Msrsimpkin's JUDDD Diary

msrsimpkin

Flubber Buster
Hey. So, I'm new to JUDDDing, so I thought I'd make a diary to keep track of things and get advice if I'm going wrong somewhere.

I've just come over from Atkins, which I really love, but I was just very interested to try JUDDD after reading all the positive feedback from other JUDDDers.

Yesterday started off as a regular Atkins day, but since breakfast was pretty low cal and filled me up for most of the day, I decided to make it my first DD. I'm going to be doing alternate days, so today is my first UD too.

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast - 10AM
Beef stew (350)

Dinner - 5PM
Minestrone Slim a Soup (61)

Drinks
3x 500ml Strawberry Squash (24)

Total: 435 Cals

Good luck, Im sure you will love it, its the best way of eating I have ever done and Ive done most of them!!x

Hi girls, and thanks for the warm welcome! I've been reading through a few of the long time JUDDDers' diaries to get some hints and tips.

One thing I really wondered was if I really need to weigh myself while doing this. I know it's ideal to do so to know if it's actually working and if I'm doing properly, but I figure if I stick to 500cals or less on DDs and don't overdo my UDs, I should be okay.

I don't actually have any scales at home and used to weigh at my local Tesco, but I can't guarantee I can get there and do it at the right time on the right days, so it wouldn't be particularly accurate. Though I probably will do this occasionally just out of interest.

I have read that some of people tend to judge their losses on inches as much as weight since that shows actual fat loss more accurately.

Basically, am I safe recorded mainly my inch loss, an not my just weight?

That's excellent. Yeah, I was thinking of weighing occasionally, just to make sure everything's going as it should.

To be honest, the only time I've ever weighed myself on a regular basis while dieting was when I was part of a club, like Slimming World (which I find MAKE you obsessive about weight loss to an almost competitive level).

I've never really been hung up on weight loss as I mainly diet to get smaller (as I think most of us do) and because I don't really buy into the whole "healthy weight" brackets so much. I mean, everyone's different! And I don't really think my weight reflects my size. People are always shocked when I tell them how much I weigh because I look a lot smaller then you'd expect someone at 22st to be.
I'm almost the same weight as my brother, who's almost 6ft and a quite a bit bigger than my 5'2" self.

Ooft, went off on a bit of a tangent there! Haha. But you get the picture.

Just indulged in one of my "pre-diet" favourites while out shopping - a Costa (skinny) cappuccino with hazelnut syrup. Oh my god, it was marvellous. But maybe the extra shot of espresso was a bit much as I'm completely buzzed now! Haha. Also thought all Costa's syrups were sugar free, but according to their nutritional info, they're not! Oh well, good job it's my UD!

I love my coffee, but I'm not much for it black, and I also can't drink it with cream or soy milk, so I haven't really drunk any coffee at all for a while. Which may be why it's hit my like a sack of bricks! Well, someone won't be sleeping tonight! Haha

Last edited:
msrsimpkin said:
Just indulged in one of my "pre-diet" favourites while out shopping - a Costa (skinny) cappuccino with hazelnut syrup. Oh my god, it was marvellous. But maybe the extra shot of espresso was a bit much as I'm completely buzzed now! Haha. Also thought all Costa's syrups were sugar free, but according to their nutritional info, they're not! Oh well, good job it's my UD!

I love my coffee, but I'm not much for it black, and I also can't drink it with cream or soy milk, so I haven't really drunk any coffee at all for a while. Which may be why it's hit my like a sack of bricks! Well, someone won't be sleeping tonight! Haha

Hello and welcome to the lovely world of JUDDDD :)

I think you have to ask for the sugar-free syrups in Costa! I love a double shot coffee but yes it's a morning thing for me or I'd never sleep again lol! X

Ahh, I'll have to remember that! Thanks.

I think I've completely overdone the carbs today! I haven't gone over my calories for today (actually, I'm under. Don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing on JUDDD, tbh), but coming straight from Atkins, it probably wasn't such a good idea. I guess I missed bread more than I let myself believe! Eek!

Today's menu:

Breakfast
White Coffee, 1 Splenda w/ a dash of Bailey's Biscotti (41)

Lunch
Chicken Salad roll (485)

Dinner
Bacon Salad sarnies (669)

Snacks
Walkers Cheese & Onion (173)

Drinks
Ribena Apple (206)
Skinny Capp w/ Hazelnut syrup (159)

Total: 1733 cals

I realise this is quite a bit under my "target" of 2500 cals, but I really can't eat anymore! Haha. I'll see if I get peckish later while watching TV, but at the moment I'm still stuffed! Maybe I'll have to give up the skinny capps and go for full fat instead! Ooh, the luxury! Haha

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to JUDD. Your UD looks pretty good to me! I usually aim for around 1800, but it can vary in each direction depending how I feel! Thats the beauty of JUDD you can play around with it & see what suits you personally. Just avoid going yoo low too often on UD's as they tend to actually slow the losses.
I like your attitude to the weighing, I go by my uniform..it pops the fasteners when I get over a certain weight. I noticed today it hasn't popped once in the last 3 days.. so I'm hoping for a good WI tomorrow. I only weigh once a week now, I used to weigh daily or even more:D

Yeah you should really try to eat a bit more, even have a muffin or something with your breakfast next time? I did an intermediate day (which is the term us juddders use for a regular cc day) and the dd after it was insufferable. Definitely a lot easier when you've given yourself a good bit of food the day before. If you're eating all your ups as ints you're probably gonna end up with too much of a calorie deficit and your body won't thank you for it.

I'm sure you'll settle into it rightly, it does take a bit of time to get used to eating... I think the ups are harder to get used to than the downs!! Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hey. I gathered, from what I'd read, that it was the big swing of a teeny amount of calories to a pretty decent amount that makes JUDDD work. I still really don't understand all the science behind it, but there's no doubt it works!

Maybe I need to rethink the choices I make on my UDs. Like butter instead of light marge, and full fat milk in my coffee instead of skimmed.

It was an early morning, and busy day yesterday, and the only thing I can usually face right after I wake up in the morning is cereal, which after being on Atkins, we had none of. Next shopping trip I'll be sure to get some yummy cereal and full fat milk.

I dare say there'll be UD where I make up for it, that's for sure!

So, today has been tougher than my first DD. I've been hungry pretty much all day. My stomach's been growling, had that empty pang for most of the day. But I managed to get through it without going massively over my allowance today.

Looking forward to tomorrow SO MUCH! I've already planned my breakfast! Haha.

Breakfast
HUGE White Coffee w/ 2 Splenda (38.)

Lunch
1/2 can Oxtail Soup (83)
2 Sesame Ryvita (68.)

Dinner
1/2 can Oxtail Soup (83)
2 Sesame Ryvita (68.)

Snacks
Tesco Light Choices Pretzels (100)
Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell (63) (these are SO GOOD!)
2 Clementines (70)

Drinks
Pepsi Max (1)
Water (0)

Total: 574 Cals

The pretzels really weren't worth the calories, to be honest. I just had them because they were the only low calorie snack I had to hand and thought they'd fill me up at bit. They didn't! And they didn't even taste that nice, very bland. Next time I'll have a pack of Wotsits for 5 less calories (and miles more flavour!!).

Last edited:
Oh dear! I spent far too many calories on my breakfast this morning! I did enjoy it so much, though. And I really needed it after yesterday's DD.

Breakfast - 9.30AM
3 Oatcakes with Cheese, Sausage & Bacon (788)
White Coffee w/ 2 Sugars & tot of Bailey's Biscottie (56)

Total: 844!!!!

I don't think I've ever had a breakfast that was so calorific while on a diet! Haha. Though, it is now nearly 2PM and I'm still stuffed. Going to go do my shopping soon, so it should keep me going til I get back.

Haha. Indeed I am! Only a little tot, barely even a teaspoonful, but it makes it sooo creamy and yummy!
It's absolutely divine in hot chocolate too! Options Turkish Delight hot choc is amazing with a bit of Bailey's. And 5ml of Baileys is only 16 calories, so it's nice for a really indulgent treat in the evening on a DD, if you have a few cals spare.

Come and join the Baileys club! x

msrsimpkin said:
Haha. Indeed I am! Only a little tot, barely even a teaspoonful, but it makes it sooo creamy and yummy!
It's absolutely divine in hot chocolate too! Options Turkish Delight hot choc is amazing with a bit of Bailey's. And 5ml of Baileys is only 16 calories, so it's nice for a really indulgent treat in the evening on a DD, if you have a few cals spare.

Come and join the Baileys club! x

I'm in :) Off to buy some now! At only 16 calories it would be rude not to yay!!! Xx

Back