Lounge's EE food diary

You're starving? I'm starving :(

My stomach sounded like it was eating itself:p

I still don't know how you can do the fasting.

LOL!

Anne - is the teriyaki salmon Britmum's recipe? do you recommend? I'm not a big fish eater...

It was and it's lovely:) I find salmon bland so this livens it up. Also, I tend to flake the salmon up once it's cooked and spread it amongst the noodles or rice as we had it tonight so there's not as much fish in one go iykwim.

Also, if you can get wild salmon not farmed it tastes so much better as they're not fed crap. Sainsburys had it on offer the other week. Not sure if it still is though.

Last edited:
My HXA is always skimmed milk

23/08/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Raspbberries (300g) with a Muller light strawberry yog poured over

Snack:
1 Alpen light bar - 1/2 HXB
1 banana

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns) Not sure what I'm going to do in winter at work:confused:

Snack:

Tea:
Peppered rump steak, onions, mushrooms, fresh peas and tomatoes with peppercorn sauce (synning my portion as 9 syns)
Shape zero strawberry yog

Snack:
3 Ryvita crackerbreads (3 syns) with VFF cottage cheese and pineapple

Last edited:

24/08/10
Breakfast:
Raspbberries with a Muller light vanilla yog poured over

Snack:
1 banana
1 small piece of chocolate and red beetroot cake. Was at my friends and behaved myself. Normally would ahve eaten loads of her scrummy home made cakes

Lunch:
2 egg omlette with baby plum tomatoes, ham and a babybel (2 syns)
Kelloggs fibre plus bar - HXB

Snack:
1 banana
1 Alpen light (3 syns)

Tea:
Chicken covered in loads of cajun spices with peppers and onions covered in cajun spices served with boiled rice
1 meringue nest (2 1/2 syns), rasberries and a Shape Zero raspberry yog
1 Coco Rocks bar (4 syns)

Last edited:

25/08/10 - work day
Breakfast:
Raspbberries with a Muller light vanilla yog poured over

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns)
Cherries

Snack:
1 banana

Tea:
Chinese takeaway - 1/3rd chicken with fresh chilli and 1/3rd singapore fried rice. Had bought fish but then DD announced she was coming home for tea and there wasn't enough for us all!

Last edited:
hey anne! your yesterday's tea sounds absolutely delicious :p i'm a recent convert to the coco rocks bars aswell :D

how's your daughter doing? xxx

Ali, thanks for asking:) She's been at her boyfriends for tea nearly every night this week so I know she won't have eaten healthily:rolleyes: but she's telling me she's eating SW style at lunch. Mind you we've had chinese tonight as I wasn't organised:eek: :break_diet:

Was cross with DH tonight though as he was on about how much she could have lost by now if she was following it properly:mad::mad: She's also got * week so is feeling bloated and yuck as it is!

I'm just going to carry on with the best meals I can for all of us and hope that she will get her head into the right frame of mind to do it properly or if not 100% at least more than 50%

Oh, and we love hot and spicy food so any recipes would be great:) I still haven't managed to make a curry as good as a restaurant although the Kitchen Guru spice kits (the lazy way -lol) have made them nearly as good.

Last edited:
Oh Ann - it's a bit good cop, bad cop with you/hubby and daughter isn't it, out of interest when did she gain weight? My little girl is slightly over weight, she is 6 months too young to do SW, I really want this bit of puppy fat gone before she starts senior school in sept 2011

I haven't heard of those curry kits? are there high syn?

Good luck for WI, speak tomorrow, donna x

Oh Ann - it's a bit good cop, bad cop with you/hubby and daughter isn't it, out of interest when did she gain weight? My little girl is slightly over weight, she is 6 months too young to do SW, I really want this bit of puppy fat gone before she starts senior school in sept 2011

I haven't heard of those curry kits? are there high syn?

Good luck for WI, speak tomorrow, donna x

Donna, they're only spices so syn free as far as I'm aware. Instead of having to buy big jars they have just the right amount of everything you need for a curry. I "think" Sainsburys might sell them. I ordered direct from them Welcome - Kitchen Guru

As far as DD goes she definately got bigger as she went to High School (school dinners and only crap choices although I think that will have changed now plus access to vending machines for chocolate and crisps) although was always "wider" than most of her friends from Year 6. She also used to be at dance classes all day on a Saturday and often during the week, swim, play netball for school and also do athletics, so then it wasn't lack of exercise.The netball and athletics stopped when she was in Year 8 at school. Mind you so many of them looked as if they'd snap in two as they were so thin. Oddly though from being only 5lb 13oz and in prem stuff as she was so tiny she rapidly hit the 97 - 100% percentile on all growth charts. We were told at one school check up to expect her to reach 6ft 2inches (and to watch for her being underweight!!) but she's stopped at 5ft 6inches.

DH and his parents are not big (parents infact obsessed about weight too much the other way!) - but his Aunts and Uncles were/are obese. Is it partly genetic:confused: Is it something I've done:confused: and yes I'm still furious at DH. I know he's as worried as I am about health issues and how much more difficult it will be to shift some of the weight if she doesn't do something now but I do wish he'd keep his mouth shut as he knows that it deosn't help!

I've offloaded more than I meant to:eek:

26/08/10
Breakfast:
Raspbberries with a Shape Zero raspberry yog poured over
1 banana

Snack at taster:
SW spring roll (think syn free)and a tiny piece of the giant jaffa cake (calling it 5 syns)

Lunch:
2 egg omlette with ham, tons of baby plum tomatoes and a Babybell (2 syns)
1 Kelloggs fibre plus - HXB

Munchies:
So had 1 nectarine and 2 ryvita (2 syns) with VFF red pepper and sweet chilli cottage cheese. This looks revolting imo but has a good kick to it:)

Tea:
Baked haddock, SW chips and peas
Blackberries, blueberries, redcurrants and raspberries with a Shape Zero strawberry yog and a mini meringue (?syns??)

Fruit was as sour as anything (Sainsburys frozen)even with sweetener on so just had a Coco Rocks bar (4 syns)

1 slice of ham and VFF cottage cheese with chives. This was the Longley Farm one and it is much better than all the other VFF ones imo as it's not sloppy.

Last edited:

27/08/10 - work day
Breakfast:
A large bowl of raspberries and Blueberries with a Muller Light vanilla yog poured over

Snack:
1 banana

Pre lunch snack:
Another banana

Lunch:
As it's Friday regular readers will know it is
Cup of home made pea and ham soup (deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)
Roast beef salad sandwich with mustard mayo and gherkins on 1 slice of granary bread from a large loaf no butter or marg(deli bought and no idea of syns:confused:)
1 Alpen light - 1/2 HXB

Tea:
Donna's chicken jambalaya but I've had to tweak it tonight as I didn't have some of the things in. Just call me Mrs Disorganised today!

So, mine is chicken coated in lots of jerk seasoning and chorizo style sausages (need to find the syns for these) both fried off in frylight. Throw in the lazy garlic and lazy red chilli (no green in), then followed with red, yellow and orange peppers and a white onion (had no green pepper or red onion). Didn't have chicken stock cube so used a vegetable one. Throw in rice and tomatoes and leave to bubble away.

Was worried that I might have put too much chilli in but it wasn't really spicy enough:(

Shape zero strawberry yoghurt

Last edited:
OMG, syn boo boo - Curly Wurlys are 5 syns not 6 so have saved some there but some Asda cottage cheese I thought was free isn't:( I've eaten quite a bit of it as well since Sunday. Just goes to show that I've got lax with my double checking particularly as some days I'm up to my maximum syns or over if you include our usual Saturday night.

Back