Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Thanks Claire - lots of new faces to get to know. Your wedding pics looked fab by the way.
KiKi - it was delish too, I still can't quite believe how much we can have on SW.

Today's diary - Green day
B: Baked beans on toast (1B)
S: Apple
L: Cous cous with added red pepper, sweetcorn and red onion, with 1 tbsp of light salad cream (2 syns)
S: Chopped up banana in toffee muller light
D: BBQ 113g chicken breast with slimming world chips and sweetcorn (1B and 2syns).

funny thing happened last night, had my tea and few minutes later started feeling really hot and itchy. I'm allergic to fruit based alcohol (wine, cider etc), and it was exactly the same reaction - but to my dinner? I had steak that I'd marinaded in chinese 5 spice and soy sauce, with a pre bagged salad.... I've reacted to precut / packed kiwi fruit before so think it may have been the salad???

OMG i've just realised my dream has come true I'M ALLERGIC TO SALAD, haha xxx

Hiya.... just got back from 2 hours in starbucks with my friend, i just had black coffee x 2, however, I gave in and had a marshmallow twizzle stick thing. If you've not seen them they are literally three marshmallows on a stick, coated in choc with some hundreds of thousands on, I was estimating it would be approx 4 syns, but just got home and checked and it was 7.5, argh. It wasn't even nice.

updated food diary...

Today's diary - Green day
B: Baked beans on toast (1B)
S: 2 x black coffee and 1 marshmallow twizzle stick from starbucks (7.5 syns)
L: Cous cous with added red pepper and red onion, with 1 tbsp of light salad cream (2 syns)
S: Chopped up banana in toffee muller light
D: BBQ 113g chicken breast with slimming world chips and sweetcorn (1B and 2syns for sauce).

hey lou - welcome back!!!! :) missed having you around. i was back on here in jan/feb but have just taken 5 weeks off and rejoined this week so i'm back too!

looks like it's going well so far :) fingers crossed for a great loss. x

That twizzle stick thing sounds like it'd be 1000 syns I was drooling just reading about it but shall not bother if it's not very nice.

Atleast you didn't have a bit of their decadence cake, that's most definitely 1000 syns!

you'd think that at the age of 26 i'd be able to be a bit more grown up and not think about chocolate?? I've literally just had my dinner and i'm full up, I've had 11.5 syns yet I still think I want chocolate. It was a massive mistake to buy a 6 pack of fudge bars as they keep calling me. I've come on here to distract myself and let the craving pass...... arrgh, grow up Louise.

I'm working tomorrow so going to write my food plan now, i think the key to my (hopeful) success will be planning, so I'm sorry if I bore anyone with endless lists.

Sunday - Green Day - Early shift
B: Porridge and chopped banana (1B)
L: Massive salad with syn free quiche and 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)
S: Choc cherry Muller light (2 syns)
D: Stirfy veg and noodles with 113g prawns, ginger and worcestershire sauce (1B)

Hey welcome back lou! I also had a break and rejoined in jan- things ave been going slow for me as every week since i joined I had 'plans' typical! Back on the straight and narrow now though!

Glad to see you back and settled in well. Good luck for WI! XX

Hi Niknaks, I soooo know that feeling, I was out this week with the girls, there again at least sw fits in to our lives quite easy ish. It's just the weekends where I go tits up though. Lol.

Anyway, I've been working today, ended up going to see my brother after work so was later home than planned, by which point I was so hungry I ended up changing from stirfy to something quick and easy. Also nearly maxed it out on my syns too, need to cut back tomorrow..... it's mad how the add up without me even trying!!

Sunday - Green Day - Early shift
B: 42g weetabix bran (1B)
S: Yogurt and cereal bar (3.5syns)
L: Massive salad with syn free quiche and pack of low fat crisps (4.5 syns)
S: 2 marshmallows (2 syns)
S: 2 thorntons chocs at brothers (4 syns?)
D: SW quiche, jacket potato and baked beans

Syns for today: 14!!

Must wire jaw for rest of evening, although I've got a B choice left but no hungry. Need to add in more free food tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the sunshine. x

On an early shift tomorrow so I'm doing my planning now....How sad is this though - I've just weighed my cereal out and put it in fridge ready for the morning.

Monday - red day
B: 42g weetabix crunchy bran (1B)
S: Carrott and celery sticks
L: Tuna and red onion salad and 1tbsp salad cream (2 syns)
S: Muller light and apple
D: Chicken kebabs (chicken, cherry toms, onions, mushrooms and red peppers) with a 227g jacket potato and 50g reduced fat coleslaw (1B and 2 syns)

I'm on a high at the moment and LOVE being back on plan, I never use to bother weighing things before but am fixed to them now. xx

Hiya everyone,
I'm feeling much better today, been round to mum's for some good old advice / gossip. I'm going through a rough patch with my boyfriend at the moment, so was nice just to talk to her, she also understands my weight problems too, and thinks I should look into hypnotherapy (she's a nurse and really rates it).

Anyway, boyfriend can kiss my ass..... here's my menu for today..

Monday - red day
B: 42g weetabix crunchy bran (1B)
S: Muller light and apple
S: 2 mini tiny bite size pieces of flapjack (probably a million syns, going to ban people having birthdays)
L: Tuna and red onion salad and 1tbsp salad cream (2 syns)
S: Carrot and celery sticks
D: Chicken kebabs (chicken, cherry toms, onions, mushrooms and red peppers) with a 227g jacket potato and 50g reduced fat coleslaw (1B and 2 syns)

It's weigh in day tomorrow, i'm really excited, but don't want to get into the trap of not eating / drinking all afternoon on the run up to it, I use to do this and it just made me feel lousy and so hungry I'd never stay to class.

Going to plan the next three days now so look out for more lists. x

Yeh I get ya on the weigh in thing, me and my mum weigh on a Saturday morning at about 10am so after the usual brekkies.

You'll do fine so don't worry about it :)

Good luck for your WI hun, i would eat what you want within reason during the day. Dont go on an empty stomach otherwise you wont stay to group like what i used to do!

Thanks ladies, it was fine, I'm happy as lost 5lbs, so my aim for next week is at least 2lbs so I can get my half stone award.

Just got home - starving, knackered, will update later xx

Great start but very long way to go, oh well, it all helps.

Food diary for tomorrow - in work at 6am so have to be all prepared now.

Green day
b: 42g weetabix crunchy bran (1B)
s: Apple and cereal bar (3.5 syns)
l: 3 pagen crisp rolls, cottage cheese and carrot, thought crisp rolls were tiny so put a mugshot in lunch box too (1B)
s: yogurt
d: Spicy tomato pasta bake with butter beans and cheese (1A)

I'm off for a big bubble bath now as starting to feel like I'm coming in for a cold, rrrrrubbish. Hope everyone is ok. xxx

Good luck Karen!

Just got home from work and feeling tired and run down, normally I'd reach for the chocolate (and not even taste it)... but instead I remembered the fabulous SW syn free rice pudding. Just had a massive bowl and am happy, although still feel like I'm getting a bug.

Anyhooo...

Green day
b: 42g weetabix crunchy bran (1B)
s: Apple and mini choc muffin (6 syns??)
l: 3 pagen crisp rolls, cottage cheese and carrot, thought crisp rolls were tiny so put a mugshot in lunch box too (1B)
s: Synfree rice pudding
d: Spicy tomato pasta bake with butter beans and cheese (1A)

So determind to get my half stone award next week, I just hope I still have this will power in 6 weeks time, I think staying to class helps - although I'd rather not!!

Tomorrow's food diary - Red day

B: 42g crunchy bran
L: Tuna and red onion salad with mayo (2 syns) and muller light
S: BBQ steak strips
D: Out with girls so either steak or chicken with veg and jacket potato.

xxx

Awwr you should stay for class, you'll get to see people who are already shifting the weight and it could motivate you :)

This syn free rice pudding sounds delish but hello red day. :(

Back