LL September Starters/Re-starters

Hi guys!

Am new to the forum and have been on LL for exactly a week today

Lost 4.4 pounds! It is a good loss but if im honest I was hoping for more.

Im only drinking 2 litres of water a day do you think that could the reason I had such an average weight loss for my first week?

Hi Jadey! And welcome :)
Well done for your loss! You've done well and you shouldn't be disappointed. Your body will catch up if you stick to the program. Yes. Normally
1st week's losses are high but they can be determined by many factors like time of the month, salt, etc or simply your body not getting rid of all the carbs from your system yet. Stick with it and your losses will stabilise. Drinking enough water is very important as it deals with bloating and water retention but I can't tell you how much is enough. Everyone is different. The best advice is to drink to thirst but spread the water intake throughout the day. Works for me :)
All the best of luck xxx

Hi Jadey,
Welcome.
Maybe try upping the water intake for week 2 and see what results you get. 4.4 lbs is a bit low for a first week, but as Magic said there are many different factors that can affect your loss.

Hi guys,

Well, second weigh-in today andc I've lost another 5lbs!! I'm so chuffed as I was truly convinced I hadn't lost anything as really couldn't feel any difference...just goes to show you how wrong we can be! So, a total of 12lbs so far - should hit the stone mark next week :D

Thank you all again for your support,

Pink x

Week 3 WI and have lost 7.2lbs. I am now 4lbs short of 2 stones. :)

Hi Mags, CK & Pink ... super losses again this week - well done girlies :D
Mags, love the foto - you look beautiful:)

Welcome Jadey :welcome2:.
I lost 4.something in my first week and was a bit fed up but in 4 weeks I lost over a stone so it does even itself out ... hang in there - it is soooo worth it:)

yoyo
xx

Awwwwww... that's so sweet YoYo :)
Thank you xx
I'm afraid I'm coming down with a cold :(
I've got a sore throat and temperature. Anyone know how to best treat cold without risking getting out of ketosis?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :)

Have upped my intake of water so will see how I get on next Monday and will let you all know.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well Magic! I think it's safe too take the beechams capsules as they have no sugar like lemsip does.

Hullo all

Hi folks

Haven't posted recently cos been away, but thought I'd let you all know how I was getting on - been on LL now for 4 weeks and have lost 23 lbs!! :bunnydance: Really chuffed as it's beginning to really show. Am hoping for another really good week to be closer to 2 stone by the end of my 5th week.

Just need to update my ticker now!

Hope everyone is doing well too.

Well done fluff! You're on the same weight loss as me! :) Feels good, doesn't it? ;)
As for me, I'm full of cold and feeling a bit drained so I'm going to have an early night and try to sleep it off. I have completely lost my appetite (or what's left of it), I can't bring myself to have my 4th pack especially because it's chilli. What was I thinking when getting 5(!!) of those again?! VILE!!!
I'm in a foul mood so I better go to bed now ;)
Have a good one everyone.

Well done Fluff - fantastic loss:D
Aww Mags, hope you feel a bit better tomorrow - I can't stand the chilli so I know what you mean :yuk:

I lost 2.6 this week - yeehaw!! So 18 lbs in 5 weeks which I am really chuffed about ... LL ROCKS :D

How's the rest of the September Skinnies doing?

yoyo
xx

Happy Happy!! 5.5 off tonight :D:D
Hope you are feeling better soon mags xx

Gosh you're all doing so well! My WI is tomorrow night. I've convinced myself I won't have lost very much - no reason, just being pessimistic...

Took two colleagues for lunch today and had water and a coffee and they were lovely - quite curious about the diet but actually impressed I'm "doing something so proactive" about my weight. Ooh! Go me! So maybe I'm not quite so pessimistic after all?! lol

congratulations on your weightloss girls! LL certainly gives the results! I'm mid way through week 3 and a bit disapointed - i know i shouldn't but i got on my scales at home this morning and had only lost 0.4lbs since Monday!! grrr this weight wants to shift its self over the weekend haha! I have lost 14lbs in 2 weeks though, so i can't really grumble!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)

Im a returner, started 30th Sept.

Had my 1st weigh in last night lost 5lbs, happy with that as only managed 5 days abstinenant out of 7 :)

Well had my first 4-week BP check today and they charged me £20 for the privilege! I knew there would be a fee as it's not NHS work, but still! :mad: It just makes me even MORE determined to do this, as I won't be able to afford to do it twice over!

WI tonight... eek. How's everyone else getting on? IT'S FRIDAY!! :D

spangly shocked it cost you £20, check with LLC as they have someone at LL thats charges £2 to do the check monthly

Yes I'll ask tonight - thanks for the suggestion, Tracy.

Have to share my daughter's priceless comment this morning (which I am managing so far not to take too much to heart!).

Bear in mind this is after I have lost 15lb (or more?!)...

"So, Mummy, when are you going to get all thin then?"

Obviously I was more mahoosive at the start than I realised!

Back