Lounge's EE food diary

My HXA is always skimmed milk

04/09/10
Breakfast:
A large bowl of raspberries with an Activia FF yog poured over

Keep thinking perhaps I should change my breakfast but the small amounts of cereal allowed don't fill me up.

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
Baked beans, 4 medallions of bacon and 2 wholemeal nimble - HXB
Red grapes

Snack
1 Alpen Light (3 syns)
Red grapes

Tea:
Veg samosa, popaddum, onion and mango chutney, salad, mushroom rice, chicken jalalabadhi, naan bread
1 curly wurly (5 syns)

Last edited:
but it was wholemeal and there was salad! prawns, dammit, have so many syns, it's unbelievable! dates too :( the average 28g date is 2.5 syns, how sucky. i refuse to defend the mayo and the chocolate :p x

Are prawns not free on EE:confused: It is odd how the syn thing works. Like you say a date, which I associate as being a good food is 2 1/2 syns yet what I consider crap like mugshots are free:confused:

05/09/10
Breakfast:
A large bowl of raspberries with a Muller light yog poured over
1 banana

Lunch:
4 Waitrose free range pork chipolatas (6 syns) mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 medallions of bacon, fried egg
1 Alpen light - 1/2 HXB

Snack:
1 Alpen light - 1/2 HXB

Tea:
Chicken pie from latest mag (1 syn) with organic carrots and cabbage

Coco rocks bar (4 syns)

Last edited:

06/09/10 - work day

Breakfast:
Raspberries with a Muller light vanilla yog poured over
1 Alpen light bar - 1/2 HXB
1 banana

Snack:
Red grapes

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns)
1 banana
1 Alpen light - 1/2 HXB

Snack:
Red grapes
Ham

Tea:
Leftover chicken and mushroom pie (over estimating at 1 syn), plateful of cabbage and carrots
Activia FF yog
Curly wurly (5 syns)

Snack:
Baby plum tomatoes- so yummy and sweet

Last edited:

07/09/10

Breakfast:
I had something different:eek: 42g Weetabix crunchy bran with an Activia FF yog poured over it. Will be interesting to see if this fills me up more.

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
2 egg omlette with ham, tomato, mushroom and a Babybell (2 syns)
Bowl of raspberries

Snack:
Kelloggs fibre plus - HXB

Snack:
1 banana

Tea:
Veg stir fry, dried egg noodles, king prawns with M & S sweet chilli and ginger stir fry sauce (can't find bloody syns on SW site)

Curly wurly (5 syns)

Last edited:
Are prawns not free on EE:confused: It is odd how the syn thing works. Like you say a date, which I associate as being a good food is 2 1/2 syns yet what I consider crap like mugshots are free:confused:

I remember prawns having syns in the book - don't take my word for it though! I'll be ecstatic if they're free!!!

SW is effective, odd or not, so I'm happy to go along with it! LOL, will be even happier once Ramadan is over so I can spend my 2.5 syns on other goodies! In previous years, we would all eat anything upto like 10 dates a day - some to close the fast, a few to break, then just munch on the others during the rest of the night. It's shocking to now imagine spending 25 syns in 6-7 eating hours on a FRUIT! xxx

I remember prawns having syns in the book - don't take my word for it though! I'll be ecstatic if they're free!!!

SW is effective, odd or not, so I'm happy to go along with it! LOL, will be even happier once Ramadan is over so I can spend my 2.5 syns on other goodies! In previous years, we would all eat anything upto like 10 dates a day - some to close the fast, a few to break, then just munch on the others during the rest of the night. It's shocking to now imagine spending 25 syns in 6-7 eating hours on a FRUIT! xxx

Panic over, prawns are only synned on green. I love dates but can't eat just one so would have none.

Actually I think it did:) I might add some to my raspberries and yog tomorrow. I eat my breakfast when I get to work -lol

Glad you're pleased about the prawns Ali:)

Pleased?! Ecstatic! Secret pleasure of mine, prawns ;) Used to absolutely hate them, didn't even try them until about two years ago when my dad told me 'just do it!' one day, so I did and never looked back! I would love to eat them more often but my mum hates them, there's a debate in Islam whether they are halal or not... General consensus is that they are 'makruh' which means 'hated', when literally translated... It's like, it's not bad to eat them, but it's good not to eat them. She has no problem with my dad and brother-in-law eating them but if I so much as look in the direction of the bowl, I get daggers. But I think that's more to do with my b-i-l being her favourite child!

Have fun with your experimented breakfast! Do you leave for work early, therefore eat there? x

Pleased?! Ecstatic! Secret pleasure of mine, prawns ;) Used to absolutely hate them, didn't even try them until about two years ago when my dad told me 'just do it!' one day, so I did and never looked back! I would love to eat them more often but my mum hates them, there's a debate in Islam whether they are halal or not... General consensus is that they are 'makruh' which means 'hated', when literally translated... It's like, it's not bad to eat them, but it's good not to eat them. She has no problem with my dad and brother-in-law eating them but if I so much as look in the direction of the bowl, I get daggers. But I think that's more to do with my b-i-l being her favourite child!

Have fun with your experimented breakfast! Do you leave for work early, therefore eat there? x

That's interesting about prawns. I've learnt so much on here from you:) Unfair on you for getting daggers though if you want some:(

No early starts for me, it's just I can't eat breakfast unless I've been up for over an hour and I stay in bed until about 7.30:) Oddly though if we're away on holiday (which is rare:() I don't have the same problem-lol

08/09/10 - work day

Breakfast:
Raspberries with an Activia FF yog poured over
1 Alpen light bar - 1/2 HXB
1 banana

Snack:
Red grapes

Lunch:
M & S Count on Us Vietnamese Chicken Salad (2 syns)
1 banana
1 Alpen light - 1/2 HXB

Snack:
Red grapes

Tea:
Cottage pie with carrots, onions and courgettes in. Used 1 tbsp gravy granules 3 1/2 syns in total, calling my portion (1 syn) Mash is swede, potato and spring onion. Carrots and cabbage
Coco rocks bar (4 syns) - choc fix needed

Snack:
Curly wurly (5 syns)

Last edited:

09/09/10

Breakfast:
42g Weetabix crunchy bran - HXB with loads of raspberries and an Activia FF yog poured over it.

Snack:
1 banana

Lunch:
3 Ryvita crispbreads (3 syns)with Longley Farm pineapple cottage cheese (2 syns) plus tomatoes and cucumber

Snack:
1 banana

Tea:
Baked smoked haddock with baked cherry toms and SW wedges

Gone off wagon and had some CDM wholenut chocolate that my Dad gave me.

Back on wagon so had two packs of Squeeze Me Blendies Twinkle Fruits - strawberries, mango and pineapple

Sweet tooth again so 2 Ryvita crispbreads with pineapple cottage cheese (6 syns) - 'twas this or even more chocolate at lord knows how mnay syns!

Last edited:
Feeling teary and crappy today so am going to have to watch what I eat I think. My Dad has terminal liver cancer and isn't at all good at the moment. Have to fit in WI, a small food shop, a visit to the Osteopath and also going to my Dad's to take him some food and deliver/pickup his washing.

Back