ProPoints Loopeylou's Food Diary

Hey hun. Can't imagine it's easy at the minute for you so well done for sticking to pp's. Do you mind me asking what's wrong with your hubby's mum? Sorry if you think im being nosey.

My nan eventually had to go into a home due to alzheimers, it's not nice but it was the best thing for her in the end. I hope everything gets sorted for you and hubby xx

Hey hun. Can't imagine it's easy at the minute for you so well done for sticking to pp's. Do you mind me asking what's wrong with your hubby's mum? Sorry if you think im being nosey.

My nan eventually had to go into a home due to alzheimers, it's not nice but it was the best thing for her in the end. I hope everything gets sorted for you and hubby xx

Don't mind asking at all, I seem to spend alot of time pouring my heart out on hear....guess it does help though :eek:
She also has alzheimers. She was diagnosed 2 years ago but is very fast progressing, she has the mental age now of a 2 year old I would say.
We have a excellent care package set up which upto 2 months ago was working well. She has 2 carers a day, 5 days at a day care centre, cleaner, one of us go there every evening to feed her ( I also bath her 2-3 times a week ) and at weekend she spends it with someone whether she comes to our or we go to hers.
The last couple of months though she has started wandering - we get calls from neighbours and police. The last 2 weeks its been daily :( Thursday she was put to bed at 9 by the carer, my brother in law popped in at 9.30 to drop something off - he would never normally go this late and thank god he did. She had got back up and run the bath then went back to bed - water was everywhere!
She goes missing at all times of the day and night now. When they found her yest morning she was trying to get out of the house while people were there too!!
Its very sad as not only does she not recognise any of us and hasn't for the last year but due to the rapid progression ( called picks disease I think ) she has no past memory either so cannot hold any type of conversation other than yes or no. She doesn't understand many instructions either.
She's only 72, she will be the youngest lady at the care home bless her but at least as safe as we can hope for.
xx

Aw hun. Seems like you are coping ok but I know it's very hard. The hardest part is not having them recognise you (that was the thing that upset me most) I feel for you & hubby and hope you get it sorted soon. A home isn't nice but is sometimes the best place. I'll keep her & you's in my mind :hug99: xxx

Flippin weather!!!....dreading driving to work tomorrow and more snow due tomorrow night too :(

Need to fresh fruit and veg as well:eek:

Today's food:

Sunday, December 19, 2010
38 Propoints
Breakfast
50g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli 5
30g Special K Bliss Creamy Berry Crunch 3
225 ml The One 1% Milk 2

Lunch
6 Nairns Oatcakes, Cheesey 7
1 Leek and Potato Soup 2

Dinner
1 Rich Bolognese 7
Runner Beans and Broccoli 0
2 tbsp Cheese, Parmesan 3
Baked Apple and Peach with 160g Low Fat Ambrosia Custard 4

Any Time
800 ml 1% Fat Fresh Milk 9 for homemade latte's
French Fries 2
4 Mikado 1

Food ProPoints values total used 45
( 7 from weekly points )
Weekly remaining 15

Last edited:
Managed to get to weigh in through the snow and glad I did cause I've lost 2.5lb and got my silver shiny 7 :D just in time for christmas too wohoo.
My mother in law has gone into res-bite today, there was not upset or tears....she has no understanding of whats happening. Hopefull she will settle in well and they will be assessing her in the new year in preparation for a permenant residential place.

Food today:

Tuesday, December 21, 2010
37 ProPoints

Breakfast
Chocolate Porridge 7
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
1 WW Original Bagels 4
1 Morrisions Eat Smart Sausages 2
1 tbsp Light Philadelphia with Garlic & Herbs 1
French Fries 2
Apple 0

Dinner
1 medium Pork, Loin Steak, lean, Raw 7
1 serving(s) Tesco Rice Noodles 9
Stir Fry Vegetables 0
1/2 pouch(es) Sticky Plum Stir Fry Sauce 2

Any Time
Pear 0
200 ml The One 1% Milk 2

Food ProPoints values total used 37
Weekly Points 0/49

Great to see the losses are back on track Claire!!
And good news for your MiL - at least she will be safe and looked after, although it must be agony for you and your hubbie to handle her condition.
Stay warm :)

Great to see the losses are back on track Claire!!
And good news for your MiL - at least she will be safe and looked after, although it must be agony for you and your hubbie to handle her condition.
Stay warm :)

Thanks hunny, feel far better for it too. Just hoep not too much damage over xmas but hey will soon come off :D
Its been a very stressful year with MIL but so much better now knowing she is safe.
Hope your keeping well sweetie
xx

Glad to see your mil has gone into resbite, how are you and hubby about it? Hope you can both relax a little now :)
Food still looking fab as always xxx

Fab loss well done missy!!

Good new too about MIL, you're a saint for doing what you've done for her so far, you deserve a rest!

:eek:)

Glad to see your mil has gone into resbite, how are you and hubby about it? Hope you can both relax a little now :)
Food still looking fab as always xxx

Surprisingly much happier, spoke to care home as they have recommended not visiting til end of week to allow her to settle in. She slept really well, eating loads, had a great day today - interacted by playing cards and doing some knitting :D so lovely to hear and hubbie very happy tonight.

Food went a bit oops today... was not wanting to use any weekly points so I could save them for xmas but hey ho not to be. Think it was the relief of the last few weeks hitting me :confused:

Hope you well
xx

Fab loss well done missy!!

Good new too about MIL, you're a saint for doing what you've done for her so far, you deserve a rest!

:eek:)

Thanks hunny. Don't know about being a saint but we do what we can.
Were going to see her Boxing day, my brother in laws are going xmas eve and day so we took boxing day.......its easier for us to fit in with them as her home is only 5 mins drive from us :)
Actually really looking forward to going to see her and spend time with her without bathing her etc......making her a cake to take in as she love love loves my homemade cakes :D
xx

Aww, glad she is doing ok :) Is lovely hearing that they are getting on ok x

Didn't want to use any of my weekly points as wanting to save them for weekend but hey ho not to be. Not going to beat myself up as rather keep a track of them now and stay in control as much as I can.
I want to track fully until christmas morning.....then try to be careful for xmas day and boxing day when were out. Plan is to be back on plan Monday morning.......then were hoping to get away on tues for a few days so may not make weigh in til 4th Jan.

Anyway food for today was:

Wednesday, December 22, 2010
37 ProPoints

Breakfast
3 Chocolate Weetabix 6
350 ml The One 1% Milk 4
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
1 Original Bagel 6
1 tsp Light Philadelphia with Garlic & Herbs 0
3 slice Ham, Prepacked 1
French Fries 2
Apple 0

Dinner
Prawn, Choritzo and Spinach Curry 8
60g Basmati Rice 6
Runner Beans and Broccoli 0

Any Time
Pear 0
200 ml The One 1% Milk 2
100 ml Milk, Semi Skimmed 1
2 WW Chocolate Caramel Whip Bar 6
1 Piece Terrys Chocolate Orange Milk 1
WW Choc Raisins 2

Food ProPoints values total used 46
9/49 Weekly Points

Hey hunny, long time no chat!! I went AWOL for a while!! Rebelled BIG TIME over Chrimbo which resulted in damage of a grand 7.5lb gain in 12 days!! MY 12 days of Christmas I'm calling it!! Kicking myself a bit to be honest, but I'm OK with it as I'm sure it's the kind of weight that I can shift quickly, but I'm definitely not letting it go on into New Year, so from tomorrow morning I'm 100% back in the zone!! I'm ready for it now, I've been feeling so sluggish and horrible eating all this rubbish, but self-sabotaging and haven't been able to stop myself!! So annoying!! I must do some exercise too, so I'm going to get back into my walking big time because it makes me feel so much better!

So how did your Christmas go? Well done on the great pre-Chrimbo loss! Hope you've indulged a little though and really enjoyed it!! Sounds like your M-I-L settled into her respite care well- sounds like they do loads of great things with them!! XXX

Hiya :) hope u had a lovely Christmas?

Just have a quick question...the choc weetabix u have are 6 pp for 3 so does that mean they are 2pp each so 4pp for 2? That's probably a really stupid question lol xx

Hello lady!!

Am back, if a little sheepishly!! Have spectacularly f'd up the last 2 weeks, and regretting it now!! Back on it tomorrow!!

You've not been on for a few days either, have you kept control?

Hope Xmas and NY were nice and relaxing and you e enjoyed the time with MIL!!

:)

Hello Claire, so glad i have found you, even if its in weight watchers. Sorry to hear about mil, but she is safe and now you can sleep at night knowing she is safe, is she suffering from dementia? Hope you enjoyed your xmas/new year, how are you finding the new ww plan? it looks complicated!!!! how is your gorgeous son?

Hey hunny, long time no chat!! I went AWOL for a while!! Rebelled BIG TIME over Chrimbo which resulted in damage of a grand 7.5lb gain in 12 days!! MY 12 days of Christmas I'm calling it!! Kicking myself a bit to be honest, but I'm OK with it as I'm sure it's the kind of weight that I can shift quickly, but I'm definitely not letting it go on into New Year, so from tomorrow morning I'm 100% back in the zone!! I'm ready for it now, I've been feeling so sluggish and horrible eating all this rubbish, but self-sabotaging and haven't been able to stop myself!! So annoying!! I must do some exercise too, so I'm going to get back into my walking big time because it makes me feel so much better!

So how did your Christmas go? Well done on the great pre-Chrimbo loss! Hope you've indulged a little though and really enjoyed it!! Sounds like your M-I-L settled into her respite care well- sounds like they do loads of great things with them!! XXX

Well i'm back :) xmas, new year and 10 days away led to a rather large gain me thinks......oh well can't be undone so fresh start today for sure.
Had a fab time, think me and my lovely hubbie and son really needed the hols with everything thats been going on.
MIL has settled amazingly well thankfully so decision was def right one.

Like you hunny I'm feeling very bloated and sluggish, does make me question why I keep doing this to myself :sigh:
So glad to get back on track today though. Not going to class tonight though, have to work late and its going to be a nightmare anyway with new members!!
I'm full of determination so not worried that I'll slip before next week and give me chance to shed a few pesky lbs!

Big hugs hunny and hope your ok
xx

Hello Claire, so glad i have found you, even if its in weight watchers. Sorry to hear about mil, but she is safe and now you can sleep at night knowing she is safe, is she suffering from dementia? Hope you enjoyed your xmas/new year, how are you finding the new ww plan? it looks complicated!!!! how is your gorgeous son?

Hiya hunny, been so worried about you....hope things are ok :)

Well getting on great with WW until xmas, new year and a 10 day hols....gained tons but back on track this morning and can't do anything but keep plodding on I suppose.
I love the plan, I need to know how much to eat. The control side of me loves to weigh and track etc so if I don't lose weight I can work back and find the reason :D
MIL is doing really well in the in her residential home. She has dementia but has no memory at all, can't remember ever being married or having kids....she doesn't even know what a husband or children are really which is so so sad.
Its lovely though to visit her now and spend time with her rather than bathing and cooking for her etc.
I think the relief of her being safe caused me to relax far too much while we were away......wine, alcohol, choc and countless others all consumed in vast quantities!!

Love and hugs to you sweetie
xx

I'm back hanging my head in shame too - the chocolate has stuck to my hips, 5lbs on in three weeks!! Eeek.
At least we enjoyed ourselves though eh?! And the fact we're back on minimins already shows that we'll shake off those lbs in no time (I hope!).
Glad you had a nice Christmas break - it sounds like massive weight has been taken off you since you know your MIL is being looked after and is nice and safe.
Whilst dementia is devastating for family, I think there is a silver lining in as much as it must be one of the least terrible conditions to actually go through. She's probably happy as Larry with her new friends living from one activity to the next, no painful memories, no grudges, nice visitors coming in to chat. The important thing is that she is safe now :)

Back