Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Finally! Scales moving in right direction with a 1.5 loss. Need to up the exercise now. Zumba here I come again.

Hey Girls. I have just written you all a nice long reply but when I hit send my computer went nutts and lost it, and I dont have time to wite it all properly again now as I'm at work, but i'll check in later or tomorow when I am next free for a proper bit crack on.

STUPID COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!

xxx

Hey everyone, do you mind if I join you all here? It seems like a great thread with some great people and I think that's what I need right now!

I lost over a stone at the end of last year, but since the start of the year I've gone waaaaay off track and just can't seem to get back on it! I am very bad for binge eating/boredom eating/stress eating, which doesn't help!

I went to the nurse a couple of weeks ago and she finally had to change me from Microgynon to the mini-pill (cerazette) because of my BMI :(

I worked so hard last year to get to where I was, and was feeling much more confident in myself, and I want to get that back.

I lack motivation when it comes to exercise - I hate it!! I haven't found anything that I actually enjoy doing for a long period of time! I usually get bored easily.

Anyhoo, after that ramble, I'll give you ladies my stats :eek::

Current Weight: 13st 5lbs :cry:
Ultimate goal weight: 9 1/2st

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better and helping each other through this journey! :grouphugg:

Welcome Stacey
We're all here for the same reason so we just keep each other going with a bit of a giggle along the way xx

Hi Stacy - welcome to the group! Hope you're ok. What diet are you doing? If you struggle with exercise, you should just do walking for the time being - even if it's just 20 mins in your lunch break! It all helps! :)

Hope everyone else is ok. I've had quite a busy few days. Was out for my mates birthday at the weekend and am still trying to recover! Work has also been busy so feeling very tired. On the positive side, I have found myself a new challenge and signed up to do the Shine London Marathon Walk on 1st October! I've bought some new walking boots, put my gym membership on hold and have a 12 week exercise plan to follow starting from Monday! It's still available to enter incase any of you fancy getting involved! lol :)

Anyway, hope you're all ok xxXXxx

Thanks for the welcome girls :)

Shelski - glad to hear that! A bit of a giggle always helps :D

Bella - thank you :) I'm just doing my own diet - trying to cut out junk food and generally pick healthier options, and cut down on my portion sizes! And of course, exercise too. Walking is good for me, I have a dog, so he needs obviously needs walking too! I've also got a pedal bike - like an exercise bike, but it's just the pedals - cos the bike seats seriously hurt my butt!! lol :D

Great to hear about the marathon walk you've signed up for! Plenty of time to train for it too :) The best of luck with it! xx

I seriously need to cut back on the junk food, I can't stop eating it! I'm hoping I can refocus over the next few days before training starts on Monday, so planning to spend time looking through the Slimming World mags to get lots of ideas! Xx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Morning yous lot and welcome newbie Stacy. You have come to the right place here for support as the girls are all great and soooo funny sometimes. Nothing like laughing t lift your spirits.

Well, after my computer lost my mail to you all yesterday I thought I would give it anotherb go today (so you better behave yourself mr computer - he's as naughty as that bloody mr willpower and mr binge!!!!!) hehe.

Annyhoo, I have been extra crap all week. Bella, I am in one of those awful junk binges too an cant stop. I have had about 3000 (if not more) everydy since Saturday. Grrrrrrr. Stacy, I too am a binge eater and it gets worse with stress and believe me, I am mega stressed at the mo - my cats have had fleas and its a right pain in the arse tryibg to get rid of them, i'm skint, I will have gained this week and I'm in the process of moving. Its all a bit much. Oooh, not to mention its almost 'the time of the month'. I'm gonna try so so so so hard though to get back on track tomorow as that will be 11 weeks until my holidays and if I'm going to gt down to a size 12 or small 14 I am gonna have to get a wriggle on.

No way am I getting wighed this week after te binge fest I have been on. Gonna have to do VLCD for a few weeks just to cancel this week out I think so I can get back on track. A few weeks going that should do no harm, then i'll just up my calories slowly and go wild at the gym.

I hate the gynm too Stacy. I have spells of going loads then drop out for a few weeks. I have to force myself to go but the thing that keeps me going is the fact that it really does work. It boosts my weight loss by about 80%. ven if you go for 40mins 3-4 tims a week and just go hell for leather you will see great results.

Shelski, thats great news on the loss. Yippeeeeee :party0049: Bet you are buzzin.

My god, Cinderz, no wonder you had the munchies last week - all them hours at work. Your body would have been craving energy. You are a superstar at what you do. I diont think I could hack those hours. Well done you.

Well girls, heres to a new start tomorow (as I have already had a Maccy D's double sausage and egg muffin meal this morning). Hope I get that "lets do this" buzz tomorow, as everymoring for the past week i have thought sod it!!!! Not good!

Well, better get some work done. Will pop in soon though xxx

lol Miss Kassy, loving the McD's breakfast :D sounds like there's a few of us that are struggling with bingeing at the moment! But we can do it girls! :)

Right now the sun is shining here (how long it'll last is a different matter!!) and I need to re-start today!!

I have a 2nd job interview today for a shop in town (not great, but it's something!!) this afternoon, so I could have a job by the end of the week! I've been out of work since March so desperate to get back to work and start earning some much needed pennies and get me out of this house!

So plans for today are to do some housework, walk the dog (a nice big walk!), stick to my meal plan and drink lots of water. Here goes!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooooooh good luck with the interview! Let us know how u get on! Fingers crossed :) Xx

Kassy, what's VLCD? XX

Thanks! I got the job :D start on Saturday. So happy to finally have a job!

Yaaaaaay, well done, that's great news! :) xxx well done xxx

Ok girls, this is getting serious now. We NEED to find a way to get our heads round all this binge eating we keep doing. We deserve to lose weight, so why are we jeopardising our efforts? Mr binge got the better of me earlier with two big bars of dairy milk and a cheese and onion pasty. That's before going to my sisters for a healthy jacket potato with chilli which I struggled to eat because of my binge. We need to think of ways to stop us getting into the cycle because I'm feeling so disappointed with myself to a point where I actually want to force myself to throw up. I'm going to google some ideas to get out of this cycle, but maybe if we all get our thinking caps on we can come up with somthing? xxXXxx

Thank you Bella!

That's a great idea. Bingeing gets us nowhere :( I will try and have a think and see if I can come up with something too. We should brainstorm some ideas together! X

Bella, I'm right with you on that one. I can't stop at the mo either, and the more I eat the worse I feel so I eat more to swallow down my feelings and the cycle goes round and round. I feel so tearful and I just want to hide away. I ave come so far and this week I hav been like the old me 8 months ago when I used to drink vodka every night and binge all day and all evening. I have gained 6lb since Sunday. I vowed to myself to start today but I'm feeling so depressed that the first thing I done when I got off the bus to work was buy a bacon sandwich and a packet of biccies. I'm out of control.

EEeeeh Stacy, congrants on the job. Mega pleased for you. Theres me going off on a rant I forgotto say congratulations.

Yeah, lets have a think of how to get over this once and for all beore I end up a size 20 again.

Better get to work now, but have a great weekend everyopne and I hope we can all refocus ASAP xxxx

Oh, VLCD is very low calorie diet. I'm gonna aim for 800 - 1200. Its not great as you put some weight back on when you come off it, but not too much if you up your calories overtime. But is a quick fix and thats what I need as its only 11 weeks until my holidays.

I have baught some appetite supressants to help me along (i know, i know, its naughty but i'm desperate) and i'll only take them for a few weeks. I cant go on holiday with the Adonis looking like this, i'll be a paranoid wreck.

xxx

Oh Kassy (Big hugs) ..... Bella (Big hugs)
totally know the feeling about binging, thats what keeps me FAT :( I do really well for a few days and lose lbs, then Ill have a binge and it takes me days (or weeks) to get back on track! Holiday is just over 3 weeks away and although Im excited and part of me is thinking sod it youll have a good time whatever, part of me is shitting myself and dreading deciding what clothes to take!
Oh and i bet i get nasty fat thigh chafing too :( grrrrrr I am partly annoyed because 10 weeks ago when I booked it I told myself this wouldnt happen... but here I am.... holiday ever approaching.... and anohter summer porky!
Grrrrr (sorry.... rant over)

going to try and be 100% these next few weeks, I know it can make SOME difference. I might avoid bread while im away anyway.... there will be lots of grecian lovely fresh food, fresh fish, fruit and veg and if its as hot as everyone keeps telling me will prob not want to eat stodge (but then, this is me we are talking about!)....

Ooooo appetite suppressants.... which ones do you have Kassy? Chugging water all the time does help... when i am being good i find it helps anyway. Stay with it hunny, we just got to break the cycle.... 3 weeks breaks a habit apparently.... but take each day as it comes. I used to plan a "binge" day each week.... (incredibly un healthy i know) but each day i wanted to eat something bad, or craved awful food, I would say to myself, its ok.... save it for such and such day.... then on that day I would totally relax, but I did usually get back on track the very next day.... and start saving stuff for my next binge day. Awful habit i know but it stopped me diving into **** food every day! And i think, coz i did a VLCD for the rest of the week, i lost weight too.

Hang in there ladies.... its a shitty thing the binge and it gets you when you think you are fine :( it turns a normal social situation (i.e. party/cake/family meal whatever) into a loss of control but we just gotta keep thinking we have the control really, and we dont have to do it. (if i say it enough, i might actually start doing it!)

I skipped breakfast this morning (LIE IN!) wooo.... so am just making myself a roasted butternut squash, and feta salad.... then nothing til dinner time. No snacking! Still meaning to start a food diary on here but not sure people really want to read my boring food recordings!
bit miffed coz batteries have gone on my scales so couldnt check my progress.... will have to wait til monday official weigh in day....

Hope you are all ok....

xx

ok, girls. we need to give ourselves a GOOD talking to. All this binging is not good for us and it's not good for our health either! We are beautiful people who deserve to be happy and not use food as a way to escape how we are feeling. So I think we need to be open and honest and talk about WHY we binge and as I'm the smart arse who came up with this (probably stupid) idea, I shall begin!

I have always enjoyed food and was always a little bit chubby when I was younger but then I had a growth spurt and became the tallest girl in my class so held my weight quite well. That was until I stopped growing and everyone else around me got taller! I was in the netball team in lower school and was always outside with my friends after school so was always burning energy. Then I went to middle school and everything changed. I found myself getting intimidated by the girls in my year so stopped playing netball. At the same time, I was in the Brownies and loved it and was happy and confident there. Soon enough though, my friends were picking on me for silly reasons but it got to a point where none of them wanted to share a room with me on a school trip to France and my best friend asked whether I would still go if nobody wanted to share with me! As you can imagine, at the age of 12, I was distraught. My parents were furious and ended up being called into school to "discuss" it with the head and other parents! At the same time, I remember being on a diet which my parents thought was a good idea because I had put on a bit of weight, so dealing with image and (lack of) friend issues wasn't good.

By the time I went to upper school, I was very insecure about the way I looked and all I wanted was to be in the popular group because I was convinced people would like me if I was. Don't get me wrong, I did have some close friends, but they all started getting boyfriends and before I knew it, I was feeling very lonely. I don't remember binging at school, but I do remember feeling so unhappy. I stayed on at 6th form and have to say it was the best thing for me because I had another growth spurt and lost 2.5 stone in weight, gained a cleavage and guys started noticing me! ;) By the time I went to Uni, I was so happy and confident and ready to meet a nice man but I soon found drinking student priced pints of cider didn't agree with my waistline, but I didn't care. I was happy and still getting attention off some hotties! :)

In my second year, it all changed. My mum and dad split up after nearly 25 years together and it tore me apart. I drank and ate all the time as comfort and rather than dealing with how I was feeling, I binged. By the time I finished uni, I had gained 4 stone. I came home and got a job where i stayed for 3.5 years and by the end of it, I was a mess! It was the worst job and it made me so unhappy and brought the worst out of me. At the same time, my Dad had emmigrated to South Africa and I was living with a friend which wasn't working out and we actually stopped talking to each other. Once again, I binged.

So I left it all and spent 6 months in Cape Town with my Dad. I had the best time of my life and even lost weight and felt like the old me again. That was 5 years ago now and here i am struggling with my weight once more. I can't work out what has brought me back to this place again other than feeling lonely. I haven't been in a relationship for a long time and don't seem to get any attention anymore. I know it takes more than being in a relationship to make you happy, but I think the reason why I binge so much is because I'm lonely. All of my friends are in relationships, are getting married and having children. I want that so badly too but feel like I've been left of the shelf! i know I need to be happy from the inside before I can show how happy i am on the outside, but I just can't find the strength to do it and so the binging starts because for the brief spell that I'm eating, I feel happy.

I don't want to be like this anymore, so maybe laying all of these feelings on the table will help me get out of the rut im in!

Anyway, I've rambled long enough now. Who's next?! xxXXxx

Back