Discover Nicola's 2012 'Get me to goal' diary !

Hope it's going ok hun :) Hope you get time to have a sit down and a rest xxx

Hi Nic :) Keep up the good work xxx

Thank you very much carly and angel...
I'm off to the doctors this morning, been havin chest pain, and can't stop bloody coughing!! I also seem to get a strange rash on my body after a couighing fit :( see what he says anyway :) will update later!!

eeeek doesnt sound very nice, hope you get on ok at the drs...feel better soon girlie :)

Hope u feel better soon xx

Hi well been to the doctors sheesh did i get a telling off!! Apparently ive had a chest infection for months???? how did i not know about this?? So i have got 1 weeks of Penicillin for that.

I also had an allergy test on my arm (as i often break out in a rash after coughing/eating) and i have an allergy to pet hair (i have two dogs :( ), pollen and nicotine!! I didnt understand the nicotine thing, i dont smoke, however my bf does and we live in the same house...so then, here comes the shocker...she said well if its showing on your skin as an allergy it is pretty serious! :eek: i am feeling the affects of passive smoking :eek::eek: and it needs to stop immediatly :eek::eek::eek:

I really, really did not think my bf smoking in the house would cause me to have health problems?? But having said that, he smokes in the car, bedroom, living room etc...:eek:

So for the allergies i have to take Piriton day and night for 3 months and see if this improves my symptoms, and also the Penicillin for a week. If no improvement i have to go for a chest xray to make sure my (whatever its called going to my stomach) hasnt been damaged by having the chest infection so long!!! :confused:

My body is so strange!!!

But i've deffo heard the doc loud and clear, this smoking near me malarky has to stop!!! :eek:

Breakfast
30 Weetabix Minis, fruit and nut + semi skimmed milk - 3.5pts

Lunch
Lettuce, Onion, tomato - 0pts
Cheese - tblspoon - 2pts
Salad cream - 0.5pts
Seabrook crisps, canadian ham - 2.5pts

Tea - not sure yet but will probably have some soup or pasta as im still not feeling well :-(

Snacks
2 x mini milky bar - 3pts
Galaxy hot chocolate (only had half too sickly) - 2pts

Total - 13.5pts so far

At least u kno now lovely! Take care and make sure u get better! Enjoy soup (and maybe some Icecream to soothe?) xx

Well, I feel absolutly horrendous :-( Had such bad chest/stomach pain, earache, being sick last night!! Not had a wink of sleep, feel so upset today I just want the pain to stop, but I just need to let the antibiotics take hold :-( Rang work and told them I wasn't going in today, I don't feel fit enough to go in... Back to bed for me... Xx

Get well soon xx

feel better real soon lovely, get plenty of rest and drink lots of water..thinking of ya!

Hope it's just a one-day thing and clears ASAP :)

Ahh no!! Hope you feel much better soon sweety! Take it easy xx

Hope you feel better soon :)xx

Thanks for you get well messages girls and guys :) Managed to get a few hours kip last night but still tossing and turning :( My chest aches when i breathe in and earache is very bad, but antibiotics must be working as pain not nearly as bad as it was yesterday.

I dont think my body likes me - i can never just have a bit of a sniffle, or a headache, i have to have full blown pain that knocks me sideways!! I guess you could say when im ill, im ILL!! :(

Yesterdays menu consisted of;

Dry weetabix minis - 2pts
Warburtons thin - 1.5pts
Ex light cheese triangle - 0.5pts
Warburtons cheese & onion crisps - 2pts

Grand total - 6pts :( and i really struggled eating this too!!!

Back in work today, although i really wish i wasnt....

tut tut, make sure you drink LOTS today, even if ur not managing food, make sure you drink. You shoulda stayed off today young lady! dont make yourself worse by being at work. I used to hate being off sick, so I would go into work and hope to be sent home, then they couldnt say i was just chucking a sicky ;) hope you feel better really soon!

tut tut, make sure you drink LOTS today, even if ur not managing food, make sure you drink. You shoulda stayed off today young lady! dont make yourself worse by being at work. I used to hate being off sick, so I would go into work and hope to be sent home, then they couldnt say i was just chucking a sicky ;) hope you feel better really soon!

I know :jelous: I have been a good girl with my water intake though, 3 litres yesterday :) and plenty more today as i am just not hungry, but i will force myself for you hehe :) xx

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Walkers cheese & onion crisps - 3pts
Morrisons salad bar - 5pts
Activia snackpot - 1.5pts

Tea
2 x warburtons thins toasted - 3pts
LF spread + marmite - 0.5pts

Snacks
Few mini weetabix - 2.5pts
Crunchie - 4pts

Total - 20pts

Last edited:
Hi Nicola! Hope your feeling much better hun. Definitely going to follow your thread:) you diary looks yummy, wish I was a fan of salad and veggies like you though. Going to try and cook no point veggies with each meal to bulk them out:) xx

Back