MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Sunday 24th September

Bit of a silly day food wise today - within PP but not very sensible! Well that's one of the things I love about WW - I can fit those kind of days in. Had a good start - got up and cooked the Turkey Crown in the Halogen Oven, ready for roast din-dins, but then had such a lazy day we couldn't be bothered to do the rest of the meal. So the Turkey Crown is in the fridge ready for tomorrow and Pizza Muffins it is!

Breakfast - Toast and jam - Total 10PP- 2 pieces w/m bread (4PP), scraping (one tspn) of butter on each (2PP), 3 tspns apricot jam (4PP)

Lunch - French Fries and Cheese - Total 5PP - One packet 'French Fries' (2PP) 1oz Brie with chilli (3PP)

Tea - 'Pizza Muffins' - Total 13PP - 1 and a half toasted muffins (7PP), 2oz cheddar (6PP), scraping tomato puree (0PP), one chopped onion (0PP) herbs and dried chilli and garlic (0PP), 2 chopped olives (0PP), cherry toms (0PP), one banana (0PP), one nectarine (0PP)

Drinks - one coffee with cream (2PP),
NAS squash, green tea,

Totals so far - 30PP, 29 dailies and one weekly used
Weeklies remaining 1!
APs earned today - none, APs for week so far 9

Hopefully I will avoid the snack monster tonight, but he is lurking in every room at the moment! Going to have a look at a free Armenian Cookery book I downloaded for Kindle from Amazon. (Is looking at cookery books the best thing to do when avoiding the snack monster? ;)) I remember several years ago making an Armenian soup with dried Apricots and (I think) mushrooms and lentils and it was gorgeous, so I'm interested to have a look at the recipes. Also got a Phillipino/Fillipino (sp?) one and a Cajun cuisine sampler, plus a Caribbean dessert one to get through and see what I can adapt to make WW friendly. Cookery Bliss!

Cookbooks sound good!hope you managed to avoid the snack monster! Least you stayed within your points so that's a good thing :0)

Cookbooks sound good!hope you managed to avoid the snack monster! Least you stayed within your points so that's a good thing :0)

Hi Daisy, yes snack monster kicked into touch! x

Monday 25th June

Breakfast - Total 2PP - One Aldi Strawberry Yogurt 'Go-ahead' type bar

Lunch - Roast Veg Couscous with Chilli and Brie - Total 14PP -
one packet Aldi Roast Veg Couscous (9PP), 1.5 oz Brie (4PP), 8 olives (1PP), cherry toms, garlic and jalapenos (0PP), one banana (0PP)

Tea - Chicken Kebab (well Chicken Salad really, as didn't eat the pitta bread). Total 8PP - Went to the coast for an evening walk and tea. Resisted chips, pizza, chinese takeaway etc., and decided on a small Chicken kebab - 3/4 Chicken Breast (saved the rest for cold lunch next day - 4PP) mixed salad (0PP) BBQ sauce (1PP), allowed another 3PP for a oil on chicken? I don't think they do use oil to cook the chicken, but decided to play safe!

Snacks - 1oz Bombay Mix (4PP)

Drinks - Coffee with cream (2PP), NAS squash and water, green tea

Totals for the day - 30PP, 29 dailies and 1 weekly
Weeklies remaining - none
APS earned today - 9 on Wii fit, and then another 4 for the beach walk - 13 Total, APs for the week so far - 22. I'm guestimating these points for the Wii Fit, based on entering in the times I do for the different aerobic stuff into the tracker, and adding on a point or two for the other stuff. I use about 600-700 cals per session according to the Wii, and I remember reading somewhere that approx 70 cals used = 1AP. Have really upped the exercise this week, and ache like crazy today (Wednesday), so it had better be worth it at weigh in today (when I can get myself out of bed!)

Tuesday 26th

Breakfast - Toasted Muffin and Apricot Jam - Total 9PP -
one muffin (4PP), scraping butter on each half (2PP), 2 tspns jam on top (3PP)

Lunch - Spicy Couscous with Chicken & Olives - Total 9PP - 1.5oz couscous (4PP), chilli and garlic (0PP), 10 olives (1PP), half a chicken breast (2PP), tbspn sultanas (2PP), one pear and one nectarine (0PP)

Tea - Roast Turkey Dinner - Total 9PP - 2 small slices turkey (3PP), 5oz roasties (3PP), one mini yorkie (1PP), drizzle gravy (1PP), tspn olive oil on roasties (1PP), sprouts and carrots (0PP)

Snacks - Apple Pie and cream, fruit - 10PP - 1/8th of an apple pie from local deli with tbspn cream - going for 10PP for the lot, Nectarine (0PP)

Drinks - Coffee and cream (2PP), NAS squash and loads of water (trying to up my water intake as I don't think I am drinking enough.

Totals for the day - 39PP, 29 dailies and 10 of my APs :( I try not to dip into my APs, but I suppose now and again won't hurt.
9 APs earned today on the Wii Fit though, so total APs for the week still stands at 21

Hope you enjoyed your time at the coast,well done on resisting the naughty foods! Don't know if they cook the chicken in oil to be honest.I don't normally use my ap either but do for when I drink orange juice :0) hope all goes well when you wi :0)

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh! What the....! Noooooooooooooooo and several other similar phrases. I have gained 2lbs this week. Feel very hard done by as have put so much effort into upping my exercise and my water intake accordingly. I hardly ever lose 2lbs in a week, but it seems I can put it on! :mad: Took my measurements as well and the only change is an inch ON my waist!

Have been back over my diary - don't think the apple pie which used a few of my APs yesterday would be responsible for 2lbs! I know they reckon that if you do a lot of exercise then you should eat more points, but I didn't think I fell into that category - I mean my total APs this week before using some on the Apple Pie were 31. That doesn't seem enough to me to need to eat much more. :confused: Perhaps I need to vary the exercise routine a bit more.

I am stiff and a bit sore today (and yesterday), so perhaps it is water retention round the muscles. TOTM? Not had one for about a year now (Yay!) but I suppose there could still be some monthly hormonal changes going on. No other symptoms there though.

Anyway I am mightily p***** off and glum. Not to be beaten though have racked up 8 APs today - but changed my exercise routine and included half an hour on the strider machine which has been gathering dust in the utility room. Have downloaded a couple of Pilates sessions from YouTube for a look and a try, got the exercise bike out ready and invested in the 30 Day Shred (although will leave that until Monday as I have got a busy weekend coming up and I do want to be able to move!) I've kept the water intake up too so will be floating off to bed soon! :character00117: Going to carry on the same this week and hope it is a temporary blip. What's the betting it will take me two or three weeks to lose it again though?

Never give up, never ever ever give up!

Food for today - Wednesday 27th June

Pre-exercise snack - One Aldi Strawberry & Yogurt biscuit bar - 2PP

Breakfast - Cereal and Milk - Total 6PP - 1.5 oz Cereal flakes with red berries - (4PP), one serving milk (2PP)

Lunch - Spicy Couscous and Cream Cheese - Total 12PP
- half pkt Aldi Spicy Couscous (4PP), one chopped chilli (0PP), 10 mixed olives (1PP), 1oz Aldi Soft and Creamy Cheese (2PP) tiny piece of the leftover Apple Pie (5PP), one orange (0PP)

Tea - Chippy Fish-cake and small serving Chips - Total 16PP - counting 11PP for the Chips and 5PP for the Fish-cake, one banana (0PP)

Snacks - 2 Rolos - 2PP?

Drinks - Green tea, one cup coffee with cream (2PP), NAS squash and loads of water, one cup tea with milk left over from breakfast

Totals for today 40PP, 29 dailies and 11 weeklies.
Weeklies remaining 38
APs earned today - 8

The gain might be where you have upped your exercise as that can happen,aw I'm sure it will come off sooner then you think.Wow I'm impressed with what you have sorted out exercise wise! I don't know bout Aps and how many you have/need to eat more for.Maybe ask in one of the threads as someone is bound to know.Have a good day tomorrow and definitely no giving up! ;0)

The gain might be where you have upped your exercise as that can happen,aw I'm sure it will come off sooner then you think.Wow I'm impressed with what you have sorted out exercise wise! I don't know bout Aps and how many you have/need to eat more for.Maybe ask in one of the threads as someone is bound to know.Have a good day tomorrow and definitely no giving up! ;0)

Yes I think (hope!) it's the water retention etc., from the exercise - I'm not so stiff today and have been very busy in the loo - (TMI?) so some of that fluid must be going. Fingers crossed for next week. I'll update my food in a mo, then perhaps have a read around some of the threads about exercise and APs - I don't really want to be eating more, because although I am enjoying the exercise and want to keep it up for health and toning etc, I don't want to rely on being able to eat those points! I think that would be a slippery slope for me - I can imagine myself saying, well I haven't exercised today, but I'll eat the points anyway and 'catch up' later in the week. Then probably wouldn't! That's the kind of thinking that got me fat in the first place!

Food for Thursday 28th July

INSET (training) day at school today for the Norfolk Show Day, so lunch provided for me...

Breakfast - One small Flapjack - 6PP

Lunch - Hunters Chicken, Mixed Salad and Spicy Potatoes - Total 12PP
-
One Chicken Breast (4PP), one piece bacon on top (1PP), sprinkling of Cheddar - say 1/2 oz (2PP), BBQ sauce (1PP), mixed salad leaves and tomato (0PP), Spicy Baked Potato pieces - (3PP) and another 1PP for oil as although they are oven baked I think they are sprayed with oil as part of the spicy coating, mixed fresh fruit salad (0PP)

Was quite pleased with this choice as the other option was meat or veg lasagne, and the other dessert option was Bakewell Tart with pink custard!

Tea - Turkey Tortilla wraps with peppers and onion - Total 13PP - 2 WW Tortilla Wraps (5PP), red and green pepper, onion (0PP), fried in fry-light and tspn butter (1PP), chopped roast turkey breast (4PP), extra low fat mayo - one tbspn (0PP), jerk sauce (1PP), 1/2 oz grated cheddar (2PP)

Snacks - cherries (0PP) and Aldi crispy fries (2PP)

Drinks - one cup coffee with cream (2PP), NAS squash, water

Totals for today 35PP, 29 dailies and 6 weeklies
Weeklies remaining - 32
APs earned today - 3 on 'glider/strider/walker - whatever it's called' :D machine, total APs for week so far - 11

moonwatcher said:
Yes I think (hope!) it's the water retention etc., from the exercise - I'm not so stiff today and have been very busy in the loo - (TMI?) so some of that fluid must be going. Fingers crossed for next week. I'll update my food in a mo, then perhaps have a read around some of the threads about exercise and APs - I don't really want to be eating more, because although I am enjoying the exercise and want to keep it up for health and toning etc, I don't want to rely on being able to eat those points! I think that would be a slippery slope for me - I can imagine myself saying, well I haven't exercised today, but I'll eat the points anyway and 'catch up' later in the week. Then probably wouldn't! That's the kind of thinking that got me fat in the first place!

Yea always best to do what suits you,that's what I think anyhow and if you know your weaknesses then it's good to steer clear of them! Well done on ap earned :0)

Friday 29th June

Breakfast - Cereal - Total 5PP - 1oz Honey Nut Cornflakes (3PP), serving of milk (2PP) - some left for coffees later

Lunch - Prawn Salad and Strawberries - Total 5PP - Canteen prawn salad at school - Mixed salad (0PP), sachet salad cream (1PP), Prawns - guestimate 2 oz (1PP), Mayo on prawns (3PP), Strawberries (0P)

Tea - Toasted Muffin with Cheese, Crispy Fries - Total 11PP (went out to see a local Theatre group's production, so grabbed this before we went) one muffin (4PP), 1.5oz cheddar (5PP), packet Aldi Crispy Fries (2PP)

Snacks during the play - Total 10PP - one packet Rowntrees fruit pastilles (5PP), two oz of chocolate raisins (5PP)

Supper after the play - Toasted muffin and jam - Total 6PP -
half a toasted muffin (2PP), tspn butter (1PP), 2 tspns apricot jam (3PP)

Drinks - NAS, water, coffees with milk left from breakfast, one cup coffee with cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 39PP, 29 dailies and 10 weeklies
Weeklies remaining - 22
APs earned today - none, APs for the week - 11

Will update for Saturday a bit later as we went out for an Indian with step-son and his wife and I haven't finished pointing it up yet!

Sounds like you've had a good weekend,how was the play ?

It was good fun thanks Daisy - just a local Amateur Dramatic group's 'Wizard of Oz' but very good fun and they had put a lot of work into it.

Hmmmm - food for the weekend and Monday...probably the less said the better! The Indian on Saturday came in at 50 PP - even though I picked a Tandoori dish without sauce and only ate half the rice, but then again I did polish off a giant poppadom, a bit of peshwari naan, a mango sorbet for dessert, and a free shot on the house! :D 50PP would have been do-able if I had planned the rest of the week better, and if I hadn't had a breakfast panini and two lattes at B & Q earlier in the day! Still it was a nice day!

Sunday we spent most of the day shopping and sorting out the rubbish in our caravan as it is due for a revamp, then ended up at the coast for sausage and chips!

Monday I didn't eat very much all day as didn't feel hungry - hmmm I wonder why that could be? :rolleyes: Then I found the 'two-for-one' Pizza Hut voucher that was nearly expired... oh well pizza and salad it is then!

So it will be interesting to see what the scales say tomorrow! If I've gained, well I deserve it, so I'm ok with that. I think it has done me good to have a few days off.

Exercise... I didn't do the 30 day shred in the end as my back was playing up a bit and I daren't risk setting it off - it looks pretty intensive and I'm not sure my knees can take it at the moment either, so I have decided to wait a bit until I feel more ready to tackle it. Someone on minis has mentioned Lesley Sansome's walking videos. so I had a go with one of them on Youtube to try before I buy! Did the mile one yesterday after about an hour on the Wii fit. I really enjoyed it, will try the 3 mile one today, and will build up to the 5 mile one. Going to mix up my exercise a lot more so my body doesn't know what to expect. Will go for a 29PP (ish) day today, and will start afresh tomorrow after weigh-in.

Hope all goes well for wi tomorrow,sounds like lots of yummy food has been eaten! Best not to do the shred if back and knees won't be happy! Always good to mix up the exercise :0)

I was good and did a work out DVD!

Well done! It's a good feeling isn't it, when you've almost talked yourself out of (or into) something and then change your mind and do the 'good' choice! Which Billy Blanks DVD do you do? I've been having a look on Youtube but there are loads, and I think I want a 'beginners' version!

Hope all goes well for wi tomorrow,sounds like lots of yummy food has been eaten! Best not to do the shred if back and knees won't be happy! Always good to mix up the exercise :0)

Yeah - I don't want to risk the back as if it goes then I won't be able to even move, let alone do exercises!

Tuesday June 3rd

Last none-too-brilliant day of a none-too-brilliant week!

Banana for breakfast/pre work-out - 0PP

Finished up the Pizza Hut pizza for lunch with some salad - 18PP

Tea - 2 crumpets (5PP), scrape of butter on each (2PP) and 4 tspns apricot jam (5PP)

Snack - 3 pieces nougat (6PP)

Drinks - water, green tea and one cup coffee with cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 38PP
APs earned - Wii-fit 3PP, 10 mins exercise bike 1PP, 20 mins hard on the strider machine 2PP, and 2 mile walk in half an hour with Lesley Sansone 3PP? Total APs for today 9PP, total APs for the week - 27. All used up and then some!

So the week finished with all my dailies and weeklies, and all my APs well and truly gone, and a deficit of 19PP!

... and for that I stayed the same! Phew! Was sort of expecting a gain, but I suppose that it is probably catching up for last week. If I had managed to be good this week would probably have shown a loss. Oh well, it's going to be a long haul - I've still got over 6 stone to lose. I think allowing myself to have a bit of 'time off' has been good for me, because it's proven to me that I can go off plan without going completely mad and losing the plot completely - I've just eaten a bit more than I should, but kept exercising, and showing a bit of portion control, and now today I'm back in the race, and after all, isn't that what 'normal' (aka 'naturally slim') people do??

Back