Msrsimpkin's JUDDD Diary

I love baileys so I don't think I could stop at one teaspoon even first thing in the morning . Wonder if I have any in the cupboard as I fancy one one now .......

I love Baileys so much too! Especially the flavoured ones. But I'm not a big drinker, so the little bit I have in coffee gives me the lovely taste without the alcohol effect. Heh.

Okay, so here goes for today's menu.

Breakfast
3 Oatcakes with Cheese, Sausage & Bacon (788.)
White Coffee w/ 2 Sugars & tot of Bailey's Biscotti (56)

Lunch
Coleslaw Sandwich (371)
Apple (45)

Dinner
Cheese Burger (315)
Chips (129)
Salad (20)

Snacks
Strawberries & Cream Yoghurt (208.)
2 Meringue Nests (104)
1tbsp Marshmallow Fluff (20) (I love this stuff!)

Drinks
Diet Coke (1)
White Grape & Peach Juice (76)

Total: 2133 Cals

Well, I manages to get my calories up a bit compared with last UD. And the Strawberries & Cream yoghurt with meringue nests crushed up in was DIVINE! Like a cheats Eton Mess. I'll definitely be having that again! I bet it would be good with a WW yoghurt and 1 nest for only around 100cals on a DD too.

Also, only 20 calories for a tablespoon of Marshmallow Fluff!?! A little treat I could even have on a DD! Yummy!

Last edited:
DD today. I tried the bulletproof coffee this morning, just a small one with 1tsp of butter, wizzed it up with my stick blender until it was frothy and creamy looking. Well, I couldn't drink it! I tried, but urgh, just no! I might try it again with coconut oil, but the butter is a complete no no.

So, I tipped my coffee away and ate an Alpen Light. I was going to try and go as long as I could without eating, but I woke up SO hungry today. Oddly enough, I find that if I eat close to bed time I wake up famished the next morning. I'll have to remember to not eat too late on my UDs.

So far today:

Breakfast
A couple of sips of Bulletproof Coffee (5) (it wasn't much, but I'll still count a few cals for it)
Alpen Light (63)

Total: 68

never heard off abullet proof coffee lol whats it supposed to do I have coconut oil

Well, I don't really understand the science behind it, but it's meant to help stave off hunger for a good portion of the day on a DD without affecting your metabolism, since your boy doesn't recognise it as actual food.

You're meant to add 1tspn-1tblspn of butter or coconut oil (or a combination of both) an whizz it all up in a blender to make what's supposed to taste like a frothy, creamy coffee. Mine just tasted like greasy coffee. Haha. However, I do believe that coconut oil would work better and give a nicer taste, but I didn't have any.

I first read about it on an american site, but I know there's a thread on here about it. I'll have a look for it and link you to it in a sec.

Just found your diary hun :) you use a lot of foods I don't so it's really interesting to see the calorie counts....must admit to loitering beside the fluff in the supermarket but wasn't sure what it would taste like??

Also now the nights are drawing in and the mornings are chilly, Bailey's coffee sounds lush ;) thanks for that one! x

Oh, the fluff is truly divine! If you like marshmallows, you'll love it! It's like gooey, yummy, sweet heaven! Haha.

It's what I imagine clouds taste like! Hahaha.

Today's DD was a success! I wasn't quite as hungry as last DD, but I did snack a bit more than I'd have liked. Either way, I only went over my target by 1 calorie!

I found some shiritaki noodles in the local chinese market. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about them, but I thought I'd give them a go. They've got a texture that some people wouldn't like, almost jelly-ish, and the initial smell before they've been washed is a little off putting. But if you wash them really well and add them to a strong tasting sauce (they have pretty much no flavour themselves), they actually make for a great filling dish. And for 0 (yes, 0!!!) calories, I think they'll be my new DD go to food!

Breakfast
Cherry Bakewell Alpen Light (63)

Dinner
Pork Loin (136)
Mushrooms (16)
Oyster & Spring Onion Sauce (124)
Shiritaki Noodles (0)

Snacks
Wotsits (95)
Sugar Free Jelly (3)
Chocolate & Fudge Alpen Light (63)

Drinks
Diet Coke (1)
Water (0)

UD today! It's not even dinnertime and I've already chomped my way through over 1700 calories! I think I'm getting the hang of upping my UD cals, compared with my first UD. Still feels wrong having so many calories on a "diet".

Off to visit some family with the Mr tonight, which may end up in a takeaway, so I have a feeling I'm going to go over my target for today. But that's the beauty of this WOE, I guess, it's so flexible.

That's what got me about Atkins. As much as I actually really enjoyed the food I was eating, if everyone else was having a chippy tea, I was a bit screwed. Not anymore! Hehe.

well done .Where did you get your noodles from :)

Off to visit some family with the Mr tonight, which may end up in a takeaway, so I have a feeling I'm going to go over my target for today. But that's the beauty of this WOE, I guess, it's so flexible.

That's what got me about Atkins. As much as I actually really enjoyed the food I was eating, if everyone else was having a chippy tea, I was a bit screwed. Not anymore! Hehe.

LOVE IT! :D x

mummy2beslim said:
well done .Where did you get your noodles from :)
I got mine from the oriental market down the road from me. I don't go very often because I end up spending FAR too much when I do! Haha

I know you can get them from Holland & Barrett too, if you don't have a Chinese market near you, but they charge quite a lot for them. I think they're about £1.99 for 200g. I paid 89p for the same amount.

You can get them online too, but I can't recommend any particular because I haven't bought any online. Well, that's a lie, I did buy a few packs from a site called EatWater, but I never received them and they never replied to my emails! So, avoid them! Heh

Well, I'm not even attempting to work out yesterday's calories because I know I went over my target by a RIDICULOUS amount! I had pizza. Ate it all! :eek: And then ate my nephew's leftover pineapple fritter!! Oops!
At least I wasn't washing it down with copious amounts of alcohol, though, like everyone else ;)

Definitely going to try and do a DDD today and sunday to make up for it! Wish me luck!

89p fab for the noodles I will have to have a look in the larger stores see if they stick them .Good luck with the ddd I may have to try doing that this week x

DDD1 complete. I haven't had much in the way of real food today, other than the salad I'm about to eat for dinner (busy day, literally just walked through the door), but I only went over my target for today by 4 calories, so all's good. Go me!

Breakfast
Cherry Bakewell Alpen Light (63)

Lunch
Pink Lady Apple (45)
Clementine (35)

Dinner
Tuna Nicoise Salad (170)

Snacks
2x Wotsits (190)

Drinks
Pepsi Max (4)
Water (0)

Total: 504 calories

One DDD down (ooft, that's a mouthful), one to go!

Back