Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Just got back from another meal out tonight. Didn't do too badly - turned down desert but still drank too much!

Just got back from another meal out tonight. Didn't do too badly - turned down desert but still drank too much!
At least you choose one bad thing, and didn't have both :)

Having a few extra drinks is what holidays are about. Enjoy

Morning. Well it's morning here and noon there! I've been up since 5.30. I think I've adapted to the time difference, I'm just used to getting up at 5 for work. We're going into Philadelphia today to see the historical sights. (My sister lives in a place called Berwyn which is a few miles out.) Will be having a shake for breakfast. Not sure about lunch, then will have whatever everyone else is having for my evening meal.

Have a great day!

Enjoy ur holiday :)

Had a lovely day yesterday. Visited Independence House in Philadelphia and then went out for a meal at night. Have had a cosmopolitan and wine last 2 nights. I'm not even thinking about how much weight I will have gained! Going to the beach at Jersey Shore today. Will have to do 55 squats for my 30 day Squat Challenge first!

I'm glad ur having a fab time time Lynne, I need a holiday too!

Sounds like yr having a wonderful hol hon and I wouldnt worry bout the weight too much as u know once yr back give it a week or 2 and u will be back to pre hol weight.
Im not even away and have probably had more than u at home today as had a bbq with family and friends lol.
So whats with this squat challenge thing? Do u do them everyday but increase as u go??
Xx

I'm also doing the squat challenge - feel the burn :). I'm on the same day as you Lynne, great for being able to do anywhere!

slim just google it! X

Also, I've put a challenge up. I thought it was easy but the front of my thighs are certainly feeling it!

Nat - you start off doing 50 squats on day one and then increase by 5 a day. So tomorrow I'll be on day 3 and up to 60 squats.

That sounds hard and painful! Enjoy your holiday

Day at the beach yesterday and it was perfect. Got a little bit burnt but it will soon go brown. We bought sandwiches on the way and I had just unwrapped mine when a seagull attacked and literally landed on my knee! It did't get my sandwich though as I was so shocked, my panic frightened it off! After that it kept stalking me, sitting on the sand a few feet away throughout the time I was eating - I was keeping my sandwich covered by the paper throughout this time too! Didn't do too well yesterday foodwise as I also had a boiled egg, toast and jam, a milk shake. chicken and beans, a beer and 3 glasses of wine in addition to the sandwich. Still doing the 30 day squat challenge - have to do 60 squats today - it's certainly affecting the fronts of my thighs. Am also adding a 7 day challenge to do 50 crunches a day and will do the plank - but I'm useless at those. Lazy day today as my sister is working.

Seagulls are ruthless eh ?
One if my friends got attacked by one years ago. He ended up having to get 2 stitches on his face because if it !!

I love the idea if doing the squat and sit ups challenges on your holiday. :D
Definitely worth thinking about. I think I may do that too :)

It is a good idea and doesn't take up too much time. I know I'll have put a significant amount of weight back on when I get back but hopefully this will make it a little less!

Lynne you're on holiday, you're supposed to eat a little nice/different food. Most people here have had holidays and managed to blast it off within a week or 2 back on it.

Well done on the exercises - I'm going to vary my leg challenge by adding some lunges etc. Theres another 30 day leg one somewhere that sounded a little better by covering more muscle groups. I tend to bulk up a little easy on my legs otherwise. Think I will follow your lead by adding crunches as well as the plank. I'm starting to feel better for it too x

Last edited:
50 crunches, 60 squats and 30 second plank completed.

Mmm well ive been testing put this squat and plank thing these past 3 days and am embarrassed to say started off very badly but am now upto 50 squats and 50 secs on plank. Have done this twice today so will see what I can manage tomorrow lol

Am trying to get myself ready for going back to the gym soon.

Sounds like yr having a fab hol lynne and its ok to have some different food u wouldnt normally have on plan and like plym said give it a week or so and u will have lost any gain anyway so go have fun xx

Back