Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

was talking to my diet bud at work - shes on SW and she lost 6.5lbs last week - she changed a couple of her breakfasts to fresh raspberries and her leader said apparently raspberries are a super speed food or something? assume it must be metabolism related, but she usually struggles to lose 1lb a week and said that was her only change.. so i bet if you do something similar with your fruit and veg you will easily get your STS :) x

Oh thanks for that, thats really helpful, might change some of my breakfasts next week to fruit and yoghurt. I never used to be very good with berries in my mouth (weird I know), but I am getting better and can now eat strawberries and raspberries whole and raw, so will definintely give this ago! x

Any chance of the recipe for your tofu dish, please. Always looking for new veggie ideas for OH - he must get totally sick of my curries, spag bol and chilli - and mostly with quorn!

A triathlon - you are watching too much Davina and starting to think that all this exercise is fun....pack it in!!! ;)

No problem, will post in recipe section later today for you.

I know, I think I am losing my mind - clearly how I imagine myself is someway far from reality!!! I think I might need professional help as was talking to mum about doing the London Marathon in a couple of years - total madness!!!

Have bought some new fitness dvds (its payday), not sure why or when I will get to try them out but they were on offer and clearly thats my justification!!! - Kate Lawlers Cardio Combat, 10 min solution Kickbox Bootcamp (I love boxercise hence why these two) and Pump it Up - if one arrives before the weekend will give one a go Sunday morning!

Ive posted the tofu recipe. x

Not long back from my 4 mile walk - 59 minutes - pleased with that

Right, I'm off to buy a stock of raspberries! Good job I love them - thanks for the tip! x

p.s. Given the dog tripe again and he's loving it:eek: I'm finding the stink a bit hard to handle though.

Phew!! Stinking stuff!! But at least he's eating again thats the main thing!

Lost 1lb this week really pleased, didn't think I would get anything better than a STS after my binge on Tuesday, so very happy!

well done! a pound off is fantastic - SW is really working for you isnt it :D brill stuff!

hope you have a good day today - almost the weekend now! xxx

Yes it seems to be, down 5.5lbs since I started SW and thats more than I lost the previous 6 months on WW, WW is great for some people and was for me 7 years ago when i first tried it, now it seems my body prefers SW!

Did Kates CardioCombat dvd this morning - boy its really tough, but feel like ive done some good!! Got to do my 14 mile walk tomorrow!

Make the most gorgeous syn free pancakes for my breakfast this morning with chopped banana, yoghurt and 1 teaspoon honey - totally scrummy!!

they sound really nice.. although i hate pancakes! Every year i drool listening to everyone go on about them, then i'll try them and i hate them haha :p

hope you're having a nice weekend.. do you get bank holiday off? x

Hey Lydia wow well done I cant believe you are going for a 14 mile walk.. I can barely do 2 miles!!! Enjoy x

Yes I get bank holidays off, not sure I would entertain a job that didn't allow bank holidays LOL!!

Did my 14 miler today, well to be precise 14.09 miles, did it in 4 hrs 27 mins not a brilliant time, roughly abouty 3.15 mph pace, but we wanted a steady pace, we only had to stop for essential toilet break and was able to keep up that pace for the whole 14.09 miles!!

Pretty tired now, just waiting for my huge pile of slimming world chips to cook - gotta have chips!!

you too hun x

mmmmm chips sound lovely! :D hope you enjoyed them!

well done on your walk, that sounds pretty fantastic to me! :D x

Thanks sweetie x

morning Lyd, have you been on your exercise dvd this morning? :D hope your day back at work goes smoothly.. one thing about working weekends and bank holidays means i never get that feeling of "i dont want to go back to work" as i haven't really left LOL :p xxx

LOL!!! No I didn't do my dvd this morning, thought I would have a rest day today and then do it tomorrow, I'm really loving th Cardio Combat so going to do that again tomorrow!

Blimey - 14miles on a bank holiday. Great determination.

Syn free pancakes sound lovely - how do you make them - not that I can have them for free, but just curious!

We should trade some dvds at some point when we get bored with the ones we have.

Going to check out the cardio combat....does it make you sweat?

Back