LL September Starters/Re-starters

kathryn well done thats great! did you lose hair before? im really worried about it too :( i pray it doesnt happen to me

I never lost any hair on LL before (well one or two ;)) in fact my hair could have not felt better after I lost the weight (see profile pic).
I hope the hair loss fairy will spare me this time too ;)

Well done Spangly... makes life so much easier when you have the support of loved ones xxx

Well done Kathryn on this week's loss... proves that if you stick to it, it works.. you must feel really proud of yourself.

And hair loss... throughout my entire life, the only thing I've ever really liked about me is my hair. Without it, I wouldn't be me. Plus diets aren't supposed to make you bald.. hopefully it won't happen, but if it does, I'll be taking the conventional route and dieting slowly. My hair is already thin and I just wouldn't be able to emotionally cope if i lost a lot of it. I think I'd end up housebound which is probably quite vain.. i guess it'd be different if I lost it through an illness like cancer but when its down to a choice I've made, I'd feel quite silly.

C xxx

Just wanted to add my hair has become thicker...and I love it! I've always had wispy, fine locks but now I feel like i've had hair extensions!!( slight exaggeration...but it feels great to me!) I hope it stays this way when i go on to RTM as I have read that this is the time most people lose hair but have new growth coming through. I have also noticed my skin is alot clearer and I am losing the dreaded cellulite on my legs and bum...Yay!!

fantastic sorcha!!!! Fingers crossed for thicker hair for all of us x

My LLC said that hair loss is common when you go into RTM because your body sheds the hair it's been holding onto and you start growing healthier hair - sounds like you've been really lucky sorcha! Have to say I've already noticed an improvement cellulite-wise, just wish my (lovely smooth) thighs weren't so BIG!! Really hope my hair doesn't fall out... it did after both my babies and took ages to grow back (although it did eventually).

So how is everyone doing? Fun plans for the weekend ahead?

Hi Girls,
Just been for my WI as i missed group last night & I've lost 4.6 this week ...YEEHAW!!! I am so happy :D:D
So, 11.2 so far & therefore still on track for a stone a month - phew!
Wierdly though, my ketostick was really pale but I have been 100% abstinent:confused: Has anyone else had this? Is it possible for me to not be in ketosis?

How's everyone?

yoyo
xx

Well done, yoyo!! My stick was pale last week but it's just because I'd been drinking so much water. If you're losing, you're fine!

WELL DONE YOYO! :)

Off to my WI. Hope it isn't as disappointing as last Friday!

Thanks guys .... it is a relief to have had a good loss this week:D
Good Luck Spangly ... keep us posted:)
yoyo
xx

well done spangly, you pleased?

Hi All

Just read through all the posts in this thread, and it seemed so supportive that I thought I'd like to join in. I'm just coming to the end of my 3rd week of my second attempt. I lost 4.5 stones 3 years ago, but got cocky and didn't really bother with RTM. Consequently, put 4 stone back on. At least I know what I did wrong! Tried again last year, but only lasted a week :( Not sure what's different this time, but something definitely is - I'm even planning a Christmas in week 1 of RTM!!

Anyway, lost 15 lbs in the first two weeks, and have noticed a real difference in my clothes already, so am really looking forward to my weigh in on Tuesday night.

Well done to everyone on here - you've all done amazingly well so far (yo-yo - was waiting for your next weigh in with baited breath, so pleased for you!)

:welcome2: back Fluff

Hello fellow LLers!

Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind me joining in this thread at this late stage in the month! I'm new on LL too...just coming to the end of my first week. I've found the weekend much harder than weekdays, simply because I have more time on my hands from not being at work, and I had a couple of tiny slip-ups yesterday which I'm not going to beat myself up about (we're talking tiny, fingernail-sized slip-ups here!) When I've dieted in the past I've always seen slip-ups like that as being massive failures and allowed it to become justification for me to fail completely...not this time - I'm looking forward to wearing something much more slinky at Christmas this year! :D

Great to hear from you all anyway...let's make it happen together!

Hi Pink Fish, welcome! :) I only joined last week and today is my weigh-day (8pm tonight!) after my first week. I totally agree i found the weekend so much harder than during the week, but i managed to stick to it 100%! I'm looking forward to knowing how i've done tonight and hoping it will keep me spurred on to continue!

When is your weigh day pinkfish?

Thanks fluff ... its great to get so so much support from this forum. Well done on losing 15lbs in 2 weeks - brilliant:D

Hi pinkfish & Kim ... hope your week is going well .. keep us posted on the WI:)

I've been posting most of my journey on the LL diary forum .... things seem to have clicked into place at the minute:) long may it last :D

How's the rest of the gang?

yoyo
xx

Hello and welcome! Great to have some more September starters! Good luck!

Tracyd, yes, I was pleased with the loss. It was a bit of a relief after losing so little the Friday before! I'm finding myself getting all keyed up about tomorrow's weigh in already though, which is a tad premature!

Yoyo - good to hear you sounding so positive! Do you know what? I really think we're all going to do this!!

Back