Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Hi Conor

Just catching up with your diary as I've been off the radar for a couple of days - I've just been too shattered and hormonal to write anything meaningful lately.

I'm amazed that you've held it together as well as you have with all the stress of the burst pipe etc. Well done for driving past KFC - that's even more difficult that driving past McD's!

As for your son - kids have an incredible way of finding their own paths and it's really not as common as the media would have us believe that they go off the tracks and become good for nothing bums. Jeremy Kyle doesn't often feature people from good, loving homes which yours clearly is.

Hope you have a great day - catch up later :)

What an exceptionally kind thing to say. A sincere Thank You for that!

No, having teenage boys is no joke. I really appreciated being off the booze last night when my eldest refused on the phone to come home, I jumped into the car and minutes later screeched to a halt beside him & his hard mates. They were all quiet boys when I hopped out of the car. My lad was embarrassed, but he'll get over that, main thing is I got him home safe & sound. The joys of parenting!

Thanks again RussianDoll, you made my day!!!

Congrats for getting our of your Blues, it's good to know that Things Can Only Get Better ;-)

Thanks,

Conor

STS is good after 2 meals esp rice. It's just the carbs hanging on to water. It's gonna be hard to get back on but once K hits you should get that 2lb off easily.
When's you first 'do'? Can you give it a whole week of TS?

Like you said at least you're a good chunk lighter now that when you might have started in Jan :D

Just popping in to say hello Conor :)
As Ali says, you didn't do too badly to get a STS - many people report seeing gains of 6-7lbs as soon as they 're-carb'. Hope you don't find it too difficult getting back into Ketosis - I face the same problem in two weeks time when I'll be coming off Exante for my works do. This time of year is so difficult isn't it?

Your story about going out forcibly pick up your son made me chuckle...I remember giving my parents many a grey hair with similar things. At the time, I thought they were far too strict, but now I'm so grateful that they did set boundaries for me.
I know your son will thank you too :) I'm sure that's hard to focus on when you're living in the midst of raging teenage hormones though!
:D

Good morning Ali & Alex, the scales caught up to my misdeeds, and while I was pretty good all week end, I did have rice the other night & 2 scoops of mash & gravy with my divine family roast dinner last evening. While I did stray off the Exante straight & narrow, I am proud to report that although I was in a pub on both Saturday & Sunday, I kept to my Diet Coke & ice. So that was a victory for me.

However, I have gained 2 lbs in total. So this morning I'm back on the wagon. It's 05.30 and already I've had my Wallpaper Paste for brekkie, (a heaped tablespoon of Psyllium Husks & a litre of water)

Jr has got over our issue of returning home on time. The Christmas lights were turned on in Greystones last night, he met up with his mates. He was waiting for me at 19.25 when I was due to collect him at 19.30. So lesson learned there I think! I heard back through my brother that all that is bothering him is what to get me for Christmas, I told him a School Report Card with all A's will do! He knows I'm kidding.

All thats left for me to do is wish you lovely ladies (and gents) a successful week of weight loss.

Best wishes to all,

Conor

Last edited:
Here's to a good week Conor, and I hope that 2lbs gets lost and some! xx

Thanks Sarette, you ladies seem to be made of sterner stuff and can resist the temptations! Hopefully this week will be better for me.

Continued success with your endeavours,

Kind regards,

Conor

Got a new Weight Loss App. The good news is I'm 1kg inside Severely Obese (you don't want to be there), the bad news is I'm 16kg away from the Overweight threshold, so it's all to do.

I avoided the temptation to hop on the scales while I'm still struggling to regain Ketosis, however, I had my wallpaper paste, half a vanilla coffee & 1.5 ltrs of water so far, so far, it's all good.

Good news, I had to pierce another hole in my favourite belt. Happy Bunny!

Best wishes to you all to-day,

Conor

Thank you Lindopski,
I appreciate your support and candour. I have decided to take the less dramatic, more family friendly route of WS for the time being.

Previously, when I started my Exante journey, I banished my boys from the Kitchen to the Sitting Room to eat their meals while watching TV, while I kept busy and did the wash & tidy up. However, as a result, we all missed out on having our family chat over dinner. The boys are doing house exams at the moment, and they are feeling the extra pressure from the teachers. Dinner time is a chance for them to Vent, and review their day/exam performance, so I have decided to re-join them at our kitchen table for a high protein meal. It's a short term adjustment, and I will review it after the exams in 2 weeks time.

Keep up your good work,

Conor

Sounds good to me Conor, good for you! xx

Thanks Ali, that list is very helpful. I have it stuck on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door for easy reference.

While I've loved seeing the numbers drop on the scales, my little men must come first. They are edgy about the exams, so any chance I can get to ease those nerves, I take it. We had a feed of chicken pieces with lots of keto friendly veggies this evening. The boys had potato & milk also. Happy compromise all round.

Thanks for your continued support Sarette. Well done, 13.23% of you has disappeared!!!

Kind regards ladies,

Conor

Where for art thou Conor? How was your WS week? Hope the boys' exams went OK.

Hope everything is OK Conor xx

Good morning ladies, yes, all well with me and my crew. My little men are half way through their exams, and I would like to see a bit more commitment from them... ce sera, sera!!!:rolleyes:

I am delighted to report that I remained alcohol free for an entire 32 consecutive days. This has been a personal epiphany for me, and has answered a lot of concerns in my own mind. Thank God for that.;)

I attended our 'Christmas Do' on Friday night and enjoyed a few beers along with a scrumptious Thai meal. I am very pleased to report that I am back to WS and this morning I can report a STS, which is a testimony to how well the week went prior to Friday. That was fine by me. As I said, I have relaxed the Exante rules for the next week or so and am using this interlude as an exercise in weight maintainance. So far, so good. If I can achieve STS or at best some modest weight loss prior to the Christmas days, then I will be ideally set up to resume the weight-loss endeavors with renewed gusto shortly after. :)

On the exercise front, I was out with my best mate for a vigorous mountain hike yesterday. I didn't realise that we would be climbing non stop for the full 2 hours.:eek: I must admit I found it challenging to say the least. However, I survived it , only to return to cook dinner, Madras Chicken, for the family followed by a delicious snooze in front of the fire.

Heretofore, Saturday night was my night for the pub, but I decided to fore-go it last night after feeling so invigorated after my outdoor pursuit. Had I just been lounging around the house, I probably would have toddled across to the Pub, so it was a win-win.

I am off now to the Asian market to purchase more condiments & spices. The boys and I made an executive decision that this year, instead of the traditional Christmas fare, we will be having an Indian banquet instead. We have selected Lamb Bhuna, Chicken Jalfrezi & Spicy Prawn Biryani. Ho,Ho,HO!!!

Thanks again for all your comments & PM's of support & encouragement. :553:

Best of luck to all aboard the Exante Express.

Conor

Merry Christmas Conor, have a great time xx

Many Happy Returns Ali.

Greetings fellow Minimins, and Yuletide Felicitations to one & all.

Delighted to report, that while off the strict regime of Exante for the past couple of weeks, I hopped up on the scales yesterday, to record a 261.5 lbs, that's just 1.5 lbs from my lowest weight ( I believe) on this programme of 260lbs, so I am thrilled with that. No doubt, the next couple of days will alter that somewhat, but I'm not bothered. I have managed to control some of my excesses and am thrilled with the results.

Most of all, I proved to myself that I could take a break away from booze, the 32 day break leading into & for the month of November was an education in itself. I was delighted that I was still able to participate in a healthy social life.

Thanks sincerely to all you wonderful people who have assisted me in my weight loss journey to date. I have depended greatly on your support and I look forward to participating fully again once this annual silliness is over, and being a fully committed member of the Exante army of weight loosers well into 2012.

But for now, I want to take this opportunity to wish you and your family & friends a wonderful festive season. Enjoy the silliness and we'll all get get back on track soon again.

"Nollaig shona diabh go lear" X (Gaelic Blessing)

Conor

That is fab Conor, well done!!

Merry Christmas xxx

Back