you feel .. I am Mrs Grumpy at the minute & like you v stressed at work. It feels good to say we are still sticking 100% to this tho even under such pressure ... go girl ...:girlpower:
yoyo
xx

Yeah, well done Spangly for sticking to it 100%.. I didn't even manage that this week and ate the free biscuits in the hotel room on Monday night! Made me feel awful afterwards so sticking to it will probably keep you happier in the long run.

C xx

Hello Everyone,
I am reading this page with interest, I have done all the usual sw ww accupuncture ect ect for some reason today, I spotted a link on facebook and I have found my way to a LL counsellor, so I am going to go to the introductory meeting and see what this is all about, I have a lot to loose bmi is high 50. so it has to go, before I make an early exit everyone on here seems so positive I am certain I will be back here, just a question though, how much does it cost? do you pay weekly? monthly? can I pay with my card? do I have to take pound coins? ( was going to say pound notes then but that shows my age )
Sorry for rambling... sandra xx

Hi Sandra,

I have (had) just over 5stone to lose and started on the diet last Wednesday morning. I've had my first weigh in tonight and have lost 16lbs and 3" from my bust, waist and hips. I would say that this is a miracle diet, but it is bloody hard for the first few days, getting into the routine and having to deal with your emotions about not actually eating normal food. However, I have to say that all my emotional downs this week have been forgotten because of the weight loss.. I am amazed!

The weekly cost is £70 and with my leader, I have to pay in cash or cheque. If its by cheque, you have to pay for a month. But I'm not sure about other leaders.. my had a free info session.

The cost did put me off a little but when I worked out how much I spend on food and takeaways, its not far off the £70 and it is really easy in as far as you don't need to weigh, count or even consider what you're going to eat.

Its the best choice I've made, and it will really help you.

Good luck in whatever you decide is best for you.

C xxxx

Hello, Sandra. My counsellor has a chip and pin machine so I pay by card. I guess each group is different. The first few days can be quite tough and not eating real food is quite strange at first but there are no two ways about it - this diet works! It's early days for me but from what I've read on here I think the counselling is really important too, in order to learn how to keep the weight off. That's what makes LL different.

Best of luck!

Thanks both for your replies, I have just had an email from the LLC, and I am going to see her on Monday so I guess I am going to do it, I have 10 stone to loose to put me in my lowest healthy BMI, I think to start with I am going to say 3, then 3, then 3 and see how I feel and how long it takes, If I say 10 at the start I think I may become disheartened ... but actually I just said 10... so I dont know LOL
will keep you updated x Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I pay by card but have paid by cheque in the past, my leader lets you pay by cheque for a week at a time. I tend to pay £280 at the end of the month to do me for the month so i know i'm committed to the plan for 4 weeks at a time :)

As others have said - there is no doubt about it, if you stick to LL 100% the weight will just drop off. People thought i was ill when i did it first time round as i lost the weight so quickly. The key seems to be to stick to it, get through RTM (route to management) to enable you to make the right choices in the big bad world and maintain your weight.

I went my own way after losing 4.5 stone the last time and have gained about 1.5 stone again. This time i am determined to get to my goal and see through RTM

Good luck with your journey if you decide to join LL, its been the best thing i've ever done :p

Hey Sandra...

Best of luck with it.. I think that setting smaller goals will keep up the motivation. There's a lady in my class that lost 10stone in 9 months which is just amazing.. and I see so many other success stories where people have lost 10st plus in a relatively short period of time (less than 12 months) so if you put your mind to it, along with the foodpacks, it really works.

Keep us updated on your progress.. I couldn't wait to start when I'd decided I was going to do it.

C xxxxx

Good luck ladies. It truly is a great program but please don't think that once you lose the weight your journey is over. I did LL before and lost 4 st.... and then put it all back on because I didn't do the management. It's so so important! Just keep that in mind throughout your abstinence and enter that chapter after you've reached your goal and you'll be absolutely fine!
We're here to support you :)

Just wanted to say - this is a great group!! :grouphugg::D

Hi ladies...
I'm wondering what days in your first week you found the most difficult - i'm on day 3 and i tell you i could cry i want to eat so badly...i feel sicky (that feeling where you know if you eat it would go away!), fairly low energy and generally overwhelmed by it all. I miss food and i'm constantly thinking - what *could* i eat that wouldn't make a difference. I'm pleased to say i've managed to stick to it 100% so far, but i was wondering if it's normal to be feeling this way?

Thanks in advance for the help and support! :)

awh Kim.. I'd say day 3, 4 and 5 were the worse days for feeling pants and just completely obsessing about food. If I ever got what I thought was a hunger pang, I'd drink water and it'd disappear. I did do a lot of sleeping though during those days.. like 3 late afternoon naps which obviously helped.

Stick at it.. it really really will be worth it. Only 4 days and then weigh in will spur you on.

You can do it!

C xx

Yeh i'd agree day 3 is was probably the worst for me. Im now on day 4 and feel fine, no headaches and my sicky/lethargic feeling has gone away.

I'm hoping by tomorrow (day 5) i will be feeling great as i did when i was on the plan the last time.

I am by no means saying you should but someone told me that if i HAD to lapse, to eat chicken or fish so the effects would be minimal. I would strongly advise though that you have a big drink of water and hope the hunger pangs go away. For me, i don't feel hungry but i am having lots of thoughts about food :(

Kim you should be feeling much much better by tomorrow! Just stick with it! Next week you'll forget you even had a tough time. The difference is that drastic!
Good luck

Thanks ladies,
I'm glad i'm not the only one! I've been drinking lots of water almost 3ltrs so far today, and it seems to be helping - it's just the constant food thoughts! Off for some retail therapy tonight so hopefully that will help! :)

Not sure what to do. I haven't told my mother what diet I'm following - mainly because I don't need her opinion. But anyway she's been cross-examining my husband today. He managed to resist telling her but I know shes going to quiz me about it. Why does this annoy me so disproportionately?!

because you probably know that it is an extreme diet and there is quite a bit of bad press about it. you know also that your mum is going to be worried about your health and is probably going to put pressure on you to come off it.

you have to do what is right for you.. some people aren't suited to this diet and it makes them ill... if my hair started falling out, I'd actually give it up tomorrow but it would be me making that choice.

be strong and put her straight... you've had to have a form signed by a doctor, you're aware of your own body and its capabilities and you're not stupid, and that her support would be invaluable to you.

Good luck xxxxx

Thanks, Charllielou. Great advice. I have done exactly that and asked for her support and she has been fab.

Kim- hope you are feeling better Nearly the end of your day 3!! I agree with everyone day 3 was the worse for me and then it got better.
Also with regards telling people I have told quite a few but not my mum as she said last time i didnt look well.Im not going to see her for another 6 weeks so by then i will hopefully have lost lots!
Im too really worried about hair loss but have decided that its better to be healthy and bald than obese with hair!!
Anyway Im feeling really positive as have just had my second weigh and have lost 6 pounds so happy happy :D

Back