New to Slim&Save

Yes the silver economy are tall silver like a mirror effect and the 4 new flavours are a shiny white sachet not silver I wouldnt worry as s&s have announced weeks ago they have no economy stuff left so im guessing you got premium everything (unless you got lemon, mint & tomato soup etc) x

I have some of the economy choc mint i have 10 had 4 at the start but that's it no more cant face them, they are awful!

Chloesmom said:
Hello Lara! How are you doing? I thought we could do 12 week without adding food?

Hi yes I'm doing ok sipping away at my water! My bmi is 25 now so I think in the next few weeks I'm gonna have to add food, that's what I meant! Although I still have 16pounds to lose! Otherwise yes it's 12 weeks! Hope your day is going well? X

Hey Guys,

First week done lost 8lb! Had hoped for more but its a good start!
I too ordered to Ireland from the website and got Cafe Latte, Hazelnut, Chocolate and mixed in some bars and hot sachets.
Well i have to say the Cafe latte is lovely and so is the Hazelnut so far!

Ooohhh i see! Well done for getting to a healthy BMI. Are you going to reintroduce food gradually like on CD or just start eating but sensibly? What do they recommend on this diet? x
Brighteyes 8lb is a fab loss, thats more than half a stone! There's not many diet you could achieve that kind of loss on. Keep going hun x

Brighteyes82 said:
Hey Guys,

First week done lost 8lb! Had hoped for more but its a good start!
I too ordered to Ireland from the website and got Cafe Latte, Hazelnut, Chocolate and mixed in some bars and hot sachets.
Well i have to say the Cafe latte is lovely and so is the Hazelnut so far!

Well done 8lbs is amazing! Imagine you were on weight watchers you woulda had to deal with 2lbs loss and with the use of just as much willpower really! X

Chloesmom said:
Ooohhh i see! Well done for getting to a healthy BMI. Are you going to reintroduce food gradually like on CD or just start eating but sensibly? What do they recommend on this diet? x
Brighteyes 8lb is a fab loss, thats more than half a stone! There's not many diet you could achieve that kind of loss on. Keep going hun x

I started on Cambridge so yes I'm still going to follow those steps so use there 810 step first. Am really scared to eat tho as still 16lbs to go and don't test myself!!!

I didn't get any literature from slim and save on what to do after but the Cambridge way makes sense

How many days in r u?

X

I used to do CD too and like the way food is reintoduced so think i'll follow that too ... eventually lol. I'm 9 days in and with the weight i need to lose i'm looking at being on this diet for 9-10 months so ages to go yet, but then again 10 months is nothing if it means an extra 10 years living! What made you switch from CD to S&S? You'll be fine, just think of having to this diet again lol. I think that'll defo help me to start thinking about what i'm eating x

Chloesmom said:
I used to do CD too and like the way food is reintoduced so think i'll follow that too ... eventually lol. I'm 9 days in and with the weight i need to lose i'm looking at being on this diet for 9-10 months so ages to go yet, but then again 10 months is nothing if it means an extra 10 years living! What made you switch from CD to S&S? You'll be fine, just think of having to this diet again lol. I think that'll defo help me to start thinking about what i'm eating x

Haha, I love that- we must must must remember what we went through to lose the weight!!! And appreciate it! I'm excited to eat healthily again as there really are so many delicious meals I could have been eating all these years! And yes it's definitely worth it lets hope the days fly by ay!!! How r u feeling? U must be well into ketosis now.. I switched from Cambridge cos of the price and also I actually disliked going to get weighed! What about you? X

Thanks Girls, yeah 8lb is good just want to keep it up so nice to be under 13st something been there for 2 years!
Cant wait to get into the 11st somethings thats for sure!!!

Your all doing so well, Chloesmom well done day 9! How are you feeling.

Lara, your right about WW it would be alot slower i have tried it so many times in the past and failed!!

Bright eyes- I have a couple of things written down that help me when I get impatient and want it all now lol!! Here is one of them (it's stuff we already know really but sometimes it's good to really hear it and know it and listen):

The first month is so very hard, but you do really need to stick in there for one month to see the results. We all think that as we are not eating, the weight will drop off. Everyones Metabolic burn rate is different and generally after the first two weeks a 3-4lb is to be expected compared to a 1-2lb following conventional diet programmes. It is natural to want it to happen now and straight away, but we do need to let nature take it's natural course, your body to convert to fat burning, stop panicing and settle down into the programme, this all happens in the first month. One stone per month weight loss is the general amount most clients can expect to shed, sometimes a little more in the first month, so if you lose more than 14lb in one month it should be counted as a bonus

Xxx

You'll be in the 11's before you know it Brighteyes! Ta chick, feeling ok thanks. Energy has come back and feel less tired than i have done in ages. How you feeling? x

Oh an this one is even better and remember its all a scientific fact we just have to do it! Xx (a bit long sorry!)

In the first week of a VLCD you could lose a tremendous amount of weight, this can be seen daily on the scale, dropping 1-2 or even 3lb each day. Although encouraging and this makes you feel immediately lighter - this is not a true fat loss. This is mainly due to an empty stomach, water, and stool release.

Your true fat loss will come after day 4 when you are in Ketosis (fat burning) and the only way you can put this lost fat back on is to over consume food, carbs and sugar mainly. Your weight in the first weeks should be great and dependant on how much you need to lose, age, dieting history etc it can range from 7lb to 1stone for some clients, (the biggest loss we have recorded is 23lbs for a gentleman who was over 30stone). After this in your second week it is normal to expect to shed at least half the weight loss again, and therefore the first two week are generally a great kick start to your journey. This is one reason it is recommended to follow a VLCD plan for a minimum of 1 month.

The weeks that follow should bring a weight loss of approximately 3-4lb for most ladies and a little more for men. This generally averages out to 1stone each month and is a good bench mark for your weight loss, (if continuously lower it is worth checking your plan to ensure you are in ketosis, and not over measuring foods). Weight loss on any programme can plateau and we generally find a small loss in week 3, the body tends to think there is something wrong due to the great weight loss and may pause for a little, if this happens just continue and it should correct itself for week 4. The worst thing to do is give up or eat as this just confirms to the body that it was right to pause.

The figure of 3-4lb is quite scientific and I will try to explain - for each pound of fat you lose you need to consume 3,500 calories less than your body requires, using the concept of a VLCD of around 500kcal over a week you consume 3,500kcals. The average ladies requires 14000kcal per week / the average man 17500kcal you are therefore just over 10000kcal short of your body's energy requirement and this should bring a weight reduction of 3lb each week. Add to this the structure of the diet, ie Ketosis, Low Carb, Low Sugar etc you generally find that you can lose extra as well, especially if you can drink plenty of regular water. 3- 4 Litres of water (this must be steady through the day and not all in one go !!!)

Hope this has helped... remember if you step on the scales they can go up or down some days, dependant on water retention, stools, body temperature, time of the month and others, a weekly weight is a better idea & always remember when you feel so down that you may cave, it is scientifically impossible not to lose weight on a diet of around 500kcal - 800kcal - Both are considered a VLCD - if staying the same or not losing there is always, always another reason or the body is just resting for a short while to catch up with itself,

Yes I'm feeling ok I have finally adjusted to it it took nearly 3 weeks I've been tired n miserable up til now hehe! All for a good cause x

Lara I last did CD a couple of years ago but like you cost was an issue and also I work shifts so was sometimes difficult to go and see councilor. I miss the shakes though, they were lovely lol. x

Yes the shakes are lovely I have a few left hehe! Saving them up

All the info is on related posts (if u want to do 810) I've written it down so its:

810.. 3 shakes
Choice of one from the protein list:
- 260g canned tuna
- 175g poultry meat (no skin or fat)
- 275g white fish
- 275g quorn or tofu
- 330g reduced fat cottage cheese
- 260g plain cottage cheese
- 190g fresh tuna steak

Plus;
3 tablespoons of these vegetables:
- asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, celery, courgette, cucumber, cauliflower, green or yellow peppers, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms (not fried), spinach, spring onion.

Plus;
340ml skimmed milk

Hi Lara, I've just put on a new thread detailing frequently asked questions that will be made into a sticky. It would be really helpful if you could add the refeeding details onto that.

Sure where do I post I'm still getting around site as its new to me! X

Back