My Blue Jeans Dukan Mission...

Eeekkkkkk I have it on!!!! He came home and gave me it! In pink!!
Where are you! !!!! Lol xx

Eeekkkkkk I have it on!!!! He came home and gave me it! In pink!!
Where are you! !!!! Lol xx

Woo hoo....didn't post a thing yesterday cos I pretty much didn't leave my bed....had an awful migraine....which I haven't had since I was 15!! Anyway, bit fuzzy today but back on it....

Right to more important things.....FITBIT!!!! I'm so jealous of your pink number!! My husband got me the slate grey one...why?? Cos it was £20 cheaper!!?!!? How are you getting on with it?? Did you wear it to bed? Have you done the app thing?

Xxx

Hi
Oh no! You feeling ok today!
Yes I know pink how exciting lol!
Yes got it on and it's working but it didn't work to track my sleep last night.
Oh and does it have English food? A
Oh and lastly 10,000 steps! What!! I'll never do that!! Xx

Ok. Re sleep you need to tap it rapidly until you see lights & 2 dots when you go to bed/sleep and then again when you wake up. But it logs your movements anyway. So if you forget just manually log the times of roughly when you went to sleep & woke up by clicking on sleep, then add sleep log...and ta da...it will show you how well you slept..so you can do that now...
Haven't logged my food yet on this, because I synched it with my mfp I was logging my food on there but have stopped cos I was obsessing on calories..
It's surprising...I usually do 7000 - 8000 when I don't exercise & over 10000 when I go to the gym, the the days I work are pretty low!! Sitting on my bum all day!! I've been using you tube a lot to look at clips in how to use the thing!!

Xx

Ok. Re sleep you need to tap it rapidly until you see lights & 2 dots when you go to bed/sleep and then again when you wake up. But it logs your movements anyway. So if you forget just manually log the times of roughly when you went to sleep & woke up by clicking on sleep, then add sleep log...and ta da...it will show you how well you slept..so you can do that now... Haven't logged my food yet on this, because I synched it with my mfp I was logging my food on there but have stopped cos I was obsessing on calories.. It's surprising...I usually do 7000 - 8000 when I don't exercise & over 10000 when I go to the gym, the the days I work are pretty low!! Sitting on my bum all day!! I've been using you tube a lot to look at clips in how to use the thing!! Xx

Brill! Well I've just got back from the gym and have done 5000 steps which was easy so I'm hoping my other 5000 will be just doing my normal housework etc!
I really like it though and it did register my sleep it just hadn't synced! 11 restless moments!
I'm not doing calories either as I get obsessed! Exercise is enough! Xx

Brill! Well I've just got back from the gym and have done 5000 steps which was easy so I'm hoping my other 5000 will be just doing my normal housework etc!
I really like it though and it did register my sleep it just hadn't synced! 11 restless moments!
I'm not doing calories either as I get obsessed! Exercise is enough! Xx

fab!!!! Yes it's surprising how many you get from the gym & just faffing about the house! Glad your loving it.... I love the sleep logs :) if I've done 7 hours, I'm winning!! Xxx

Morning gang,

After totally being wiped out for 2 days and not doing a 'proper' dukan week last week due to the calorie logging, it's time for action. Starting from tomorrow, full on gym, walks, water the works. Will do my food shop later in prep. Last week was a warm up :(

xxx

Hi scrumptious!
Chicken soup I did with the chicken carcass then used the stock and added loads of herbs and garlic and then shock horror added cream( lol it's low carb and I've always used it) then I just added some shredded chicken its lush and if you didn't want cream I've used cornflower and milk and it's still good. Xxx

Morning....

i don't know what is happening health wise, but January is turning out to be really pants, Ive had awful period pains mid cycle for 2 days now, worse than a normal period!!!! So didn't cook my dukan stuff yesterday and was totally pants....

so so trying again today.....sainsburys, then lots & lots of walking & cooking today....back to work tomorrow, so HAVE to be organised!!!

have a good day peeps

xxxxxx

Why are you so quite???????

Hello Mad.....and gang,

i have been totally avoiding here because I just cannot pull myself together whatsoever. Everyday I have such good intentions, and it's like its still Christmas, and I have the eff it moment.....I weighed myself this morning & I've put on 4lbs since I last weighed and now 10st 6.....this is not an excuse but for the last 7 days now I've been having awful period pains, bang in the middle of my cycle....spoke to my sis today & she said she had that once & she had a scan & she had cysts, so I'm going to the docs on Monday,.....anyway, I'm really down, full of self loathing, bloated, yukky, lethargic....you get the picture....

i need you're wise words mad to pull me back into dukan mode!! Any advice???Xxxxxx

Hello Mad.....and gang, i have been totally avoiding here because I just cannot pull myself together whatsoever. Everyday I have such good intentions, and it's like its still Christmas, and I have the eff it moment.....I weighed myself this morning & I've put on 4lbs since I last weighed and now 10st 6.....this is not an excuse but for the last 7 days now I've been having awful period pains, bang in the middle of my cycle....spoke to my sis today & she said she had that once & she had a scan & she had cysts, so I'm going to the docs on Monday,.....anyway, I'm really down, full of self loathing, bloated, yukky, lethargic....you get the picture.... i need you're wise words mad to pull me back into dukan mode!! Any advice???Xxxxxx

Oh mate you should of messaged me, you have a valid excuse for feeling rubbish so get to the doctors and get re assured it's just cause your a woman and nothing more!
In terms of dukan.... I'm not the best person as I've decided on something a little different to see if I can get more energy so maybe have a look at that. You need to re energise though so don't go throwing yourself into PP days as that's what I did and failed and fell head first into a chocolate orange lol!
Your human and no one ever said you have to be strict every day until your the size of kate moss BUT keeping posting so I know your not lying in a bed with bed sores eating you way through a branch of McDonald's!!
Get to the doctors tomorrow then have a think!
Xxxx

Morning Andi ,Mad and rest…

Feeling really bummed for you reading your posts ladies but have to ask why this is the right time for you to be on Dukan? As you know, I'm a HUGE fan and because it worked so well for me before, I have total faith (and determination) to see it through this next phase.

I'd be asking myself two things - am I in the right frame of mind to actually want to lose more weight? Andi, you are already very fit and sounds quite healthy from your exercise regime so agree with Mad that you shouldn't be beating yourself up about ANYTHING. And Mad, if you're finding something that works, then just do that. The worst and most destructive thing you can do is beat yourself up and obsess about "dieting" or following something strictly until it makes you miserable/derail - this comes from someone who spent MANY years as a teenager/20s dieting repeatedly only to lose and then gain more back until I ballooned to a ridiculous weight (grossly obese). I then took control in late 20s, lost weight (over 100lbs) slowly and sensibly over nearly 2 years and then kept off weight loss by absolutely refusing to "diet". An approaching 40th birthday made me rethink temporarily 4 years ago. I'm back this time for one reason only - I know I can do this and more importantly maintain the loss but fully believe this will be my last "diet" ever.

Dukan can be restrictive and not be for everyone. The other thing is that you really need to follow it to get the benefits (trust me, I used to get beat up on here all time by trying to introduce something "off plan".) If you're finding it that difficult, then I'd look at what DOES work for YOU… there are so many reasonable eating plans to follow that also support weight loss - I hope you ladies find that perfect solution for you. When you do, you will follow with ease and motivation.

I wish you both nothing the best!!!

Girlies.....thank you!!!!! Thank you so much for your words!!! I've just woken up & read this and has made me feel like I'm normal!!

mad....I was thinking of messaging you actually, in my 4 day binge, but didn't want to send negative vibes!!! But reading your diary I should have....I just didn't want to remind myself by posting everyday how awful I had been.....but will never not post again!!!! We have said it many a time before, but yet again, we are the same person....I have been having exactly the same thoughts regarding dukan especially PP days.....I can't do them anymore....I just can't.....and because they are so restrictive, I just hurl myself into the nearest McDonald's, so you weren't that far wrong from it, apart from the bedsores!!! Lol.....I've been thinking I'm going to do PV days everyday, occasional treat days, and just get back into my walking every day & gym occasionally....I Don't know if this will work but I know I will feel a lot more healthier...

Jess....you're post was really insightful, and the yo-yo thing is me!!! You are 100% a success story for me....you are right I need to find something that works for me, and I hope the above plan will....I think because dukan has always seen me with such huge losses and given me loads of energy initially, I think it's the ONLY diet for me....but I realise I need to tweak it to feel more healthier....

thank you again, I'm loving your support.....right a 12 hour shift left to do now, then 4 days off to sort myself out & get to the doctors!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey gang,

non on dukan week this week and probably next because I'm the big 40....so I've got a girly boozy lunch booked for Friday, with 25 girlz, it's going to be messy, then next week my actual birthday, family on meal & night away with hubby....so totally pointless starting my new plan until after then,,,,,,also going to focus on my health, booked an appointment with the docs for these weird mid cycle pains & I'm now top of the waiting list for physio on my back....God almighty I sound 80 leave alone 40!!!!
but on a good note, I'm doing yoga fusion & zumba this week and my walks every day, so break me in gentle, so it won't be too much of a shock to the system when I'm doing food & exercise in 2 weeks....

hope me your all rocking it

xxxxx

Have a wonderful birthday! You can always pick up when you have had all the fun. And good luck on Monday!!

Everyone here is so good it's been good to read everyone's threads. I'm on a 16lb loss since 5th jab I am over the moon!!

Xx

What a lovely positive thread... Andi you really are going through it at the moment and I hope the doctor sorts you out. I will reread Sosh's words regularly because there's much wisdom in them. We all hurl ourselves at a diet at the beginning of the year without necessary considering how we are feeling or being mentally prepared for it and we all know how doomed for failure such attempts usually are.

As you know, I'm doing things differently at the moment. It's not perfect, and I will record an increase this week due to too many meals out (my social life got in the way this week!), but I've stuck rigidly to my ideas the other meals of each day and have kept up the exercise which, after all, is how "normal non diet people" probably keep their weight stable.

Good luck, and keep posting! We don't really care whether you're dieting or not but love to hear from you! Your birthday plans sound fab! Enjoy and you know we're a nosey lot so let us know what's happening!!

:D
PS no more time for diaries cos gotta go to work, but good luck to all x

Hey gang...

missing you all, I'm still alive but my birthday celebrations are nearly over....I turned 40 yesterday and I've had 4 amazing nights out/meals in the run up....so pointless posting, but touching base to say Monday look out.....I literally can't wait to get back in the gym & get my feel good factor back.....just a weekend away Friday with OH to look forward to and that will end celebrations!!!!!

cant wait to catch up with you all properly next week....hope your all rocking it!!!xxxxxxxxx

Hey gang!!!!! IM BACK!!!!

Well my 40th is well and truly over. And it was shamazing!!! I love being 40 so far, only because I have had the most amazing cards presents, and celebrated with people I haven't seen for years, one of my oldest and bestest friends skyped me on the day from Sydney.....loads of great memories made :)

Now for the aftermath. I have yet again indulged to the max, but I have literally had enough. During the last 2 weeks I have toyed in my mind with adapting dukan, eating clean, buying the dukan diet 2 book, buying The High Protein Diet book, I attempted to start eating clean for 2 days, but it was a disaster, because of the choice, and ended up eating anything I liked.

But I need familiarity, to get me back to true weight quickly. Then I will see how things go in consolidation before changing anything. So I have weighed. Gulp. I was convinced I was up to 11 stone, so nice surprise when the scales showed 10st 9.0lb. Well I say nice, I've still gained 7lbs in 3 weeks, and I'm a wobbly as jelly, but I'm ok with this.

The plan. Attack for 3 days. The cruise until I get to 9st 13lbs. starting today. I want to get the dukan feel good factor back. Starting today.

Ive missed you guys. How have you all been doing???

B porridge
L scrambled eggs & ham
D stewed beef & onions

have a good day!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back