LL September Starters/Re-starters

lol! Bless!
I've been getting more compliments which is nice but I still feel big. I've tried an old pair of trousers on this morning and they're still far too tight. This makes me even more determined! I can't wait for them to be to loose on me!

About the charges for your checkups. I think it's a joke!
We have a lady that comes and does all the forms for us in the group for free
I'd definitely speak to your LLC as £20 each month is a lot of money!

thats ok!
my doctors actually have a BP machine that prints out your reading and i go in pop the print out in an evenelope and collect it i just ask my doctor to sign and date it, its all free no way would i pay £20

Llc was appalled and has suggested a pharmacy where I can go next time for £5! phew!

Week. I was right. Only 1kg this week - 2.2 lb. Feel rather discouraged even though I know a loss is a loss etc. Bit jealous of all you guys losing 4 or 5 pounds at a time tbh! This is going to take me AGES! Oh well.

SM, Asda pharmacy should do it for free. I went there for mine and the lovely lady there told me that she has many people coming in for the same. It could just be my area or maybe they do it free at all asda pharms.

Also, congratulations on the loss. I doubt I will lose anything this week as its my TOTM and I feel massive and bloated. Feel like I've gained..hope not!

Hey spanglymum ... i reckon 2.2 is pretty good:)
You've lost more than a stone in 4 weeks :D
Have you had your measurements re-done? I found this was a real boost as I had "only" lost 15lb in 4 weeks
yoyo
xx

hello
I am not sure where everyone lives, I am in Cardiff and my GP/Practice nurse is happy to check my BP and bloods when needed, also you can go to a pharmacy and they will do your BP, the other option is buy a small battery operated bp machine about 25.00 in argos
Hope this helps
Sandra x

Sandra my LLC has a form that has to be signed and stamped by a health professional so I can't do the BP myself! I thought everyone had to be medically supervised on a VLCD? Anyway I now know the local pharmacy will do it for £3.

Hiya
I meant the ongoing checks not the intial one before you start my GP did that for me, and told me to book in with the practice nurse when I needed anything else unless I was worried about anything
6 days 100% :D

I asked to see the nurse but she didn't have any appointments left. The charge would have been the same. At least I've found an alternative for all the future BP checks each four weeks.

How's everyone doing? I've been quite low today as I'm down with the cold that's doing the rounds. Dh went and got pizza tonight too. Hey ho. It IS my choice to do this, but sometimes I have to remind myself of that!!

I've got the cold too and it's making me quite weak. I hope it will pass soon though.
Well done for being so strong spangly :)

Had my weigh in tonight and I lost another 5lbs!!!
I'm very happy with that as not only I never expected that (because I was ill) but also it now takes me up to a 2 stone mark!
RESULT!!! :D

Congratulations Magic - thats excellent! 2stone in 5 weeks! wow!

my weigh in was last night, only lost 2.8lbs (i know, not too bad, but everyone else was losing 4+) but all in all i've lost 17lbs in 3 weeks so not bad really! Upping the water this week to see if that helps!

Does anyone find that drinking more of the water flavouring slows weight loss? I've drunk more of it this week - to help with the toilet department mainly! just wondered if that made a difference!

Hope everyone else is doing well! 4th week here i come! :)

Yet more amazing weight losses! Well done, ladies! What's your secret?! No, seriously, what's your secret? Everyone in my group is losing 2 or 3 lb a week (apart from the first week).

I'm off to the hospital this afternoon to get my wisdom teeth checked pre-extraction. Yuk! Have been reassured they're not actually going to DO anything today though. Still not a nice thought though!

well done Mags thats fantastic....should be very pleased and proud with yourself x spangly good luck at the hospital later x

Thank you ladies :D
Kim i drink water with flavourings all the time and it doesn't seem to affect me in a bad way. I also don't drink that much at all 2-3 litres per day max! Plus tea, coffee etc. I listen to my body and it seems to tell me it's enough.
I personally think that the heavier and taller you are the bigger the losses are each week. I have a lady in my group who has 10st to lose and she just completed her first week having lost 17lbs!!!
I will be going back to the gym this week and I am sure the losses will be smaller but that's fine. I miss my gym and I want to start toning up.
Just hang in there girlies and your bodies will get there in their own time. We are all different but if we stick to it we will ALL get there!! :)

Has anyone had the mousse mix yet? I saw pots of it on Friday and have heard people mention it online but my LLC didn't say anything about it and it's not on our pack list. I think I'll email her and ask her about it...

Well done Mags & Kim :D
Mags, how was the group this week? Did you actually get any counselling?
Spangly, hope your hospital visit went ok.

I don't have any of the flavourings as I don't mind water, water & more water:rolleyes:
I've not tried the mousse mix but I make all my shakes as "mousses". I only have the choc anyhow but only ever mix it with a smidgin of water. It has a kind of cake mix consistency ... if anyone is going to try their packs this way just add the water a little bit at a time & then you don't get lumps;)
I did try the mousse mix when i did a brief spell on W8 .. I'm sure it must be similar stuff ... it was a disaster - maybe i did it wrong:)

yoyo
xx

Thanks YoYo :)
Yeah the session went well this week. Ihad a chat with my LLC and voiced my concerns and to be fair I don't think she realised how much it was affecting me. We had a chat about it as a group and everyone was agreeing with me that we need to start working through some issues.
So last night we focused on time and prioritising. It really made me think when I realised I never ever put myself first with anything.
I think that needs to change. Now! :)

Good for you Mags - we need to speak up for ourselves don't we?
:superwoman:

Back