Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Oh my goodness, what a crazy few days, girls. I have been glued to my TV watching the riots, I cannot believe what is happening and have just heard 30 kids have been arrested in my town for throwing bricks at cars down a street where my mate lives. Absolutely crazy. There was a rumour today that it was going to kick off, but not until Saturday. I went on my walk tonight and usually go round the racecourse but decided to bypass it tonight and apparently that's where they were all meeting! I hope everyone here is ok and you haven't been affected.

On a more positive note, I walked 6.13 miles in 1 hour 43 mins this evening and burnt 755 kcals! Soooo happy!

Kassy, how are you getting on with Dukan? Good I hope.

Katierose/stacy - how are you both doing?

Bin - well done on your loss - keep up the good work. Im feeling a lot better now thanks!

Shelski - have a great holiday and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back xxxx

Hey Bella! I know what you mean - lastnight I was watching BBC News for hours watching the rioting - and watching it again tonight - it really is simply shocking!! Mindless thugs they are! How crazy that it's now going on where you are! Hope you keep safe!

I am good though thanks :) Feeling a bit better today - even more so because I got a big sale at work all by myself! :D And I'm now off for 2 days, so that's fab! Long lie tomorrow!!! :bliss:

Well done you for that walk!! Very good :)

I haven't been to bad today food-wise. I had my usual cereal for breakfast, 1/2 a cereal bar at around 10.30, lunch was chicken with roasted red pepper houmous (reduced fat), and a wee packet of Frazzles, 1 beef burger for dinner on a roll (yum!!), and had a yoghurt afterwards. Have only drank around 750ml of water today though, so that wasn't quite as good as I have been doing. I did also do a few of the leg exercises at work today when I was bored!!! lol

Oh, and I found out that I have a place on a midwifery-related study day in Glasgow in September!! It's on Domestic Violence, and will look really good on my personal statement for uni :)

aaaaannnnndddd - LEE EVANS TOMORROW! I heard from someone who went to see him lastnight - and said he was amazing! Never laughed so much in his life :) So really can't wait now! xxx

Yeah, will keep safe. I think the police must have had a tip off because my mate said there were unmarked police cars everywhere and they were all there and had them arrested within minutes. Good work I say!

Glad you're ok and well done on your sale - great news! I haven't drank enough water today either which is bad especially with all the walking I did! Have been getting headaches for the last few days so definitely need to drink more of it from tomorrow.

Wow, what a great placement you have - you must be so happy. that's fantastic!

Enjoy Lee Evans tomorrow! xxx

Hello, I hope everyone is staying safe, I have been glued to the news as well, can not believe such mindless actions, people caught up in it must be terrified, I hope it all ends very soon.

Shelski I hope you have a great holiday.:)

Well done getting your placement Stacy it sounds really exciting, enjoy Lee Evans tonight I bet he is brilliant. :DI did some leg exercises today the heel raises are not hurting quite so much now!

Bella glad you are ok and wow well done with your walk bet you felt really good afterwards.:) Sounds like you are not drinking enough water especially with all the walking. Stay safe:)

Am off work today car has to go in garage, hubby stopped on a hill at roundabout and the handbrake cable snapped! so I will be walking everywhere today!:)

Hope everyone has a good day take care xx

Last edited:
Hiya girls

I was only a half day at work yesterday hence why I didnt get a chance to pop in to sey 'hey'. It was my Grandmas birthday so I had to go get her a pressy then me, my mam, my anuty and all my cousins went there for tea. Was great crack as aint seen them in ages. Was half good and half bad on my diet though - 3 chicken legs, some mini cocktail sausages (no carbs but a bit fatty), small piece of quiche (pastry removed). But then I had to have a tiny bit of my mams home mede lemon merraunge pie (just a tiny slither) and a small piece of birthday cake. So nt great but not good. I ent to the gym for 45 min when I got back though.

Bin - Hope your car gets sorted soon. But great - DEUVET DAY!!!!! hahahaha. Great newson the 1lb loss. Moving inthe right direction. Keep it up.

Bella - Bloody heck, can't believe that rioting has started near you. You be careful on ya walks missy. Get an alarm or summit or pop a stiletto under ya coat hehe. Our TV has broke (i think its the ariel) so we dont have TV downstairs at the mo so I aint seen much of the news, plus am never in. My mam was on about it though. Apaprently people are arrangeing to meet over the intrnet. She's hoping it dosent kick off in Newcastle on Saturday as my brother going to the Arsnel game. Apparently kids as young as 7 getting involved. Its terrible.

Stacey - Well done you on a good sale. Do you get commission? Hahahaha, I can just imagine you doing your leg exercises at work in the window or summit. Good on ya for staying motivated and fitting them in when you can. Love it! Eeeeeeeeeeee Lee Evans tonight you lucky thing. Tell us all about it tomorow. Try andremember some jokes too haha. Plus 2 days off. I'm jealous now. I would have given anything for a lay in this morning. Its lashing it down here. Gets me in a right fettle.

Shelski - I know you are pobally on the plane now but have a mint time and soak up them rays an speak to you soon.

Katierose - The good old VLCD. Well it worked a treat last time. Cant wait to hear your progress again and have our little chats. Have you spoke to Diva? She has been missing a few weeks :(

Well, my update on the Dukan.... I have to admit, I am not following it 100% I'd say I'm doing more Atkins. First off, I am using muller lighy yoghurts instead of plain 0% fat yoghurt and I biught wholmeal oats thinking they were the same as oat bran to put in the youghurt. Quite yummy though so just gonna use it up. I only use 2 teaspoons a day. And, I baught gammon, prok chops and hot dogs which I think are a no go on Dukan but they are 0 carb and high protien so am just not over eating them and still taking my Xenical off the doc. No nasty side effects so they musnt be that fatty. I'm gonna try and continue as I am (lemon miraunge and cake excluded haha) until Monday for a weigh in, see how I have done then maybe mix it up a bit with a bit fruit and vedge. It is a very boring diet to say the least. Good job Vod has no carbs as I plan on having a few of them but only on Saturday! Gonna aim to go to gym every day, except Friday as I wont have time as we are taking the kids to see Mr Poppers Penguines hehe. How will I resist the jelly sweets????? What low carb snack could I take?

Well, I have had my yoghurt and oats, so have got crab sticks and chicken legs to much on today thn tonight I dunno what to have - maybe turky omlette made with egg whites and some herbs? Who knows.

Well, better do some work.

Speak soon xxx

Hi Miss Kassy x
Just wrote a reply and lost it grrr :mad:..
So back to VLCD for me but I need to see results so of course I'll keep you updated :D:D
It s having friends like you on here that give me support that will keep me going xx I havent heard from Miss Diva but I have moved my diary to the Strugglers and Restarters forum as I thought it more appropriate for me :D
I did look at the Dukan diet and it may be something I do on the maintenance stages.. x You look like you ve had a gd week so cant wait to see your weigh in result
Hello to Bella x Well done on the walking, also hello to Bin, Shelski & Stacy Am looking forward to getting to know you all xx Speak soon ladies Hope everyone stays safe and has a good day :D:D

aaarrgggghhh, wht a day I am having. This low carb malarky dosent really suit me I have to say. I have been craving chocolate and stodge all day (I think its got summit to do with the fact that its almost the time of the month) but I seriously cant concerntrate on anything. I am already planning a secreat binge for when the Adonis is at football and I know its wrong but I cant wait. I know I'll feel crap but maybe then it will be out my system and I can start fresh tomorow. I feel so weak and tierd. My legs struggle to carry me. I mite have to give up on this low carb thing and do a bit of both - lower my carbs but have fruit and vedg, etc. Maybe not eat as many carbs as I was but more than what I have ahd the last 3 days.

Bella, I aplaude you for sticking to it for so long!!!!!

I think as am due on and weather is crap I dont think its helping my mood. Want to dive head first into a huge bar of chocolate and some cake. But my holidays are only 6 weeks away. My head is done in haha.

Well, rant over. Almost finished work. You never know, I may perk up on the 1 hour bus ride home... NOT!!!!

Speak soon girlies xxxx

Oh, Katierose, thanks for those kind wrds - you support me loads too :)

You will have to give me the link for your diary. I may have to opt for VLCD afterall.

xx

Hello everyone,

Kassy I am no good at low carb diets, like you I just end up wanting loads of stodge and I can not think of anything else until I have had a good binge!
If you are feeling really bad and tired the low carbs are obviously not right for you. Your idea of doing a bit of both sounds good. Are you drinking plenty of water?

Hi Katierose hope you are ok, good luck with your VLCD I am sure you will see results quickly.:)

Weather was quite nice today so I went for a walk along the river bank (about 5 miles) then did my neighbours garden she is lovely and in her 80s she does the lawn and the odd bit of weeding but about once a month I give it a good weed!

Hope you all have a good evening xx

Awwwww, Kassy, don't do the binge, just get back onto healthy eating instead. Dukan is hard, and well done for trying it, but it's obviously not for you so get back onto your calorie counting again instead.

Well it turns out the chaos wasn't as bad as first assumed, but there were arrests and apparently various bin fires in town. Thankfully the police and fire fighters were on the ball and no real damage was done.

Did a 3 mile walk tonight with my sister and feel really good and am noticing my legs are shaping up now. Still got a long way to go, but it's a start! Well done on your walk, Bin! :)

Hope you're all having a lovely evening xxx

Hi everyone!!

I'm not long in, and heading to bed in a minute, but just wanted to let you know Lee Evans was amazing!!! Honestly, I've never laughed so much in my life!!! The funniest joke was when he was talking about shopping in Sports Direct. How it's a shop that looks like a bombs gone off. He said the riotters in England won't touch it coz they would run it and say "oh, it's already been done!" i dont know if youve ever seen his Bohemian Rhapsody skit that he's done at the end of a couple if his shows, but that's how he finished tonight show! :D seriously, if you ever get the chance, you should go see him live!!!

The downside to tonight was that it cost me £14 for parking!!!

Will have a read through your posts tomorrow and respond to them :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Girls

Stacey - Sounds like you had a fab time. Hahahahaha, thats so true about Sports Direct. Canny for cheap gym gear though haha. I will defo have to try see him some time as he really makes me chuckle. Crikey, thats extautionate for parking. What a rip!!!! Nevermind, bt it was worth it.

Bella - I did the binge (cringe), will write about it below for you all. Pleased things are not too bad in your area and you still got to do your walk. You are ding fab, I'm not suprised your legs are getting nice and shapely. Before you know it you'll be even more of a godess than you already are :)

Bin - I try drinking plenty water, although I have to force it down. I drink around 2000ml of water/juice a day (give or take a little more or little less). Your right though, Dukan defo not for me. I dont know how people can function on it. You are sooo flukey having nice weather yesterday. It poured down here. That walk sounds lovley and you done far. And how lush are you helping the old dear next door. You can come do my garden too if you like haha.

Katierose - How has your first few days gone?

Well, sad to say I did end up doing a full on binge last night. As soon as the Adonis went to footy I rushed out to the shop for some chips then they were followed by a double chocky muffin, 2 chocolate bars, some cookies and ice cream. I felt so guilty after, plus I didnt go to the gym. I know mega low carb musn't agree with me but I think the weather and fact that its almost TOTM didnt help the fact.

So now am back to good old sensible eating/SW and watching my calories. Although am gonna go a few red days on SW as this is quite low carb (but not mega restricted) and variety works best for me. I'm gonna have to step it up at the gym if I want to lose a stone for my holidays like so aiming to go 5 times a week and do 45 mins - 1 hour of cardio each time I go plus some weights. I want to get down to 11st if possible. So I need to lose just over 2lb a week from now.

The Adonis stuck to the Dukan and he's lost a whopping 8lb in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's gonna try stick it out till friday then to slimming world with me. He's doing SW one week then Dukan the next and alternating. I will squeeze in a few low carb days, etc. Keep it mixed up. See how I get on. May even give Dukan one more go, but just a few days or so before I go away.

Its another manky day here in Newcastle. I wish the sun would come back out as I feel much more motivated when its sunny. Whats it like where you guys are?

Moving the rst of my stuff out of the flat tonight and going for a gym sesh so its a busy night for me after work. We are having that chicken season and shake (the paprika one is 2.5 syns) with no vedge tonight so thats yummy. Today I have had a mullerlight and 2 tsp whomeal oats for brekkie. I have got crabsticks, strawberries and 2 peached to munch on, along with 2 babybells for my healthy extras and for lunch am having turkey and a little bit salad in a whomeal pitta bread. I'm hoping if I eat like that every day and exercise the weight will start to come off again. Am gonna count syns religiously and save as many as I can for a weekend for my saturdy nights on the vodka haha.

Well, back to work but speak to you all soon and have a nice day xxx

Miss Kassy x
I moved my diary to the same section as you "Strugglers/ Restarters " as I thought it more appropriate for me :D
Well Day 4 for me and it s v tough. I know VLCD isn't for everyone but I need to see results and I need to get to the bottom of why I keep bingeing.. :mad: Am bad on alchohol too so will do my liver good to have a rest :party0036:
I am just taking it day by day, well hour by hour at the moment xx
And am sure you will get back on track! I ve just realised Miss Kassy you ve lost 50 pounds!!!! 50 pounds :happy036:
Well if that isnt inspiration for me nothing is lol..
Hello to Stacy Bella & Bin xx

Hi everyone,

You sound as though you had a brilliant time Stacy, can't wait till we go and see him on 29th I have never seen him live but my hubby and youngest son went 3 years ago said they laughed so much it hurt!:D Really glad you had such a good time (apart from parking charges ouch!)

Kassy weather here today has been wet and windy more like a day in March:( am back to work tomorrow so it will probably be sunny! Glad you are back on track again now, you are so good going to the gym I don't like going I feel so self conscious. Wow the Adonis did well 8lbs!!

Hi Katierose hope today has gone well with your VLCD

Hello Bella hope all ok with you. Glad the trouble was not as bad as first feared

I have not been very good today don't know why but needed a chocolate fix trouble is I can never stop at one choccy biscuit:( Feel guilty and annoyed at myself.

Hope you all have a good evening take care xx

Evening ladies!! Sorry I havent had a chance to have a good read through everything-it's been a busy day today!! And then I got distracted by my new cross-stitch kit-I know, major geek alert huh??? lol :D

Bin and Kassy, it was brilliant!!! Bin, you won't be disappointed when you see him live!! I actually went and bought 4 tickets for Michael McIntyres show next year!!! lol how crazy!!! But I love him!! So me, my mum, auntie and uncle are going to go!

Kassy sorry to hear you had a binge, but good that you are getting back on track now :) I'm hoping to do the same from tomorrow. Back to work tomorrow and Saturday, then off for 3 days, so will try my hardest to get back on track!!!

Weather here today has been just awful!!! Torrential rain!! Apparently we had more rain today than we usually get for the whole of August :( and we had to put the heating on!!! Really quite shocking for August!!

Katie welcome :) I've heard good things about vlcd's, so good luck with yours!

Well I need to head to bed shortly since I'm up early in the morning!! Have a good day tomorrow folks! :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gooood moooooorning minnnni miiiiiins (in the voive of Robbie Williams in Good Mrning Vietnam) hee hee. How are we all today?

Iys yt another yucki day here at the toooon but my spirits are a little better as I was pretty good yesterday (about 3.5 syns) and I got loads of my clothes from the flat and other bits and bobs and got them moved up with me. Just need to pop back Sunday then thats all my stuff out and that stressy part over! Phew!

Stacy - You jammy sod - tickets for Michael McIntire. Woop woop. he's the bestest ever!!!!! I think he will even top wor Lee haha. We were gonna get tickets to see him next year but I bet there is only naff seats left. Plus, we have booked up for 2 holidays for next year so wanna get one paid off ASAP and the full deposit on the other paid off. I feel skint at the mo as there is so muh coming up and I still need stuff for the holidays and I have to fork out for stuff at the flat (like boiler check and lino for the new tennant moving in). Plus, little Kassy (the girl cat) keeps doing this wierd thing with her leg so I might have to take her to vets if its not okay next week. One minute she is fine, running about then she will cry and go down on her leg, like it gives way. Then a minute later she is running about agan. Wierd!!! I dont know if am being over protective. I tend to be. I'll give it another week. Wooo,k went off on a bit of a tanjent there writing to you haha. Heck, the wet weather hit yous too. Its minging. Hey, I hear of loads of younger people doing cross stic thse days. Its good to keep you occupied. I should really try it. I love arty farty stuff. Just never have time. Good luck on getting back on the ball. You can do it. Do slimming worls with me. Its quite easy I find. Just hope the weigh in's show results.

Bin - The chocolate cravings muct be going around. I blame it on the weather. We need chocky to raise those endorphine levels. I have been the same and the Adonis was craving chocky big time last night. Good job we had none in. Have you tries to WW deserts. They are good to have in when you want something sweet. The mint ice cream ones are to die for. You should try not to be self concious at the gym. I know its touch if yuo just focus on the gym bunnies but there are so many other people thre, all diffren shapes and sizes and I bet they feel self conscious too. I go a bit later on when its quiet. I didnt gt last night tho so must go Sat and Sun then I will have done 4 days this week. One week I am great and d 3-4 days and others I do 2. I need to get into a better routine. Will im for 4 this week and 4-5 for the weeks running up to my holidays ten when I get back will aim to keep up a regular routine of 3-4 times per week. Easier said than done haha.

I hope the sunshine comes out for us all this weekend!!! Lets all do a sun dance haha.

Bella, hws tricks with you? And you Katierose. I wonder if Shelski is having a nice first full day. The lucky bugger hehe.

Well, if I dont get a chance to speak to any of you before, have a wonderful weekend and will catch up with yous on Monday.

Peace out xxx

:D:DHi Ladies x
Day 5 for me .. :D a better day than yesterday emotionally I mean.. I have a :devilangel:situation going on where the devil keeps whispering to start again on Monday... but the angel is winning through at the moment.. If I stick to it will be posting a gd loss on Monday I hope :D
I totally relate to the gym.. but I try and go 4 times a week now and I ignore the other people.

Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Katierose - Do not let that little divvil into your head!!!!! Keep fghting him off as you know yourself, it takes one slip to start back at the beginning. And when we say we'll "start on Monday", that Monday never comes. Keep powering on through!!! You can do it!!!! YOU CAAAAAAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck over the weekend.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

xxx

Evening everyone,

Kassy You are right about the gym I should not feel self conscious I can't help it, have very low self esteem, certain it stems back to being bullied at school because of my weight, I often think if only those girls realise how they have actually affected my whole life.
I shall certainly get some of the ww deserts in have not tried many of them, thanks for the tip.:)

Stacy lucky you getting tickets for Michael McIntyre bet he is so good live.:D Hope the weather is better for you today heating in August is not good. How is you cross stitch going, sewing and me just does not work I am awful at it!

Katierose glad today has been a good day for you, dont listen to that pesky little devil keep listening to the angel :angel09:and I really hope you have a great weight loss on Monday. You are so good going to the gym so often.

Hello Bella hope all is well.

Tonight there is a huge fire work display here from a barge anchored just off shore, people come from all over and have barbies on the beach and watch the display, the town starts getting really busy about 3.00pm. It marks the end of Cowes week which is a big sailing regatta we have every year. The town has been buzzing all week with live music through the high street and loads of people.

Am at work tomorrow:sigh:, hope you all have a good weekend take care xx

Evening girls, hope you’re all ok. Sorry it’s a late reply, have had quite a busy day. Have spent this evening sorting things out for the baby shower next week and have just watched the Chris Moyles Quiz night. (Is it wrong that I fancy him a little! :p) Am now watching Practical Magic – love this movie!

Sounds like you had a great night at Lee Evans, Stacy, and I’m so jealous you’ve got Michael McIntyre tickets. I love him! Micky Flanagan was on the Chris Moyles show tonight and was hilarious. I went to see him in Birmingham in January. I’ve never laughed so much in my life! He’s proper cockney geeza. Love it!

Kassy, you’re full of beans today! Loved your wake up call for us all! Hope the rest of the move goes well on Sunday.

Katierose, I can so relate to the angel/devil situation you’re going through at the moment, just persevere with it and remind yourself why you want to lose weight. I know it’s easier said than done, but you can do it!

Bin, are you ok? I also suffer with low self esteem. You wouldn’t think it if you were to meet me in person, but deep down I’m riddled with insecurity. It’s an awful thing to have, but you must remember, you are an amazing person and don’t let the comments of the past affect your future. That’s probably a bit hypocritical coming from me but I’m trying to take more notice of the positive things people say to me rather than focus on the negative, and it seems to be working….slowly. Sounds like you’re in for a great night. Hope you had fun.

Anyway, girls, I need some help! As you know, I’m planning this surprise baby shower next week and am starting to get things together, but am in need of some games we can play. Bearing in mind we will be having dinner in a pub so need to make sure they’re not too over the top, do any of you have any ideas? I’ve bought a nappy cake and arranged for my mate to make some cupcakes for us all. I’ve also had some personalised scratch cards made to give out at the end of the evening with a few prizes to win (not sure what they’ll be yet). Going into town tomorrow to get some decorations and want to get some gift boxes to fill with some chocs that will be put on each placemat as a little souvenir.

I’m also trying to organise a night out with work the week after – going to Prezzo, so trying to get that sorted too, plus I have to start packing all my stuff soon and cancelling my direct debits on my bills etc before I move out at the end of next month. Gosh, so much to do!

Chat to you all soon xxXXxx

Back