Mamma Caz Discover Diary

Mamma_caz

Have a serene day!!
Well I have done it, I joined online and am going to aim for an initial loss of 50lbs.

I have tried SW couldn't get on with it, lost 4stone on CD 2 years ago and put it all back on, I have obviously got other issues.

I love this site and I will need all the help I can get as I have never even attempted WW before.

As 'Pretty Woman' says "If I forget to say it later, thank you"

xxx:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Well Monday as come, and although I lapsed last night I have been good and I will find out tonight how much I weigh. I signed up on Friday and will weigh on Mondays so I am not expecting to have lost anything.

I stumbled across a great soup recipe which I made for everyone and it was lovely.

600g Carrots grated
140g Lentils
125ml Milk (I substituted Light Coconut Milk as I don't do dairy)
2 tsps cummin seeds
pinch of chilli flakes
salt and pepper to suit
1 lt of vegetable stock (I used a buillion cube)

Put everything together in a saucepan bring to boil and simmer for 15mins or until the lentils have thickened. Blitz in liquidiser or handheld smoothy mixer. Serves 4 total per recipe 10 points (using coconut milk).

It was so filling I didn't need anything else until my normal meal in the evening and at only 2.5points for the meal what more can you ask?

I am going to try it with a mixture of Parsnips and carrots and perhaps add a small amount of curry powder I will let you know how it turns out.

Welcome and good luck! xx

Well weighed myself with some trepidation last night, and was pleasantly surprised.

When I logged onto the website I made the assumption that I was the same weight as I had been when I joined SW last April, but I actually was 2.5lbs lighter so I was well pleased.

I am taking it one day at a time and trying not to make it such a big deal (worrying about what I eat).

So on to next Monday evening whoooop!!!!!!

Well weighed myself with some trepidation last night, and was pleasantly surprised.

When I logged onto the website I made the assumption that I was the same weight as I had been when I joined SW last April, but I actually was 2.5lbs lighter so I was well pleased.

I am taking it one day at a time and trying not to make it such a big deal (worrying about what I eat).

So on to next Monday evening whoooop!!!!!!

You have a great attitude! And its FAB that you are lighter than you thought!xx

What a good start! :)

I'm the same as you - I did CD and put most of weight back on, so here I am.

Will definitely try that soup receipe, looks gorgeous! Anything with coconut milk in gets me every time!

Good luck!

xxx

from what i've seen cd does work in loosing weight but soon as people stop it , its like woohoo i can eat again,and pile it back on. i take my hat off to anyone who can do cd or other food replacement diets cos i dont think i could but i'm also sceptical if you actually learn portion control etc from it like you do with sw or ww.
just an opinion

Hiya folks,

Thanks for your support much appreciated.

I did the 790 on CD which was 3 shakes and an evening meal, I had no problems on it at all, but the main problem is that it doesn't train you in any way. My friend is a consultant and she is amazing she has managed to keep off 2 of the 3 stone she lost and still looks great, but I went on a camping holiday and I just relaxed into my old habits, I need to be trained.

We all know what we should and shouldn't eat or what puts on the inches, I find that if I don't eat dairy and yeast then I feel so much better, and also keep away from the chinese takeaways as the MSG that they put in them makes me feel soooooo Hungry for at least 4 days afterwards that I found I was bindging just to stop the pangs.

I just want to be able to eat what I like without the guilt that goes with, (I suspect that is what everyone wants).

I have to admit that I have steered clear of WW from the first time I joined a slimming club back in the 80s they were so 'Us and Them' that it made me think (stupidly) that WW were to be queried on everything, and I suspect that my dogma has caused me to overlook what is a very sensible diet, especially in comparison to SW.

There were lots of ladies from WW that moved to SW and were getting on better with SW than before which is great but over a period of 3 months I lost half a stone and for the last 8 weeks that I was there I lost nothing and this was despite nordic walking 3 miles daily and following the Red and Greens to the letter. So SW did not suit, but I believe that WW is going to be the way. Am I imagining that it is much more relaxed the website isn't soap boxey in anyway which is really refreshing, and sooooooo easy to use, SW was illogical.

Anyway I am now going to have a play with my points for the day and see what I can come up with.

Hi Carolyn
Welcome to this site - you will get all the support you need. I think WW is a very sensible system that fits in with normal life.I respect all other diets but WW seems to me to be the easiest to follow long term.
Best of luck!

Back