Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

I'm going to a leaving do on friday in town! Going into town after work thurs to find something new to wear!! There will be lots of new stuff in the shops since I last went in! Can you recommend any shops that have fab stuff at the moment? I'm normally a DP, New Look, H&M, Debenhams kind of girl and very open to suggestions!XXX

I love style and love looking at new trends (lace material is coming back in style), but recently the only thing I bought was that nice black sparkly jacket that I wore to my friends house the other day and that was just a deal I got during Christmas. Normally my parents and sis bring me a suitcase full of clothes from the US and I just buy the odd shirt or accessory to go with it. Can't wait until I get to my target and then really think I'll be following the fashion. At the moment don't think it's worth spending all the money if I already have clothes and plus what's the point spending money if (I'm hoping) they won't fit me after a few months. I typed in "going out outfits" in google and found some nice things, but not sure if it's your type of thing (one of them was a college website with 5 different outfits-need to find the site for you). We're both in that middle age group and don't know if you feel that way, but sometimes I think should I really be wearing this ???
Sorry can't help much, but trying to avoid the shops these days as it will just tempt me to buy more things :) Let me know what you find!

Meli - your friend sounded almost nice, was she, or do you think she offered you the top thinking it would embarrass you cos it didn't fit

you are so positive about yourself, it is lovely to read, i think you should print that post off and read it if you ever feel down because not only are you hot to trot but you are completely in control!

ps how nice to think hubby wants hot pic of you!

You know the problem with my friend is that she is too honest. Some things friends just keep inside, but she just says everything good or bad (we've been friends for 12 years). About the shirt, not sure why she even bought it as she doesn't really have a stomach, but she said it made her have one...don't know...maybe she expected me to say "you don't have a stomach"??? I don't know, anyways an extra top for my wardrobe :)

About the postivity...I have my ups and downs, but generally I'm a positive, happy go lucky type of person ;)
This is what I love about writing a diary is when the times go bad at least I can go back and see everyones posts and mine and try to get some of that positive energy back.

OH keeps bragging to everyone about me and he'll probably show his workmates my pic and tell them about how much weight I've lost. Think it makes him feel proud.

Woohoo, you are sounding confident and full of self-belief - you go girl :)

Thanks (read on) :) Btw, how was your weekend away???
Hit the gym today after a bad night yesterday. OH and his BIL went to get some jalebi....and goodness after such a good week I couldn't resist having some (they are my favorite and so nice and crispy where we get them from)....they are full of sugar so first thing I did this morning is hit the gym in hope to burn those calories off me!!! Let's see if the scales will be good with me today, but I'll be happy with an STS (as I think * week is on it's way any day now).

My foot seems to be better (maybe it was a pulled muscle or something), so went to the gym and did 20 mins jogging, 25 mins crosstrainer (had to drain those jalebi out of me) , 10 mins bike and weights. A good workout...lots of sweat, but now at home and had a nice bath and feeling full of energy...I need it as I'm looking after my nephew today!!!

Having a Green Day today-

Brunch- 2 egg omelette with onions, peppers and fried mushrooms on the side, 1 piece of Warburton WM bread (.5 HEB)
Snack- Shapes yogurt with blueberries (SS)
Dinner (after WI)- Kichiree (mung dhal with rice) and Raita (yogurt with tomatoe, cucumber, onion and adding some chopped carrots) and Corn on the Cob on the side
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon tea, Melon (SS)
Need to see if I feel hungry and add another .5HEB and some syns later tonight.

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Over an hour at the gym:cool:

You are doing so well at the gym - I need to get back there but my leg still isn't right and to be honest I'm a bit put off by the fact it's likely to be really busy so early in the year... Excuses excuses...

My weekend was fab thank you! led to a 3lb gain this morning though - BOOO. I deserved a little gain, but not 3lbs :( Anyhow, back on plan today, going to try really hard to get rid of the 3lb by next Monday!

I love style and love looking at new trends (lace material is coming back in style), but recently the only thing I bought was that nice black sparkly jacket that I wore to my friends house the other day and that was just a deal I got during Christmas. Normally my parents and sis bring me a suitcase full of clothes from the US and I just buy the odd shirt or accessory to go with it. Can't wait until I get to my target and then really think I'll be following the fashion. At the moment don't think it's worth spending all the money if I already have clothes and plus what's the point spending money if (I'm hoping) they won't fit me after a few months. I typed in "going out outfits" in google and found some nice things, but not sure if it's your type of thing (one of them was a college website with 5 different outfits-need to find the site for you). We're both in that middle age group and don't know if you feel that way, but sometimes I think should I really be wearing this ???
Sorry can't help much, but trying to avoid the shops these days as it will just tempt me to buy more things :) Let me know what you find!

It's OK hun, it's not like I have a problem finding things I like hehe, I LOOOOVVVE clothes!! Just wondered if you've seen any shops with lovely things in this season!! I haven't been into town for a while- I live out in the sticks so tend to save up my clothes shopping visits and buy a few things at once when I'm in one of those moods!! Not that I can afford it!!! I'm looking forward to having a little lookie on Thurs!! I usually find fab things in H&M and I have £60 of Next vouchers to spend from Chrimbo!!

WI results: Gained 1 lb. Have to say I'm a bit disappointed, but at the same time wasn't a saint yesterday and * week is lurking. Will get it off next week without a doubt :)

Oh hunny, I am disappointed for you!! When you do all that exercise and have all those 100% days, including the meal with friends where you took your own food you expect to be rewarded for it!! But fear not!! As we both know it's not about one week!! This is probably all down to a combination of *week and also muscle from all the exercise! The main thing is you feel fab and are getting slimmer and shaping up from the exercise! Besides, next week will be a good one and you had a fab one last week so happy days!!XXXX

You are right Meli, it will come off with bells on next week, don't let a teeny gain get you down.

Funcurls - I bought some lovely dresses in Dotty P's at the weekend, might be worth a look :)

I'm over the gain and off to do some Zumba this morning :) I'll show them scales next week!

Green Day today:

Breakfast (after Zumba)- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and a pear
Lunch- 2 egg omelette with onions, pepper and side mushrooms and 1 slice of Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and blueberries (SS)
Dinner- Making a fresh batch of BNS soup today, Quorn Sausages with Refried Beans
Snack-Melon (SS), 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)with Green Lemon Tea (have a lot of wind so have to cut down on these Alpen's a bit), Mini Twister(4 syns?)
Let's see if I need some more syns tonight.....

Exercise: Zumba 1 hour
EDITED: Did the 1 hour of Zumba, but was not satisfied with the workout (old teacher still away and didn't break much of a sweat, so headed to the machines after class and did 10 mins jogging, 10 mins bike and 15 mins crosstrainer).
* week has arrived...knew it was near!

Last edited:
I'm over the gain and off to do some Zumba this morning :) I'll show them scales next week!

Green Day today:

Breakfast (after Zumba)- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) and a pear

Lunch- 2 egg omelette with onions, pepper and side mushrooms and 1 slice of Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and blueberries (SS)
Dinner- Making a fresh batch of BNS soup today, Quorn Sausages with Refried Beans
Snack-Melon (SS), 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)with Green Lemon Tea (have a lot of wind so have to cut down on these Alpen's a bit), Mini Milk (1 syn)
Let's see if I need some more syns tonight.....

Exercise: Zumba 1 hour
EDITED: Did the 1 hour of Zumba, but was not satisfied with the workout (old teacher still away and didn't break much of a sweat, so headed to the machines after class and did 10 mins jogging, 10 mins bike and 15 mins crosstrainer).
* week has arrived...knew it was near!

Good for you chick!X

100% day yesterday and fridge, cupboards and baskets all with SW friendly food so no excuses not to be on plan. There is still a box of Heroes the kids opened yesterday (leftover from Xmas), but it's not calling my name and if it is I'm ignoring it.

Green Day today-

Breakfast- kiwi, clementine and pear
Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- Vegetable Soup, 6 Ryvita Crackerbread (HEB) with Chickpea dip
Snack- Shapes yogurt, Melon (SS)
Dinner- Stuffed Baked Potatoe with tomatoes, onions and cheese(HEA), Fried Mushrooms on the side and Baked Beans
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Mini Twister (think they are 3 or 4 syns)

Exercise: May go to gym...feel a bit wierd jogging during * week, so may just go for the bike and cross trainer today.

Managed to stay away from the chocolates and only a few left now, so I'm sure kids will finish it up today. Another good day yesterday, but didn't get to make it to the gym and today will only get to go if OH babysits tonight (so we'll see).

Going to a friends house today, but asked her not to make lunch...just having tea there, so should be okay today. Need to be extra good as we may be going to London for the weekend for a family event (engagement type ceremony).....my life is always on the go :)

Green Day today:

Breakfast- banana, pear, kiwi
Lunch- Vegetable Soup and 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB)with Spinach and Quark spread
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and apple
Dinner- Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms and SW Chips
Snack- Melon (SS), Green Lemon Tea with 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Mini Twister (3.5 syns)

Water: Need to work on this...not drinking much these past few days.
1.5 litre
Exercise: ???

Despite staying away from the Heroes, while making the kids some Nutella sandwiches when they came back from school I had one myself with white bread and 2 tablespoons more. Also finished a full pot of Onken Vanilla yogurt (syn free, but still felt bad about finishing the whole thing). Naughty me :cry:

Oh well, a new start today and think I should be okay on the weekend (as OH is not feeling too well, so don't think we'll be going after all to London).

Red day today:

Breakfast- Lots of pineapple
Lunch- Crabsticks and 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB) with 2 Laughing Cow Cheese with Fresh Black Pepper
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and Melon (SS)
Dinner- Fresh Batch of BNS Soup, Grilled Pangasius with Mushrooms
Snack- 42g All Bran(HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea, Mini Twister (3.5 syns?)

Water: Didn't drink the 1.5 litres yesterday, so again need to try harder with this
Exercise: Going to the Gym today...no matter what...will update later. EDITED: Went to the gym and did 20 mins jogging, 15 mins cross trainer, 15 mins bike and weights

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words of support Meli! It means a lot! I feel very sad and numb today! As it happens we have a works do tonight for a colleage who has left!! Some people were in 2 minds about whether to cancel it, but most of us are in agreement that Louise was such a party girl that she would be horrified if we were cancelling it because of her!! No point whatsoever in staying at home and moping!! The atmosphere in work is going to be very somber for a good while so it will be healthy for people to let their hair down a bit! Don't panic about Nutella sandwich and Onken-gate! I'm sure they're not going to break the bank and you'll easily burn them off with a good gym session- that's what it's all about!! I had a bit of a blow out last night! We'd gone to the cinema with Dai's mum and stepdad- Dai's mum had a breast cancer op last week so we were taking them out to treat them! Whilst in the cinema an elderly lady (who by coincidence I happened to know) who was sitting by us had a funny turn and collapsed so I nursed her whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive and missed most of the film (some people are soooo inconsiderate lol!!) Then when we arrived at the restaurant the text came through from my friend to tell me Louise had passed away which was a massive shock!! So I had a blow-out on chips, garlic bread and a floater coffee (along with my fish soup, gambas, jacket potato and healthy salad!!) The additional naughty things were completely unplanned and a result of my mood!! So I just hope that it won't affect Monday's WI!! But I have the night out tonight (although driving!) and a 70th birthday party tomorrow, so I'm not going to delude myself that I'm due for a big loss but I'll just have to do my best!! Sorry to hear that you may be cancelling London!! Hope oh is feeling better soon and that it's nothing nasty!!X

Thanks for your kind words of support Meli! It means a lot! I feel very sad and numb today! As it happens we have a works do tonight for a colleage who has left!! Some people were in 2 minds about whether to cancel it, but most of us are in agreement that Louise was such a party girl that she would be horrified if we were cancelling it because of her!! No point whatsoever in staying at home and moping!! The atmosphere in work is going to be very somber for a good while so it will be healthy for people to let their hair down a bit! Don't panic about Nutella sandwich and Onken-gate! I'm sure they're not going to break the bank and you'll easily burn them off with a good gym session- that's what it's all about!! I had a bit of a blow out last night! We'd gone to the cinema with Dai's mum and stepdad- Dai's mum had a breast cancer op last week so we were taking them out to treat them! Whilst in the cinema an elderly lady (who by coincidence I happened to know) who was sitting by us had a funny turn and collapsed so I nursed her whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive and missed most of the film (some people are soooo inconsiderate lol!!) Then when we arrived at the restaurant the text came through from my friend to tell me Louise had passed away which was a massive shock!! So I had a blow-out on chips, garlic bread and a floater coffee (along with my fish soup, gambas, jacket potato and healthy salad!!) The additional naughty things were completely unplanned and a result of my mood!! So I just hope that it won't affect Monday's WI!! But I have the night out tonight (although driving!) and a 70th birthday party tomorrow, so I'm not going to delude myself that I'm due for a big loss but I'll just have to do my best!! Sorry to hear that you may be cancelling London!! Hope oh is feeling better soon and that it's nothing nasty!!X

Gosh what a day with the lady at the cinema and then the bad news about your friend! I can imagine how you felt last night without her presence, but like you said I'm sure she would have liked the show to go on.

Don't worry too much about being off plan this weekend (it's all about that highway and getting there at the end that counts) and I know when you put your mind to it you go the full way to stay to plan. Okay so it will take a few more weeks, but at least you are enjoying on the way there.

Managed to get to the gym yesterday and also went today (did 25mins jogging, 15 mins crosstrainer, 10 mins bike and weights)-- kept pushing myself to do the extra 5 mins on the jogging- even though I was dripping sweat!!

The Nutella is all finished, so no more temptations. I just won't buy it again as it's not healthy for the kids either.
Yesterday was reading a book "Lorraine Kelly on looking great"- it's funny as when she talks about diet it's mostly what we are doing on SW, so we are on the right path. The book was okay, but didn't really learn anything new from it. Next book to finish is How to get a better behaved child in a week. That will be interesting. My oldest son is no problem, it's the 2 youngest ones who do my head in (3.5 and 5 years old) and in addition when my SIL's kid gets together with them (he's 2.5) it's manic!!!! From reading the first few pages, need to work on my anger when they don't listen. The book is interesting, but let's see if any of the techniques will work.

Had a strange day today as it's been neither green nor red.....

Breakfast- Pineapple, kiwi, pear
Lunch- BNS soup, 6 WG Ryvita (HEB) with 2 Laughing Cow Cheese (HEA)
Snack- Mini Twister (3.5 syns), Melon (SS), 2 clementines
Dinner- Egg, Mushrooms, 3 Quorn Sausages with some ketchup (1 syn)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 2 Alpen Light (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Exercise: 1 hour at the gym

***- Got a call from my C as I was leaving the Gym...she is so sweet. She was just calling to make sure that my week was going okay after last week's gain. I told her I was just coming out of the gym, so she said so you must be on the right track....sure hope so...fingers crossed for Monday!

Back