New year, fresh start, new target and new goals

That's good to know! I got round my 12 miles on Sunday without water or anything... No wonder I was wilting on the last mile!!!

In races before I've tried the energy tablets and jelly babies - which I'm a huge fan of, but nothing sugar free...

Really need to start thinking about that more. I'm hoping to do another 12 miles next weekend. As well as the park run on the Saturday - one I haven't tried before, but apparently we have a club race soon which is the same course.

Decisions, decisions.
For now I'm sticking with slimming world, however! I'm not sure the plan is completely suiting my new gym going, running loving, active lifestyle... I'm finding it very difficult to lose any weight at the moment. Although, the good thing is I'm never hungry.

I've been looking at the body coach on IG and FB quite a lot recently, and he has some great recipe ideas. And I'm thinking once I have my february half marathon out of the way, I'll give it a go... Scary thought trying something new...

Will you pay? I saw you can pay in installments so it's not actually too bad.

I signed up for his free emails and today's was ' get rid of junk from your cupboards' lol

I think he is just a cleaner way of eating isn't he? Using good fats and not having to syn them!

What sort of stuff is it? I had a nosey at him when you mentioned him last week and I thought he looked really annoying!! lol!

I think you're right to stick to what you know if you're training at the min, don't play around too much in case it has a rocky effect when you need your nutrition. I love sugar free and can't vouch for it enough but you definitely feel like total crap for a week when you do it at the start. I'm not sure if you could manage many long runs!

I have to say too, weight loss has been slow on it. Mine always has been slow but I think that's the case generally if you're doing lots and lots of exercise. It's moving in the right direction but apart from the first week (-4.5lb which was mostly post-Christmas bloat anyway) my losses have been very low. But as I said, it's not a gain and slow and steady wins the race, especially when you're fit, healthy and haven't a lot to lose.

From what I remember, you've recently upped your exercise alot? Generally your losses will be pretty low because of the water build up in your muscles (muscle repair and all that jazz), and although you may not feel like you're losing the weight, you can lose the inches.

Obviously no one can make you stick to SW if you feel it's not right for you at the minute, so do what makes you feel comfortable :)

Will you pay? I saw you can pay in installments so it's not actually too bad.

I signed up for his free emails and today's was ' get rid of junk from your cupboards' lol

I think he is just a cleaner way of eating isn't he? Using good fats and not having to syn them!

Definitely a cleaner way of eating, and also helps with what I should be eating when. You get a £20 off code when you get to the end of the 2 weeks of emails.

What sort of stuff is it? I had a nosey at him when you mentioned him last week and I thought he looked really annoying!! lol!

I think you're right to stick to what you know if you're training at the min, don't play around too much in case it has a rocky effect when you need your nutrition. I love sugar free and can't vouch for it enough but you definitely feel like total crap for a week when you do it at the start. I'm not sure if you could manage many long runs!

I have to say too, weight loss has been slow on it. Mine always has been slow but I think that's the case generally if you're doing lots and lots of exercise. It's moving in the right direction but apart from the first week (-4.5lb which was mostly post-Christmas bloat anyway) my losses have been very low. But as I said, it's not a gain and slow and steady wins the race, especially when you're fit, healthy and haven't a lot to lose.

Ha, he is a bit wacky!! I love checking his IG out though, keeps me motivated and all the food looks really good. I'm starting to try and incooperate it a little bit into what I'm doing now, and the emails you can sign up for I found fairly helpful. It's more of a getting lean thing too rather than weight loss which I've realised is fine by me. But the transformations look so good! With slimming world and weight watchers, unless you understand what exercise you should be doing, you still feel pretty blobby?

I love the foods you've been cooking with, and I would definitely think at looking at no sugar or reducing my sugar a lot! I feel like I eat far too much fruit.

I'm on my last few days on Dry January too. And you know what... I haven't missed it at all. I'm even contemplating running it over into February...

From what I remember, you've recently upped your exercise alot? Generally your losses will be pretty low because of the water build up in your muscles (muscle repair and all that jazz), and although you may not feel like you're losing the weight, you can lose the inches.

Obviously no one can make you stick to SW if you feel it's not right for you at the minute, so do what makes you feel comfortable :)

Completely agree, and I've seen it so many times before, I just feel like there is a better way of eating to help with muscle repair and aiding fat loss.

Far too easy to fall off plan!! I've pigged out all weekend on cake and chocolate. :-( oooops

Thanks. I'm trying but this morning showing a full 5lb gain!!! S**t!

Have you ran recently jen?

I did 4.4 miles last night on the track and 6 miles last thursday. Didn't run over the weekend as was in Middlesbrough visiting friends... Hence the massive off plan binge!

There is not a chance in hell that you've put on 5lb of fat in a week Jen - don't worry about it. A few days of lots of water and some good food and you'll have shifted most of that!

Must have been a good weekend though, eh? ;) x

I think I'm literally just made of cake after this weekend. I wasn't even fussed about drinking which suprised me! Just gobbled a load of mini donuts, brownies, cupcakes, chocolate and the like.

Yesterday was a full day on plan! :)
Metafit in the evening too, with a bit of abs after.
Even finished the day with a mayflower curry and multigrain porridge supper.
Very pleased with myself. I've also decided to drive tomorrow night and stay off the alcohol. I've felt so good all of January, and I know I haven't really had many nights out, but I think if I can get used to nights out without the wine, I will feel a lot better for it.

It's official. No more slimming world for me!
Over the next few weeks, I'm aiming to eat healthy meals, snack on fruit and veg and have the odd treat here and there. I'm officially not fussed by alcohol anymore either. I had a 2% fruit lager on Saturday night, mainly because my friend has given me 4 of them, but apart from that, I've not had a drink since 31st January...?

My next plan after all the goings on in February is the 90 day SSS plan, from "the body coach", he's all over social media atm, so most people have probably seen some of his transformations and crazy recipe videos. I had a think about it for a few weeks before signing up, but this will work perfectly with what I want to do.

First cycle is HIIT and then goes on to weights after that. I've received my plan, so starting to gradually buy in all the bits I haven't used before. Protein?! Coconut oil. Low carb noodles. Meat, meat and more meat. Tupperware.
The list is endless. It's probably going to work out expensive,and I've had a few people who don't think it's worth it, but to me, it's worth a go, and it reads and looks like it could get my feeling great in my skin.

Anyway! I will still post on here and let you all know how I get along with it.

I assume that means 31st Dec ;) Otherwise it's only 10 days since your last drink, however, in my life that is def an achievement!!! I have too many glasses of vino!!

I will be following with close interest Jennie. I think any move within diets/exercising as long as it's healthy is no bad thing. A change is as good as the rest as they say!

I def find eating cleaner more pricey but mainly due to buying nuts/seeds/oils/butter - generally meat and veg have been ok for me as I've been stocking up on veg in Lidl and meat at the local butchers and markets.

I would make a list and do a bulk buy off one of the whole food sites, that's what I did and it was really useful. Free P&P if more than £50 too. Just make sure it does work out cheaper than local places (i found tamari soy sauce was pricier off the site than tesco!)

It's good though for nuts, seeds, cinnamon, chia seeds, cacao powder/nibs, oils etc.

Are you starting in March? x

Wow jen. You went for it! I love the body coach ever since you mentioned him!
Definitely interested to see how you get on. His meals look fab!!

Back