Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

100% day yesterday and glad I got to go to the gym as I haven't been able to today. Although to be honest it does seem like I've been as I've been cleaning the whole kitchen top to bottom (tiles, microwave, stove, cupboards, doors, skirting boards) then did the vacuum of the whole house, cleaned the toilets, cleaned my wardrobe (took out the stuff to give to charity), vacuum again after kids messed up the living room. Haven't stopped and now I'm standing up in the kitchen typing on the laptop as I'm cooking dinner (SIL is coming back from London tonight, thus no help). Don't know what energy I've had since morning, but wish I could be as productive as this every day!!

Also found some shoe inserts which my SIL gave me a few years back which say that they make you grow at least 3 inches, so let's see if they work??? They are called Yoko Height.

Having a Green Day today-

Breakfast- Pear, Kiwi, Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- BNS soup, Spinach and Quark on 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB)
Snack- Mini Twister (3.5 syns), Green Lemon Tea, clementine
Dinner- Mushrooms with Noodles
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Loads of housework

100% day yesterday and glad I got to go to the gym as I haven't been able to today. Although to be honest it does seem like I've been as I've been cleaning the whole kitchen top to bottom (tiles, microwave, stove, cupboards, doors, skirting boards) then did the vacuum of the whole house, cleaned the toilets, cleaned my wardrobe (took out the stuff to give to charity), vacuum again after kids messed up the living room. Haven't stopped and now I'm standing up in the kitchen typing on the laptop as I'm cooking dinner (SIL is coming back from London tonight, thus no help). Don't know what energy I've had since morning, but wish I could be as productive as this every day!!

Also found some shoe inserts which my SIL gave me a few years back which say that they make you grow at least 3 inches, so let's see if they work??? They are called Yoko Height.

Having a Green Day today-

Breakfast- Pear, Kiwi, Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- BNS soup, Spinach and Quark on 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB)
Snack- Mini Twister (3.5 syns), Green Lemon Tea, clementine
Dinner- Mushrooms with Noodles
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)

Exercise: Loads of housework

Blimey, I have to take my hat off to you hun, you have it all going on in your house!! Looking after a family with 3 kiddywinkles must be crazy busy!! So all praise to you for having the discipline to get to that gym when you can and to find time not to mention the energy to organise and plan properly!! You put me to shame when I have lazy days (like today!!)XXX

It's actually looking after 8 people in this house (including myself) remember that SIL, her husband and little one also live with us!!!
SIL does do her fair share though. I have to praise myself and say I've actually always been quite good with time management (even when I was in a full time job), the motivation and push to get it done...now that's varies from day to day. That's why I go to the gym as well...it gives me more energy afterwards :)

Tonight...like last Sunday....SIL's husband brought some more jalebi. Just had one and not touching any more. Tomorrow is WI day and don't want to ruin it.

It's actually looking after 8 people in this house (including myself) remember that SIL, her husband and little one also live with us!!!
SIL does do her fair share though. I have to praise myself and say I've actually always been quite good with time management (even when I was in a full time job), the motivation and push to get it done...now that's varies from day to day. That's why I go to the gym as well...it gives me more energy afterwards :)

Tonight...like last Sunday....SIL's husband brought some more jalebi. Just had one and not touching any more. Tomorrow is WI day and don't want to ruin it.

Well even more hats taken off to you in that case!! Top hats, berets, bowler hats, jester hats, wooly hats, beanies, hunting hats, baseball caps, flat caps, riding hats, wedding hats, chefs hats, straw hats, cork hats, witches hats, the list goes on......X

hanna-hats.jpg
images
images
images

images
images
images

images
images
images
aussie-cork-australian-hat.jpg

images
images
images
images

Last edited:
LOL Funcurls :) Didn't expect all those hats this morning!
PS- I have one similar to the khaki Green color with the flower on it, but mine is multi colored.

Survived yesterday with only 1 jalebi (there is still half a box left of them), but I will resist. Thing is everytime something good happens they bring Jalebi or Mithai (asian sweets), so lately we've been getting good news (SIL's husband got a job, then his sister had a baby this past weekend). Guess I should be thankful that good things are happening, but can't we celebrate with a basket of fruit ????

House is so nice and clean...makes me happy walking into every room and feel nice and relaxed. Let's see how long it stays that way.

Going off to the gym today after having some quick breakfast. WI results later today...want any type of loss!!!

Green Day-

Breakfast- Clementine, Huge Pear
Lunch- BNS Soup, 2 egg omelette with onions, peppers, wilted spinach and 1 Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Mini Twister (3.5 syns)
Dinner- Quorn Sausages, Baked Beans and SW Chips and 1 Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea

Water- 1.5 litres
Exercise: Going to the Gym now....had about an hour workout (20 mins jogging, 15 mins cross trainer, 3 mins rower, 10 mins bike and weights_

Last edited:
Ha I had fun doing that!!! Isn't it lovely to have a nice clean house!! I just can't live in mess and knowing everything needs a good dust/hoover!! I'm a bit of a cleaning freak, but unfortunately live with a total counterforce that tests my patience everyday where mess is concerned!! If I had my way everything would be minimalist but we just don't live that kind of lifestyle, we have too much 'stuff' and there's only 2 of us!! I cannot imagine what you're up against with 8!! Dare I say it, I take my hat off to you.....
images
OK OK that's just going a step too far lol!!

Wow that is great news about the job and also the arrival of his niece!! Nice to hear about good news happening- I'm fed up of hearing about the bad!! Hoping it's good news for both of us at the scales today Meli!! I can't see how I could have lost after the second half of the week! Good luck!X

I actually got rid of 3 bin bags full of clothes and donated it to charity and still have loads to give away in the loft. Getting rid of all those clothes made me feel so relieved :) Maybe you need a winter cleanup. I'm sure you have loads of clothes that no longer fit you...why not sell them or give them away.

Thanks again for another lovely hat and good luck for WI...just think no matter what comes from it you can turn it around.:D

WI results: Lost 3.5lbs ;)

Really happy and had 2 jalebi pieces to celebrate (will burn them off tomorrow) :wave_cry:

Got my 4 stone sticker back finally!

Loss the last 4 weeks: 10.5lbs.

....and I had a Creme Egg to celebrate my 2lb loss!!! Yayyy!! Very very very well done on yet another amazing loss! It's fantastic!! Here's another hat for you in celebration........
images
XXX

Thanks girls - was really happy to see the loss on the scales...can't wait to get under the 11 stone mark again :)
Funcurls: Well done on the loss!!!! So happy for you - that much closer now to your target....keep up the body optimising and you will get there soon!

Had a busy day today...went out shopping and found some really good deals, then hit the gym (30 mins on the treadmill, 15mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike, 3 mins rower and weights)---got red like a tomatoe, but really enjoyed the workout today. A lady next to me on the treadmill (which I see quite often running on the treadmill mentioned how well I was doing and she said to just pause for a few seconds and have a drink and then continue jogging, so I did that and maybe that's why I managed to jog a bit longer today).

Jalebi's are all gone, but some creme eggs are also about here in our house, but hoping they will finish soon (and not by me)....

Green Day
Breakfast- banana, BNS soup (I know it's weird to have this in the morning but felt like adding some superfree before my gym session)
Lunch- Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, SW Chips
Snack- Clementine, Green Lemon tea and 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) at a friends house
Dinner- Low Fat SuperNoodles, 5 tablespoons of rice my SIL made (it was delicious- could have had the whole lot, but stopped at 5 spoons) (maybe 3 syns quite oily??)
Snack- Green Lemon Tea and Alpen Light (.5HEB), Shapes Yogurt, Mini Twister (3.5 syns)

**missing a HEB today...couldn't fit it in
Exercise: over an hour at the gym

100% day yesterday :D
Fresh new batch of soup cooking, have made the rest of the families meal for tonight, so have a lot of time to spare today. Going off to the gym in a few mins...

A big topic at Monday's SW class was about people who were following to plan, but not losing. When asked about what they were doing...red or green's there was a varied response, but one thing we determined from hearing the responses was that they were not drinking enough water and weren't getting enough superfree food in (example for the people who were following green days they were just having the pasta, potatoes, rice, eggs, cereals, lentils, etc, but no fruits or veg in with it). I don't think I have that problem as I try to get the veg soup in and have enough fruit every week. I know I can work on the water bit as I try to aim for the 1.5 litres, but know I probably don't get it in every day.

Anyways...having a green day today

Breakfast- Clementine and Kiwi (hitting the gym, thus the light breakfast), Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- BNS soup (with celery, carrots, onion, BNS, cinnamon, chilli and a OXO veg cube), 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Spinach and Quark dip
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, blueberries (SS)
Dinner- Quorn Sausages, Mushrooms and AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn)
Snack- Alpen lights are finished :( Need to find where they are on offer. 42g Allbran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea before going to bed

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: aiming for 1 hour at the gym ** EDITED: 30 mins treadmill, 15 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike, 3 mins rower and weights!

**Not many syns as we have a dinner on Saturday, so want to save some up...

Last edited:
100% day yesterday :D
Fresh new batch of soup cooking, have made the rest of the families meal for tonight, so have a lot of time to spare today. Going off to the gym in a few mins...

A big topic at Monday's SW class was about people who were following to plan, but not losing. When asked about what they were doing...red or green's there was a varied response, but one thing we determined from hearing the responses was that they were not drinking enough water and weren't getting enough superfree food in (example for the people who were following green days they were just having the pasta, potatoes, rice, eggs, cereals, lentils, etc, but no fruits or veg in with it). I don't think I have that problem as I try to get the veg soup in and have enough fruit every week. I know I can work on the water bit as I try to aim for the 1.5 litres, but know I probably don't get it in every day.

Anyways...having a green day today

Breakfast- Clementine and Kiwi (hitting the gym, thus the light breakfast), Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- BNS soup (with celery, carrots, onion, BNS, cinnamon, chilli and a OXO veg cube), 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Spinach and Quark dip
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, blueberries (SS)
Dinner- Quorn Sausages, Mushrooms and AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn)
Snack- Alpen lights are finished :( Need to find where they are on offer. 42g Allbran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea before going to bed

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: aiming for 1 hour at the gym

**Not many syns as we have a dinner on Saturday, so want to save some up...

Kiwi fruit must be the fruit of the day! I've just had a kiwi and a pear as about to embark on Davina DVD!! Will then just have a nice filling lunch!!X

Love kiwis and just bought them to vary my fruit intake a bit. Also had a pomegranite last night as a snack- that was delicious!
Funcurls will check your diary to see how Davina went.
I went off to the gym this morning and had a really good workout- 26 mins treadmill, 20 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike, 3 mins rower and weights. It's a good thing because wasn't too good later on today (had 3 fish fingers the kids left)- not sure how many syns that would be as they were fried in oil instead of grilled :cry::cry::cry:
Anyways going to be good the rest of the day.

Red Day today-
Breakfast started out well- banana, kiwi, pear
Lunch- nothing...this was probably what made me go for the fish fingers...bad me!
Snack (when kids got home)- Shapes yogurt, 3 fish fingers (syns anyone???), 2 clementines
Dinner- BNS soup, Big piece of Grilled Fish (with chilli, lemon juice, tumeric), 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB)with 2 laughing cow cheese and cracked pepper
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Green Lemon tea, blueberries

Exercise- about 1 hour and 15 mins today ;)

Stuck to plan for the rest of the day yesterday (despite the blip with the fish fingers). Today has been a 100% day :) Tomorrow going out to a friends house for dinner, but have a feeling food will all be full fat, so taking something with me (just in case).

Got to go to the gym today and did 30 mins jogging, 10 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike, 3 mins rower and weights. Found it really hard today, but wanted to burn those fish fingers :)

Green Day today

Breakfast- Grand Conference Pear, Kiwi
Green Lemon Tea
Lunch (after gym)- Fried Egg, baked beans and 1 WM Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 2 clementines, Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner- BNS soup, 2 quorn sausages with fried mushrooms, 6 tablespoons of rice I made for the rest of the family (with chickpeas and peas- maybe 5 syns for the oil??)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk(HEA) this should keep me full before going to bed

Water: already have had 1.5 litres, hoping to get to 2 litres today :)
Exercise: about an hour and 15 mins at the gym :)

Back