My less stress more success Juddd diary

Irish-Ozzie

Hi all,
Im new to the forum and new to Juddd. Have been doing it for the last week, im sure i lost some weight but I had scale phobia when i began diet so was reluctnat to hop on the scales. I'm counting Friday as official weigh in day.

Just a little about me, i have always been on a diet prob since secondary school but was never considered overweight - vanity pounds i used to call them. My highest ever weight was 10.12 and my lowest 8.7(for a day lol) I loved being that small but clearly not maintainable. I've always followed ww, and have success when i go to meetings but am hopeless by myself.

My goal is 8.12 and see how i go from there. I'm really enjoying juddd so far and it has stopped my stressing about food and feeling guilty. If all else fails i reckon i'd lose weight on Juddd regardless of food intake and purely down to not stressing. Im convinced my wobbly midriff is down to stress so it should be win win all round.

Yesterday was another successful down day. I fasted till 5.30pm and then had an apple and put some skimmed milk in my coffee. Dinner was at 7.15 and it consited of 165g chicken breast grilled with green leafy salad, grated carrot, cucumber and tomato follwed by 2-3 cups of coffee with skimmed milk.

I have yet to decide if today will be an ID or an UD, whatever it becomes tomorrow will be the opposite and then i'll be set for a DD on Tuesday.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you.

Irish-Ozzie x

Hi again,
Today was a lovely indulgent UD, so much so i think i'll forget the ID tomor and go straight onto a DD,can always use the ID during the week if needs be.

Exercise wise i did 25mins of interval cycling on stationary bike at home. alos went for a leisurely cyle with OH for 6miles in the gorgeous sunshine.

Here's to a great week everyone, onwards and downwards.

Hi everyone,
So its currently 12.41pm (sydney time) and nothing has touched my lips bar black coffee and water. Im still quite full from yesterdays pigginess so my punishment is a DD rather than an ID. Isnt it so much easierwhen foof is just taken out of the equstion, i mean i know if I did an ID of 1200kcals i would b tempted to eat more but when food does not feature for the most part of the day i feel more in control. Go figure!
So the schools have just broken up for end of term so i have two weeks holidays, im hoping to spend plenty of time on my fitness as i have not been able to run for the last month due to an injury so i really am hoping to get back into it again without overdoing it this time. Exercise keeps me feeling good plus helps with the whole guilty feeling associated with food.

Today's food menu i will be
An apple in evening
Salmon (130g) or kangaroo steak (200g) with salad and bns wedges
Possibly a skim cappachino (45kcal) i have yet to try these. i saw them in my local aldi so they are not a recognisibl brand but its the first time ive seen dried cappachinos packages made on skimmed milk. i thought it might be a nice nighttime snack rather than normal coffee.

Exercise wise the plan is to do 20min kettlebell workout ( advanced, core level 6) and a 3mile walk

Have a great day everyone and feel free to comment or supply me with hints/tips

Irish-Ozzie x

Hi there. Looks good. I have yet to try kangaroo steak, but we have an Australian style foodie pub about 10 miles away and we are thinking of trying it out. Is it similar to any other meat I would be more famailiar with, or is it a very individual flavour?

Got to post and run as having an early night tonight, before I fall asleep with my nose in my keyboard! Just wanted to say welcome.

Hi Moonwatcher,
Thanks for the welcoming words. I settled on the kangaroo steak in the end. I have it every so often, to me it very much like a normal steak, the trick is to not overcook it or it gets v.tough BUT it's much healthier than beef steak. Its very low in kcals, its such a lean protein and tasty too so win win.

So i see you have converted to Juddd. its hard to break free from points all the same. what i mean is that in your head your prob thinking this is so and so amount of points even if your not adding them up. That's what happens to me anyhow.

Have a good day tomor, mine is just beginning.
Irish-Ozzie

Hi all.
Its 7.15am(Tuesday) and the beginning of an UD. Miss Piggy has left the building so i'm not over indulging today. i'm going to have a typical ww day for me which would be 26pp. My plan is just to have an indulgent UD at weekends if needs be as i aways feel so much bettter when i dont eat too much sugar.

Today's food plan is
Apple
3egg white omelette with spinach, capsicum, wafer thin chicken and tomatoes.
Rye bread tuna salad sandwich
2.5 thin rice cakes with laughing cow light( cant get extra light over here)
Salmon, salad and bns wedges
Rhubarb and low fat yoghurt
Curly wurly
If still want something to eat i'll have threee caramel ricecakes with a banana on top.

Exercise wise, my back has been very sore the last three days so i certainly cant see if i can run again yet. it iso frustrating as i was just starting to recover well from my leg injury and then my back gives. dont know why its sore to be honest...sorry im digressing here. So exercise will be 20mins interval cycling on stationary bike and kettlebells dvd if my back will let me.

Irish-Ozzie

Hi all,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- There my line is drawn on yesterday, so much for my 26pp. i prob had about 80pp. grr so annoyed with myself. I know people have said the novelty of UD will wear off, im hoping sooner rather than later. I was just so flippin annoyed with not being able to do the exercise i want with my injury that i took to the sugar bigtime. I did however make myself ddo the interval wowrk on the bike and went for a 4mile walk as back was too sore for kettlebells.

So today is a lovely DD. yes you did read that right! Food this evening will be an apple followed by salmon and salad and a few coffess with skimmed milk.

Exercise is interval training on the bike and kettlebells(back feels bit better, still sore but hoping it will be ok.

Getting worried for Saturdays weigh in after sunday and tuesdays pigginess. I know i'll manage being under 500kcalss on the DD to follow its those UD that scare me. I shall be good, I shall be good, I shall be good.

This Friday it will be six weeks to my half way point where i want to be 9st.5lb by 31st may. it is also the date where my boyfriends are I are flying home to see our family and friends, so half f this Sydney stone needs to be gone by then. I'm super excited as havnt seen them in a year but i refuse to feel fat by then as i wont enjoy the trip. i will be too self-conscious so if that's not motivation enough i dont know what is.

Hi I do kettlebell's - with your back hurting - maybe check your stance/ form when your swinging etc or maybe go see a chiropractor ? Perhaps you have twisted something ?

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks for the tip Miss-Behave, i think it all connected to my leg injury to be honest. i'l give it a few more days nd go to physio if it still persists.
Hope your day is going well.

Hi everyone,
After a successful DD yesterday im awake bright and early. I always seem to wake early on those days in particular, not a bad complaint I suppose. I'm in good form this morning nad in the zone despite the non stop pain in my back even when just sitting down. I hope I can get an appointment for physio tomorrow. Its 5weeks since i've gone for a run - used to go 5times a weeks so I probably wont even be able to run for a minute when i am fully recovered......I am however thinking that maybe i'll try something new to shake things up a bit. I have interval training on my mind, its supposed to be great. i've just started doing some on my bike and find it brill. a friend of mine does all different exercises like jumping jacks, bum kicks etc 40seconds on, 10 seconds recovery and she swears by it. I could also do some interval work on a treadmill at the gym if i join. This might also suit better as since ive moved to Australia i've had to go running before 6am as its so hot during the day and i dont like leaving it till the end of the day. It would be a huge thing for me to not run anymore as ive odone it for last few years but my thinking is imgoing to have to work back up my fitness again anyhow so whether i do it now or try something different and see what the results are its all the one. Anyone have any opinions?

Wow that was a long train of thought!
So UD today and i plan on being so good. Will keep you all posted.

Irish-Ozzie

Hi again,
Just an update its 8pm on my UD and yipee for me i didnt get carried away.

i was a judd angel, will have a no fat yoghurt with stewed rhubarb followed by a curly wurly later.

exercise wise i did a 20min kettlebell dvd, day off from cardio today.

Looking forward to DD tomor it my last one before WI -ahhhhh.

Thanks Frona. Im not holding out much hope for weigh in with sunday and tuesdays epic fail.i know i mite have gain or sts as not sure yet what i can get away with but when your eating so little every other day u kind of feel like u deserve a loss. we shall see.

So yesterdays restrained UD consisted of
apple
omelette made with one egg and two whites filled with spinach, capsicum, wafer thin chicken, tomatoes and wee bit of very low fat grated cheese
another apple (mindless eating)

cup of tomato and basil soup, tuna salad sandwich on rye bread

2caramel ricecakes

165g grilled chicken breast, with salad and bns wedges

stewed rhubarb and no fat yogurt with sprinking of splenda

curly wurly.

I awake very early for a DD. its gonna be a long day til food dis evenin.

Food for today

apple
200g grilled kangaroo steak with salad and bns wedges
splash of skimmed milk in couple of coffeed at night

exercise shall be 20min interval training on bike and 20mins kettlebells workout

i joined the local library yesterday(free) so have lots if great books to get stuck into. you can borrow up to 30 items at a time!!

Thank you both. I do feel more accountable knowing i'm going to post on here so maybe just maybe i might get to my half way point for my triphome.
Frona i can totally relate with the reading, i've been reading one a day lately when not working. I awlays associate reading books with summer time but have read a lot more since i moved over here. Stupidly i've been buying all my books and selling them and buying more etc for the last year. Books here are so expensiv, dont no why i didnt try and find a library sooner. Live and learn!
I have just finished reading a book, only published this year entitled "My James". It's written by the father of Jamie Bulger, such a sad story but a good read if you get me.

Last night i started a chick-lit boot called "The Chocolate Lovers' Club" - i like it so far but man they are always eating chocolate, going to be hard to read today on a DD without drooling lol.

So WI today revealed a .5lb loss. I'll take that as I really overdid it on two days. I am however hopin next week will be 1.5lb loss just to even things up an d keep me on target. I do feel a bit smaller too. Next week will be weighing a day earlier on account of when DD falls.

Yesterday as well as planned exercise i also did a 3mile walk.

Healthy meals with a couple of treats is the plan for today. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited:
Back