meowws diary..

I would dream of eating then panicking because I'd forgotten I wasn't supposed to rather than just saying sod it!

ooh its weird today! Im not hungry and feel better! Had some delicious coffee and the water is going down nicely, but im busy texting people and reading loads of articles and writing on here and still not had breakfast yet!

Just going to get it in a min. I've got some egg/ommlette packs to eat which im not too keen on..so thought well if its awful at least ive got 3 more for today to eat. might put some hot sauce in!

Yeah just ate it, was OK! Loads of pepper and some hot sauce might have helped! But nah it was good but yes real eggs probably better really but I would want them fried.. On toast with mushrooms and butter so I think the keeping away from real food is better for me

yes very true! I'm sure I will be doing things like that soon enough, this week I need to attend two birthday meals, will need to choose wisely off the menu!

Just feeling a bit bored now..
If I give myself too much to do then I'm more likely to want to eat but too little and I'm just extra bored..
I was going to go for a walk but its been chucking it down!

Tomorrow I deffo will, I haven't had much need to go to the shops but nearly ran out of washing machine liquid so great excuse! might go all out on other cleaning products and toiletries!

omg arggg the meal tomorrow venue has been decided..! I will post the link to their menu but please DO NOT READ if you're feeling weak and have extra weakness to greasy american food! MENUS - The Joint
so my best plan of action is a burger without the bun, the chicken is deep fried but they might have plain.. I'm sure they will be accommodating to fussyness
I could ask for extra salady bits, I wont be the first person in the world to want a burger without the bun now!

But..I'm just wondering if I should eat less packs through the day, maybe just have 1 or 2, I dunno, its so soon! If I was further into the diet then I know this would fill me up loads and I'd be fine but as its so early on I'm scared I turn into a food demon and just eat the entire table!

Yeah I think they'd do something different if I asked, I've been before and they let my friend make up her own kind of thing.
I do think I really fancy a burger with no bun extra salad, still going to have fat and calories but no carbs and I can stay in ketosis and do lots of Yoga the following morning to burn it off!

I think thats the plan..! oh and only 1 pack in the day and maybe one after if I need something sweet which I often do..

Oh I think I'm in Ketosis already btw, I've felt much more energised today and managed to do some yoga without feeling weak or dizzy! I still get a bit weak when running up the stairs (I live in a very tall house)

ooh yeah ! Gourmet Burger kitchen actually have it on the menu you get salad and coleslaw its great!
The plan might have changed now too! argh! I'll find something not too bad wherever I go I should think.

Just found some orange water flavouring powder from a previous order. I forgot I had it, its great for a different cold drink!

Reading about salt, I've been putting a fair bit in my meals and it's good, as we drink so much and the process of ketosis reduces salt in body. Something like that I read it just a min ago.

I think basically they assume most overweight/obese people have high salt diets already and there's not much talk about adding it, but when my weight last got quite low I actually got low blood pressure, I had not been getting enough salt for 3 months! It also helps keep water in and with cramps and I haven't had the horrible stomach pain yet! Or felt dizzy or had headaches

I think ketosis has set in but I'll see today.. Must resist urge to weigh myself ! I know there's no point it's just s load of water that's gone at the moment, I do feel a bit lighter just less bloated but of course

You're right on the salt. I don't add salt to anything, I only have salt in the house for when friends visit (you know theres always that one who covers everything in salt) and for when theres ice outside...and sometimes to deter slugs. I find that so many conventional food add enough salt as it is that I don't need anymore. However when I'm on a vlcd I really notice the drop in minerals (despite what the packs say about giving you all you need) so make sure I have a vitamin and mineral tablet with important salts like potassium and magnesium. If not I get the horrible cramps etc.

Great that youre possibly in ketosis :). If weighing will give you a boost then do it!

yeah I think some people may need to add salt. I added lots in day 1 then a bit yesterday and none in my last meal.
I was brought up very salt-free, dont even salt chips! But when I'm cooking my own food I do add it now, I think it depends how much food you make from scratch or how much you use pre-made things, even just sauces in jars and of course any takeaways or ready meals deffo wont need salt adding!

maybe it depends on blood pressure before starting too. Mines always been normal but it dropped into the low category previously and the chemist lady said, yep add some salt!

But yes I dont seem to have the crampy stomach yet, maybe it wont happen this time?!

I have resisted the scales! I think I will end up peeking before the month is up though..
I did measure my waist though which is apparently an inch or so smaller.. thatll be the water bloat, but my hips and legs are the same ( I mean really did I think they would magically shrink in 2 days lol) so that means even if I've lost 10lbs, I wont fit into any shorts better!

phew just had first meal of the day kinda..
Had a latte this morning oooh so naughty! I measured my milk and it was 140ml but this is full fat.. not skimmed! added it to the meal planner and its 92 cals so that was instead of a shake, took a multivit to make up for that area. Also the milk is going out of date today.. and I've not got any more so it might be black coffees and teas tomorrow!
And just now I've had some chicken soup, I needed some salt! Its mad I just convince myself every time I need a meal its my salt levels dropping and It possibly is.

I also feel full from the meals/soups like its all warm and filling, mental! I think when you have other people around to pity your tiny bowlful it feels worse than when you just actually listen to your body and not your mind.
but I was mixing up my soup ten mins ago thinking how I'm actually enjoying myself!

Tonight will be a test though, first taste of 'real food' so the venue has changed again and is currently an independent mexican which will be so lovely, and ive spotted a couple of 'superfood' salads, one with lots of beetroot and sweet potato so not an option, one with prawns and green stuff which might do, but im leaning to one that has plenty of ok veg but also quinoa, which ive checked and its not too bad carbs wise as its high protein, but it depends on the portion size.
Thought id get some coleslaw too as a treat, oh and you add chicken, mackerel or steak to the salad so chicken it is! (although mackerel is very tempting..but fatty!)
you might think, skip the slaw but it wont be heavy as its a nice place and my gosh I LOVE coleslaw!

waffle waffle waffle, I do go on, I dont expect anyone to be ars'd reading it all! heh

ooh scary new job starts next week, all confirmed! Hopefully I can sneak off to consume diet food without alarming new colleagues !

Thanks! :) its the reason I feel I can do this again, as my old job was fast paced, on my feet around food all the time -I worked in a small but busy cafe.

Back