Mushy pea curry

princesss01

Hi,

I had the Mushy pea curry tonight for dinner and I have to say it was quite scrummy. It is so simple to make and taste quite authentic, I will definately have this again.

Here is the recipe I used, I added a few things to the original one.

Serves 4

Tin chopped tomatoes
Tin mushy peas
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 Green pepper, sliced
Chicken (or alternative meat/veg/quorn)
1 tbsp tomato puree
1tsp curry powder (I used hot)
1tsp sweetener
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt and pepper

You'll have to syn the tomato puree or just leave it out.

Fry off onion and garlic until soft and add chicken (or alternative meat etc) mushrooms and peppers until the meat has browned. Blend peas and tomatoes together using blender/food processor and add to pan along with remaining ingredients and then bring to boil and simmer for approx 1/2 hour. Or bung it in slow cooker for the day like I did. You could use already cooked meat by adding it in after sauce is cooked for the last 10 mins or so.

Do try as it is so easy to do and taste fab, the family enjoyed it too! :eating:

I love this recipe, I also add chick peas to add different texture and it works really well :) I also add as a side dish Bombay potatoes aswell!!!

This is an old post about the Mushy Pea Curry - sorry Kally, I haven't got a scoobie what you mean but I wanted to make it clear to anyone who reads this now (and I do expect the Mods to move it to the Recipe forum) is that Tomato Puree is free - so no need to syn it anymore.

The idea of having mushy peas in curry sounded awful but I made the original recipe over the weekend and it tastes really nice.

I didn't blend it at the start so it looked a bit lumpy and un-appetising so I used a hand blender on it afterwards and it looked like a normal curry

?

I made this curry yesterday but even tho I used lots of curry powder it still tasted like mushy peas! I know its made from mushy peas but didn't expect it to taste do much if them

Considering making this for tomorrow but there seems to be mixed feelings? Would this be ok reheated?

I love it and Im not a fan of fake-o stuff. Its great for a quick and easy meal when you havent got time for faffing, just bung the spices and mushy peas and that in and leave it for a few min. Yum yum!

Depends what curry powder you use obviously, normally Id use my own separate spices, so if youre using a ready-made you need to pick one you like for days when youre in a rush :)

I had it tonight for tea, it was the best curry I have ever mafe(I'm crap at making curry!!), it was really easy and yummy! Will defo do it again

Sarah xxx

Wow, this sounds Fantastic!! I feel that my slimming world curries are a bit watery this will make a huge difference. And I'm loving the idea of the mullerlight coconut, I'm guess the curry need to be warm rather than hot when adding so it doesn't split?

You just take the pan off the heat at the end and stir in the yoghurt. It is quite thick. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Bump

I love it. I dont blizt it. Dont know if u have to. I have add all the tins together with the curry powder. Cook it all throw. Add the cooked meat beef chicken etc. And stir. Filling on its own

Back