Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

1000 cals a day?? Isn;t that a bit low?? I don't know much about calorie counting but I thought a woman was supposed to eat 2000 on a normal day, maybe slightly less if trying to lose weight??

I'm sure you will soon notice if you suddenly have no energy etc!! xx

Hi hun, I feel really good, hungry sometimes but like being in control and waiting for my next meal rather than snacking, am eating quite a lot still, just the right things. A woman is meant to have 2000kcals to maintain weight, to lose 1lb a week you need to reduce intake by 500kcals a day, to lost 2lb a week it's 1000kcals.

I'm not going to do it for long, just to get myself back into actually thinking about food etc, rather than just eating when I'm bored and not even hungry.

xxx

Monday
B: Porridge with water (100kcals)
S: Apple (50kcals)
L: Porridge (100kcals) and alpen light bar (70kcals)
D: Mild curry savoury rice (350kcals) with an egg (80kcals) in it with extra veggies (60kcals)

Looking at that it isn't that different to what I'd have on slimming world

Hi everyone...... hope you've had a good day, I'm frrrrozen, can't wait for summer, am desperate to get out in the evening in the sunshine, at the moment it's dark when I go to work and dark when I get home, depressing!

Tuesday
B: Porridge made with water (100kcal)
S: 2 apples (100kcals)
L: Porridge made with water (100kcal)
S: Milk in coffees (100kcal)
D: Lean steak (204), roast veg (100) and 250g mccain rustic oven chips (340)

TOTAL: 1044kcals

Last edited:
Hiya Lou, oooh calorie counting I used to love doing that! How's you? I agree with you its bloomin freezing here and I've got the heating on, can't seem to get warm, not sure whether its because I'm just tired. Think I'll go and have a relaxing bubble bath and get into my jimmy jams, catch up with you later Boo xxx

Ohh boo you're a girl after my own heart, bath and pjs is the way I roll every night, hehe.

Wednesday
B: Mullerlight (95kcals) and muesli (50kcals)
L: Porridge (100kcals) and sugar (20kcals)
S: Fibreplus bar (105kcals - need to double check)
S: Milk (100kcals)
D: Sweet chilli chicken noodle ready meal (320kcals) and spring greens (30kcals)

470kcals so far, well have a bigger dinner when I'm back from weigh in

TOTAL 820
xx

Last edited:
Hiya Lou

Good luck for weigh-in although I don't think you need it :D How's your day been? I'm chaufeur tonight for my boy so no relaxing for me! Catch up with you later Boo xxx

Yippee.... 2lbs off tonight, hadn't been to WI for 2 weeks so think the loss is actually about 5lbs (due to last weeks unoffical gain).

So... calorie counting continues, as does my quest to get my 6 stone sticker by 1st March... which is 13lbs in 6 weeks...

Hi everyone...

My food is pretty samey at the moment, but having a chinese tonight, eek, so needed to keep kcals down in the day time..

B: Porridge (100kcals)
S: Milk (100kcals), 2 satsumas (50kcals)
L: Porridge (100kcals) and wafer (95 kcals)
D: Chicken chow mein (361kcals according to nutracheck) and few chips (200kcals est)

1006 kcals

Morning everyone, am on a rest day today so am writing this in bed with a coffee whilst listening to the rain outside, hehe, am all snug now but will be pay back time when I'm up at 6am on Sunday.

Think I'm going to walk into town later which is 3km, so will get some exercise and maybe get the bus back (when I'm struggling with all my heavy shopping bags), orange are currently doing 25% off all mobile monthly tariffs for emergency services employees, so may actually embrace technology and get an iphone, eek.

Anyway... food, I only ate half my chow mein last night but then just ate some cold straight from the fridge... but surely that'll come out of last nights kcals?? Hehe.

Friday
B: Mullerlight (95kcals) and muesli (50kcals)
S: Milk (100 kcals)
L: Left over chow mein (200kcals guess)
D: Steak salad (??)

Last edited:
Well done on the loss, that's fab esp if it really is 5lb!!

Enjoy your day off, can't wait for mine tomorrow :) xxx

Aww, thanks everyone. Cooked dinner for my parents last night and ended up eating a few of their left over full fat oven chips, oooops. Oh well, have got till Wednesday to make up for it.

Saturday
S: Milk (100kcals)
L: Steak salad (?)
D: Turkey, noodles and veg with chilli and soya sauce

Corrr... I can't stop eating today, nom nom..

Saturday
S: Milk (50kcals)
L: Steak salad (155kcals steak and 50kcals for salad and salad cream)
S: Mullerlight and muesli (145kcals)
S: 3 rice cakes (81kcals)
D: Turkey (150kcals), noodles (240kcals) and veg (50kcals) with chilli and soya sauce

TOTAL: 1021kcals

Last edited:
Ahhh had a very productive afternoon, cleared the loft as getting new insultion next week, was sad as the woman who use to live here left a load of stuff up there like her daughters 'baby box' has all her hospital wrist band and keep sakes in, so I'm going to ask my neighbours where she has moved to so I can give it back to her.

I then took all the other crap she'd left up there to the tip, then called in at shop on way home and bought some expander file things and have spent the last 3 hours going through all my paperwork and sorting it all out, feels great to have it all in one file, I've also filled another bin bag full of paperwork!!

So.. that's almost my weekend over as I'm working tomorrow, am going to have a quick hoover round and then cook tea before veg-ing out in front of tv.

Have eaten loads today so looking forward to not being in the house tomorrow so I can sort myself out again!!

Sunday
S: Satsuma (30kcals)
L: Porridge (100kcals)
S: Milk (75kcals)
D: ??

Not sure about dinner, am trying to use stuff out of the freezer rather than shopping this week, possibly a sausage caserole?

Boy update (apologies for such a long message).. have seen C a few more times, I know I shouldn't but we both know what the deal is, plus, I'm actually getting bored of him so think I'm going to sack him off... hehe, will be nice to be the one who gets rid of him this time!
T - not going anywhere, don't think he's got time in his life for a girlfriend and I'm not playing second best to football / pool with mates / work / drinking with mates, so it's his loss.

xxx

Hmm... sunday hasn't really gone to plan...

Sunday
S: Chocolate digestive (84 kcals)
S: Babybel light (50kcals)
S: 3 rice crackers (81kcals)
S: Milk (75kcals)
D: Turkey, veg and jacket potato (?)

Better explain the chocolate digestive, I over slept so had to take breakfast into work with me, but I'm really busy when I first get in so gave in and ate a biscuit before I had chance to make my porridge... grrr to my alarm clock!! x

Hi Lou,
You are looking hot hot hot in your new picture, so slim!!
I am a bit worried about the 1000kcal thing though - that seems like hardly anything! Don't do it for too long!
Better to lose slowly and surely than to lose a load but for it to jump back on when you go back to eating normally...
Lecture over! Hope you had an awesome Christmas and new Year xx :)

Hi everyone.... been really teary today and decided like a spoilt child not to talk to anyone at work either, hehe, I've no idea why, I just couldn't be bothered, what a spoilt brat I am.

Anyway... today's food..
S: 3 rice cakes (81 kcals)
S: Milk (50kcals)
S: Yogurt and muesli (150kcals)
D: Not sure yet... am really craving a jacket potato though... (400kcals at least)
S: Options hot choc (37kcals)

Back