Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

No I think USA do it, I just thought it might be a good idea for me to follow as I often eat for the sake of it just to use up points or feel guilt when I go over my points (well the second point hasn't improved much) but for the first 3 days of me trying it, it definintely worked.

Had a quick look on the scales and haven't put on cos of my pizza last night however, am off for the indian buffet today so that might change tomorrow but I have a couple of days to recify that!

My poor mum is on the phone right now to our insurance company who holds my grandads life assurance, they have sent my mum a letter asking for proof that my nan died - she died 9 years ago! How incompetent.

Food well, I had originally 88.5 points left yesterday, but I decided to count my pizza as 15 points so leaves me 61 points now for the rest of the week.

Food for today:

B - 50g special K sutain (3)
L&D buffet at indian restaurant will count this as 20 points
S - milk (1.5)

24.5 points used 36.5 points left for Saturday and SUnday - oh dear not a lot!!

Had a quick look on the scales and haven't put on cos of my pizza last night however, am off for the indian buffet today so that might change tomorrow but I have a couple of days to recify that!

24.5 points used 36.5 points left for Saturday and SUnday - oh dear not a lot!!

Thats good about the pizza. I hope you enjoy the buffet today! x

enjoy the buffet lydia.

the only thing i would suggest to people considering weekly points would be to start your 'week' at the weekend if that's the time you're likely to eat more so you don't run out and then decide to blow it.

Thats note a bad idea Karen x

Went to the cinema today to see Changeling, its very good, not exactly a happy go lucky film quite a sad story but really enjoyed it and won't be surprised if Angelina Jolie got an oscar for it!

ah i liked the look of that, wondered if it was a little depressing, is that the one when she get the wrong kid or something?

Hope you enjoyed the Indian buffet (made my mouth water when I read that!) :)
Will be popping back in to see how the weekly points pan out :D xxx

Hope you enjoyed your curry. We were supposed to go for one last Sunday but we all went down with a cold - good for my points total but I did miss it.

I'd like to see Changeling, did it make you cry?

Elaine x

The weekly points doesn't seem to have worked out too badly for you then. 18 each day Saturday and Sunday is do-able especially with some 0 point veggie stuff in there.

Waiting with baited breath to see your results on Monday

Rosie x

Yes thats the one, her son goes missing and she gets the wrong one back and its all linked to a serial killer, its a true story, I read up on the true story last night and with a few amendments they stick pretty much to the story and 90% of the dialogue in the film is taken from the actual police archive transcripts! It didn't make me cry (I think mothers will cry though), but it did touch me especially when I read up on the story last night.

Well so far so good today, had a cup of tea and 50g speical K for brekkie (2.5). Going to make a homemade quorn mince, lentil and pea keema tonight (2.5), with 60g dried weight brown rice (3) and a tescos HL mini naan (2) and with my milk allowance thats a total of 11.5 points so far so pretty good. Will update later

We were considering going to see Changeling - almost certainly will now.

You know what's coming next, don't you? Yes, it's a request for the keema recipe...

Thank yooo x

This is the second time I have made the keema its lovely, will post it in a few mins on the recipe sticky.

Had a small jacket potato with beans at lunch and half a small donut. So thats 18.5 points today, 18 points for tomorrow then I would have stuck to my weekly points. Did a couple of hours of housework and ironing this morning, must have earned a bonus point or two there!! LOL!!

Well done on sticking to your 18 or so today - just tomorrow to go and then your home free with another whole load of points for next week.

The keema recipe sounds great. You are our resident Delia/Jamie/Gordon (pick whichever one suits you best)

Rosie x

Have posted the recipe.

I'd rather be Nigella!! LOL!

Just read through all your recipes on the sticky getting down to trying them next week they sound great - thanks

M

Had a right mix match of food today!

B - 50g special K (2)
L - 1/2 toasted teacake (1.5)
1 quorn scotch egg (1)
small piece of choc log (3.5)
D - quorn peppered steak (2)
150g new pots (1.5)
Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and peas (0.5)
S - milk (1.5)
Maltesers (3.5)
Skinny Cow choc drink (0.5)

Phew 18 out of 18! Did it, lets see though tomorrow if the pizza and the buffet did any damage!!

Back