ProPoints Loopeylou's Food Diary

that's great and going in the right direction just before chrimbo gotta be a good thing :) I'm sure it will even out, maybe be better to look at it over a month, it will look even better then :D

H xx

RhiBro said:
5 stone in 5 months!! Wow! I did Cambridge last September, and shifted 11 lbs in the first week - it was actually easier than most people think, but wasn't sustainable, plus the minute I stopped, i put on half a stone after one meal more or less!!

I definitely don't think its healthy though, it just perpetuates our obsession with food, you become fixated on what you aren't allowed to have, so as soon as you allow yourself to have it again the old habits die hard.

:eek:)

I think vlcd's are sustainable, I and a couple others on the lt part of this forum are living proof. We have all maintained our losses for over a year now.

You put on 7pbs after your first meal? Did you follow a specific programme for reintroducing food again? If not there's the reason why.

I think no matter what diet you do were always going to battle with food and our weight. Food is an addiction and it's something many people don't realise, certainly those who appear to not struggle with it and it's like any addiction except we have to eat again we can't go cold turkey for the rest of our lives! Were always going to struggle and it's probably going to be a life long battle but if we want it enough we'll get it :)

5 stone in 5 months!! Wow! I did Cambridge last September, and shifted 11 lbs in the first week - it was actually easier than most people think, but wasn't sustainable, plus the minute I stopped, i put on half a stone after one meal more or less!!

I definitely don't think its healthy though, it just perpetuates our obsession with food, you become fixated on what you aren't allowed to have, so as soon as you allow yourself to have it again the old habits die hard.

At least with WW/SW (any plan that involves chewing!!!), you are re-educating yourself to eat properly for life...the only hirdle is sticking to it!!!

I agree, for some it works and works well but not for others I guess.
I followed SureSlim, pay to have blood test then programme tailored to results.
It meant limited tea/coffee/2 pieces of fruit per day/no carbs and even weighing veg.....could only have 125g veg at lunch and 145g at dinner ( prob 3 brocolli bit )....no cooked carrot, max 1 tbsp onion per day and only 25g tomatoes :eek:
God when I look back at it I cringe....the results were amazing but not sustainable for me longterm. I couldn't eat with family, going for meals was so difficult. I really try to involve my family with the food I eat, my son has reached target weight over the last year healthly and slowly learning to change his selection of food because he wants to not because ive told him.
Sorry for waffling lol
xxx

I think vlcd's are sustainable, I and a couple others on the lt part of this forum are living proof. We have all maintained our losses for over a year now.

I think no matter what diet you do were always going to battle with food and our weight. Food is an addiction and it's something many people don't realise, certainly those who appear to not struggle with it and it's like any addiction except we have to eat again we can't go cold turkey for the rest of our lives! Were always going to struggle and it's probably going to be a life long battle but if we want it enough we'll get it :)

I totally accept that hun, its about personal choice and experience. Without a doubt I could have sustained SureSlim for life as many have and do but I made the decision not to continue.
Every plan SW, WW or Vlcd all work its just what suits each individuals lifesytle.

I have never tried food replacement but have to say what an amazing trasformation you have gone through and well done for maintaining :)

xx

Summergurl: Well done you on your amazing loss, and maintenance!! I must admit though, in my experience, you seem to be one of the exceptions to the rule!! I actually dont see the diet itself as sustainable (for me!!), not just the weight loss!! I missed being able to eat with other people, and to function in normal social situations! Perhaps this was specific to me, as a lot of our social circle revolve around meals out/dinner parties/drinking etc (hmmm...guess how I got overweight!!)

I believe that with proper re-education, we can start to move away from (or at least get proper control of) our addictions, but I do agree its such a long and painstaking process! I get really annoyed with myself sometimes. As a probation officer, I work all day with people with crippling addictions to drugs, who manage to overcome these, and there's me, with a bit of a penchant for lard, who slips up at the first opportunity!! My Offenders are often my inspiration, believe it or not!!

Claire: that diet sounds mental, 25g of tomatoes, what's that, a few pips?!! and a tbsp onion, that's random!! Well done you for sticking with it as long as you did, and although it didn't entirely work long-term, its all part of the learning curve!!

As you've said above, its what works for you, and if that's a VLCD, you're lucky you'll shift the weight much quicker!!

:)

Yep once you find the diet that works for you you're flying :)

That's what I mean re being addicted to food. People used to laugh and still do if I tell them that. Those who give up drink & drugs are real inspirations but for us to give up food entirely just isn't possible so in it's on way it's flippin' ard trying to grasp this food malarky ain't it! :giggle: even after a year I still struggle!x

Pauls mum went wandering again last night!!....don't know how much longer we can keep going. Social services are not very supportive, they just tell us to monitor it!!, they are waiting to access her as to whether she's capable of making decisions for herself which they and us know she will fail but it has to be done.
Think Paul and his brothers need to amp it up to really push to get her safe now. Were both so stressed, tired and very scared of evening phone calls now!!

Food for today has been:

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Breakfast
3 Chocolate Weetabix 6
Pineapple 0
250 ml The One 1% Milk 3
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
Cheese Spread and Ham Bagel 8
Smiths Frazzles 3
Apple 0
Costa Skinny Latte - Medio 2

Dinner
Homemade Pork Stroganoff and Rice 16

Any Time
300 ml The One 1% Milk 3
Pear and Pineapple 0
WW Vanilla Creamed Rice 3

Food ProPoints values total used 45
( 7 from weekly points )
Weekly remaining 36

Hey Hun,

Sorry you've been having a stressful time, wish social svs would get their arses in gear in general. I work with them a lot at work, and (speaking only about children's services from experience), it seems to take an awful tragedy before they evaluate how well their processes work, and it shouldn't be like that!! Sorry, rant over, hope you get the support you and MIL need.

Sorry, just noticed, you seem to regularly use a few weekly points each day, so basically add them to your daily points rather than seeing them as contingency.

Do you find this works for you? I'm worried that saving them for 'when necessary' almost encourages binges?! If I have a couple extra a night, it's hard to go mad and binge, whereas if I'm having a bad day and I know ive got almost 50 just sitting there, its almost ok to scran a pack of pringles or two!! Although, saying that, a binge is less fun if you're allowed to do it!! IYKWIM?

Thanks for your words of encouragement and helping me not to be too hard on myself!! I lost 2.5 lb this week and really chuffed as really didn't expect it!! It's actually spurred me on to be really controlled until Christmas and not even be too bad over Christmas if I can help it because I really don't want the numbers to go up again and to kick myself!! Ooh here I go again!! Being hard on myself lol!! Hope you're having a good week, Hevster XXX

Sorry, just noticed, you seem to regularly use a few weekly points each day, so basically add them to your daily points rather than seeing them as contingency.

Do you find this works for you? I'm worried that saving them for 'when necessary' almost encourages binges?! If I have a couple extra a night, it's hard to go mad and binge, whereas if I'm having a bad day and I know ive got almost 50 just sitting there, its almost ok to scran a pack of pringles or two!! Although, saying that, a binge is less fun if you're allowed to do it!! IYKWIM?

I spread them out if I havent got any social plans.....not many plans at moment as everything keeps being cancelled due to Pauls mum :(
Having a little extra each day helps me from binging I find. If it does happen then I would prob re-evaluate how I use them.
I'm a milk fiend at moment, spent 9 points on the white stuff yesterday so thank god for the 49 a week lol
xx

Thanks for your words of encouragement and helping me not to be too hard on myself!! I lost 2.5 lb this week and really chuffed as really didn't expect it!! It's actually spurred me on to be really controlled until Christmas and not even be too bad over Christmas if I can help it because I really don't want the numbers to go up again and to kick myself!! Ooh here I go again!! Being hard on myself lol!! Hope you're having a good week, Hevster XXX

Well done, had logged onto your diary first to check and posted there too :D
You a star and such an inspiration.
Hope christmas is a fab one and a SW friendly one too but if its not then no beating yourself up because you've proved just how amazingly you can pull it back
Love and hugs
xx

How much do I love my husband :D he let me exchange all out Tesco vouchers for Goldsmiths before the exchange value dropped so we got 4 x value and £760 worth wohoo

So for christmas I have - a beautiful £600 eternity ring, lovelink earings and 10 new lovelink beads. He'd already brought me a DSI XL and D&G The One perfume.....I'm a very happy and spoilt lady :p

Food for today:

Thursday, December 16, 2010
38 ProPoints
Breakfast
Chocolate Porridge 7
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
1 Original Bagel 6
3 slices Ham, Prepacked 1
Laughing Cow Light Cheese Spread Triangles 1
Pineapple, Pear and Fun Size Apple 0

Dinner
Asparagus Soup 0
Chilli Con Carne 8
60g Basmati Rice 6
Carrots and Sprouting Broccoli 0
1 tsp Mint Sauce 0 ( weird I know but I love it )

Any Time
180 ml Milk, Semi Skimmed 2
300 ml The One 1% Milk 3
Fun Size Apple 0

Food ProPoints values total used 38
( 0 from weekly points )
Weekly remaining 36

Fantastic Lou - what a beaut of a hubby you have :)

How much do I love my husband :D he let me exchange all out Tesco vouchers for Goldsmiths before the exchange value dropped so we got 4 x value and £760 worth wohoo

So for christmas I have - a beautiful £600 eternity ring, lovelink earings and 10 new lovelink beads. He'd already brought me a DSI XL and D&G The One perfume.....I'm a very happy and spoilt lady :p

Food for today:

Thursday, December 16, 2010
38 ProPoints
Breakfast
Chocolate Porridge 7
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
1 Original Bagel 6
3 slices Ham, Prepacked 1
Pineapple, Pear and Fun Size Apple 0

Dinner
Asparagus Soup 0
Chilli Con Carne 8
60g Basmati Rice 6
Carrots and Sprouting Broccoli 0
1 tsp Mint Sauce 0 ( weird I know but I love it )

Any Time
180 ml Milk, Semi Skimmed 2
300 ml The One 1% Milk 3
Fun Size Apple 0

Food ProPoints values total used 38
( 0 from weekly points )
Weekly remaining 36

Wow what a perfect hubby!! How thoughtful!! Wise move! Those Tescos vouchers were very useful while they lasted!! You MUST post pics of all your new jewels when you get them!!!X

WOW, lucky lady!! Just realised I still have loads of vouchers, have probably missed the exchange date now haven't I?!!

Oh well, got a Merlin annual pass last year so mustn't grumble!!

:)

Wohoo its Friday :D haven't got mother in law this weekend for the first time in 3 weeks :) love her but boy do we need just a weekend for us ( hopefully anyway )

Food for today:

Friday, December 17, 2010
38 PorPoints

Breakfast
Chocolate Porridge 7
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
1 Wheatfield Wholemeal Sub Roll 6
3 slice Ham, Prepacked 1
French Fries 2
Pineapple 0

Dinner
160 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean 5
1/3 Beef & Ale Flavour Casserole Sauce 1
1/2 cube Beef Cubes 0
2 tsp Bisto 1
Leeks, Carrots, Swede and Green Beans 0
250 g Potatoes, Old, Raw 5
Brussel Sprouts 0

Any Time
Apple and Pear 0
142 ml Milk, Semi Skimmed 2
WW Chocolate Caramel Whip Bar 3
WW Rich Toffee Bar 2
300 ml The One 1% Milk 3
Smarties 5

Food ProPoints values total used 45
( 7 from weekly points )
Weekly remaining 29

Last edited:
Wow so much snow :eek:!!

Pauls mum wandered out in it too.....4 inches and a pair of slippers!!
We visited the home that the boys had short listed before the weather drew in. It was very impressive - well as much as any nursing / residential care home is.
We have the care home manger coming out monday morning to do an assessment of her needs and then she goes into on Tuesday for res-bite pending a social services full assessment which will allow her to stay there longterm, she's self funding so at least no money worries.
Its all very very sad but we all know that apart from someone moving in with her and staying 24 hour a day we can no longer keep her safe :(

1 week until christmas .... were not really sure how to deal with it or feel about it now considering the timing of having to place Mary in a home for her own safety!
Still got to carry on smiling for my son's benefit, its been a tough year for us all but also for him so will make it a special one for him hook or by crook.

Food for today - choc coming in but still within points. Dinner was a planned chinese but snow too deep to go and collect so had to resort to a pile of homemade chips and tartare sauce!

Saturday, December 18, 2010
38 Propoints

Breakfast
1 Original Bagel 6
3 Egg, Whole 3
1 tsp Clover 1
Mushrooms 0
Half Skinny Latte 1

Lunch
WW Rich Toffee Bar 2
WW Original Bagel 4
25g Primula Deli Soft Cheese Light 1