ProPoints Nessa's pro points diary

Hope you are OK this morning hun. xxx

You have inspired me to have a go at the C25K. I cannot actually believe I am writing that - me running! LOL!

I downloaded the first week podcast by some bloke, but wasn't inspired by the music so I had a trawl round the web for something I liked more. I found this site Link to Runnng into shape site
so I thought you might like a look. She has loads of blog entries about her running and her weight loss, and she comes across as a 'real' person.

I've downloaded both her versions of the 9 week podcasts - she has an original and a rock version. They'll work more for me than the original one I downloaded. I can't start straight away because I need to get a good sports bra and some decent trainers - mine are only indoor low impact training shoes really, but will get them as soon as I can and then I'm ready to roll!
run.gif

So thanks hun for inspiring me to have a go.

Attachments

• run.gif
    run.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Karensplan said:
So glad you have a lovely good hubby! At least he will be there for Ryan.

Thanks Hun xx

moonwatcher said:
Lovely photos as always. although a bit concerned that the first one makes it look like you keep Ryan in a cage! ;)

What can I say about your ex? Nothing that would make it past the board censor! You are doing the best you can sweetie, and looking at your photos and what you say about your family, you are obviously doing a great job! xxx

He only gets out in a cage when he's been really bad LOL
thanks for your kind words and support xx

Jaly said:
Lovely photos! Sophie looks so much like you! xx

You are a great Mum and no-one should tell you otherwise, as for ex's, i can completely understand what you[re going thrugh, my dad is a recovering drug addict/alcoholic and i havent seen him for 4 years yet i'm planning on seeing him this christmas as he's very ill and i fear that if i don't see him and anything happens to him then i'll regret it for the rest of my life but luckily i discovered the kind of person he is for myself and it was really hard for my Mum to allow him to have contact with me and Alanna (my sis) knowing the kind of person he was but I think Ryan's happy with you and it's natural for him to adore his father, what little boy doesn't, but he'll find out the truth for himself when he's older, you're doing the right thing but not badmouthing his Dad in front of him etc xx

I hope you manage to let the stress go for a little while and have some time to relax and enjoy yourself :)

Thanks hun. Support much appreciated as always xx

bulldogdaisy said:
Morning Hun :0) gorgeous pics,kids look lovely as always :0)
Sorry to hear you've been going through it again with Ryan's Dad,like everyone has said you handle it right and when Ryan is older he will see it for himself though of course it isn't fair what you have to go through right now! Keep your chin up hun and don't let the evil ex get to you,it's his loss at the end of the day!

Thanks about the kids.
Your right it deffo is his loss I'm not bothering to contact him now, it's up to him xx

moonwatcher said:
Hope you are OK this morning hun. xxx

You have inspired me to have a go at the C25K. I cannot actually believe I am writing that - me running! LOL!

I downloaded the first week podcast by some bloke, but wasn't inspired by the music so I had a trawl round the web for something I liked more. I found this site Link to Runnng into shape site
so I thought you might like a look. She has loads of blog entries about her running and her weight loss, and she comes across as a 'real' person.

I've downloaded both her versions of the 9 week podcasts - she has an original and a rock version. They'll work more for me than the original one I downloaded. I can't start straight away because I need to get a good sports bra and some decent trainers - mine are only indoor low impact training shoes really, but will get them as soon as I can and then I'm ready to roll!

So thanks hun for inspiring me to have a go.

Yay brilliant!! If I can manage it then anyone can I'm anything but a runner lol
Sports bra is certainly needed I must remember to wear mine on Friday when I do day 2. Good luck you can do it xx

Good morning Nessa.. So sorry you're having trouble with Ryan's Dad.. What a selfish ar5eh0le!
But can I say, just look at Ryan's pix, he is one happy little boy so while I know its upsetting for him not hearing from his Dad as expected, he gets enough love, attention and support from you, your husband and his adorable little sister..
PS.. Just love the pic of him and Sophie on the car.. He looks like the proper BB (big brother) protecting his little sister.. Very cute :)

Lovely photos! Sophie looks so much like you! xx

You are a great Mum and no-one should tell you otherwise, as for ex's, i can completely understand what you[re going thrugh, my dad is a recovering drug addict/alcoholic and i havent seen him for 4 years yet i'm planning on seeing him this christmas as he's very ill and i fear that if i don't see him and anything happens to him then i'll regret it for the rest of my life but luckily i discovered the kind of person he is for myself and it was really hard for my Mum to allow him to have contact with me and Alanna (my sis) knowing the kind of person he was but I think Ryan's happy with you and it's natural for him to adore his father, what little boy doesn't, but he'll find out the truth for himself when he's older, you're doing the right thing but not badmouthing his Dad in front of him etc xx

I hope you manage to let the stress go for a little while and have some time to relax and enjoy yourself :)

Just wana give you the biggest hug.. You have such a sensible grown head on your shoulders.. Your mother must be so proud at how you've turned out.. Wonder young beautiful lady..xx

Yay brilliant!! If I can manage it then anyone can I'm anything but a runner lol
Sports bra is certainly needed I must remember to wear mine on Friday when I do day 2. Good luck you can do it xx

Must admit my first thoughts were that I'd like to have a go at it but... 'Oh no, I'll look an idiot, everybody round here knows me, they'll think whatever is she doing running, the local kids will laugh at me ( I work with most of them!), I'll just make a fool of myself', but then I though 'well s*d it, I won't feel like that on week 9!' Then, as I don't have an ipod, I thought it would be out, but I can download the podcasts to my old mp3 player, so that excuse was out of the window too! Really do need to get the gear though as would be silly not to. Determined to give it a try, so thought I would declare it on here to make myself accountable!

Right, I'm gonna sound REALLY stupid now .. whats a podcast? Lol I think I got old without realising it Haha x

Right, I'm gonna sound REALLY stupid now .. whats a podcast? Lol I think I got old without realising it Haha x

Haha, don't worry, I had to google it the first time I saw it! It's a series of files, that you download from the web - either video, music, pdf, book reader files etc. I think it originally came from 'ipod' and 'broadcast' but they can be for other equipment too - like my ancient mp3 player!

Sorry for jumping in here but if you have an iPhone there is a free couch 2 5k app that uses your own music. It just buzzes / dips the music when it's time to change. Least you get to listen to your own tunes! I'm sure you can get it for android as well?

Sorry for jumping in here but if you have an iPhone there is a free couch 2 5k app that uses your own music. It just buzzes / dips the music when it's time to change. Least you get to listen to your own tunes! I'm sure you can get it for android as well?
Yea this is the one I have.. It pulls my own music or I can use its music.. Dead handy.. The whole 3 times I used it ha

Saint-penfold said:

Hi there I use the app on my phone! Xx

Coolio! I used to have a podcast before but the music was awful & it was bad enough jogging without having to listen to crap music! I got now that's what I call running so I'm sorted!!

Hi Nessa - how are you doing today? Was thinking of you last night! Hope the good nights sleep has settled your stress!

Good luck with day 2 of the 5K - you'll be great (sports bra and all ;) )

Serha said:
Hi Nessa - how are you doing today? Was thinking of you last night! Hope the good nights sleep has settled your stress!

Good luck with day 2 of the 5K - you'll be great (sports bra and all ;) )

Hey Hun feeling much better today, I didn't sleep too great but had a phone call from the CSA they have finally issued him a warning letter and if he doesn't respond then they are going to take the money straight out of his wages so atleast Ryan will be getting the money he deserves. I've worked out since may he has under payed by £170 to each child that's £510!! In total! What a joke.

Hope you are ok? Thankyou again for your support last night xx

Glad you ate feeling better hun and that the CSA are chasing him up,no sympathy for him here,should keep his nasty nuts in his trousers if he doesn't want to pay out for his children ;0)

bulldogdaisy said:
Glad you ate feeling better hun and that the CSA are chasing him up,no sympathy for him here,should keep his nasty nuts in his trousers if he doesn't want to pay out for his children ;0)

Lol nuts!

sapphirestara said:
Lol nuts!

Yay Tara is back!! Trust the word "nuts" to get you talking!! Lol hope you are ok? Xx

Back