Nicola's diary 1/1/12

make sure you have plenty good snacks handy today ;)

Ah Nicola that's annoying but u have done so well getting back on it after ny I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I am honestly finding it really hard so have lots of admiration for u xxxx and I know u will totally make up for it today so one little blip won't even matter xxxx

Thanks Ellie I'm on it with plenty of protein in the fridge and hope you find it easier soon Emma thanks for your message x

Good day I hope Rednicola - I'm sure the exercise went to plan and the food too - bet you rocked it young lady!

trudyc said:
Good day I hope Rednicola - I'm sure the exercise went to plan and the food too - bet you rocked it young lady!

The exercise went to plan but afraid the food didn't ....hopefully got it out of ny system now though ....been invited to the little girl I used to nanny for's 18th in feb (cant believe it) so i really need to FOCUS and stop the self sabbotage !!! would love to be back to target weight for then ....anyway off to throw all the biscuits in the bin the boys don't need them and I only end up eating them :(:(

Thanks for keeping the faith in my trudy really means a lot ...xxx

11/1/12 Day 11

Need to get rid of these damn cravings so not sure I should but gonna do a few days of attack just to clear my system out !!!!!

Sons going into hospital today to have four teeth out so he can have a brace fitted so a bit out of routine but won't let that stop me ....anyway off to throw all the biscuits in the bin so I can't be tempted !!!!

A

B- scrambled eggs
L- sliced beef
Total 0%
T- prawns & steak
2x Total 0%
S- fromage frais with oatbran
E- 60 mins interval training

Did it yayyyyyyy although a piece of bread nearly jumped in my mouth !!!!

Last edited:
Whitey27 said:
Keep it up - you know u can do it. I'm sure the cravings will go once you're in you routine - that's what I'm telling myself anyway ;)

Thanks I'm really trying again today god knows what came over me I was so on it !!!!! How you doing ??

B- scrambled eggs
L-
T-
S-
E- 30 mins interval training

If I might make a suggestion... I work out ALL my meals for the week in advance. A little obsessive, I grant you, but it's sooo much easier to follow.

These gaps you have in your menu leave you too much leeway when you get there, feel peckish, and find something...

Good luck! Getting back into it is hard but once you're there, it's GREAT :D

Maintainer said:
If I might make a suggestion... I work out ALL my meals for the week in advance. A little obsessive, I grant you, but it's sooo much easier to follow.

These gaps you have in your menu leave you too much leeway when you get there, feel peckish, and find something...

Good luck! Getting back into it is hard but once you're there, it's GREAT :D

Thanks I know what you mean been a bit of a strange day today been at hospital with my son so wasn't sure what I'd be doing but your right I'm gonna get so organised its untrue x and yeah I was feeling so good till my Christmas blip need to get that focus back want to feel great again !!!!

12/1/12 day 12

Did it yesterday thank god !!!!

A

B- Ham
L- chicken
Total 0%
T- steak
Total 0%
S- oatbran with spices & from frais
E-

That's my girl, back on track and moving forward. You are so gonna be at target by Feb!!!! Maintainer said it all - get organised! Make sure you have protien snacks EVERYWHERE to keep you going when you feel the need to eat the biscuit or the bread - they are DEVILS FOOD!!!! LOL! I always find excuses to break my diets when I am off the rails, children being sick, 'someone' made me v cross, the horses are misbehaving, it's a birthda, party, social get together etc etc - I can come up with loads of reasons to break it but honestly it drives me nuts and the high I get when I resist is second to none!!! So on and up (or down) Rednicola - and of course I have faith in you!!

trudyc said:
That's my girl, back on track and moving forward. You are so gonna be at target by Feb!!!! Maintainer said it all - get organised! Make sure you have protien snacks EVERYWHERE to keep you going when you feel the need to eat the biscuit or the bread - they are DEVILS FOOD!!!! LOL! I always find excuses to break my diets when I am off the rails, children being sick, 'someone' made me v cross, the horses are misbehaving, it's a birthda, party, social get together etc etc - I can come up with loads of reasons to break it but honestly it drives me nuts and the high I get when I resist is second to none!!! So on and up (or down) Rednicola - and of course I have faith in you!!

God trudy I could have written that myself ......always looking for an excuse and must have used all of those unfortunately not the horses one though :(:( your right life is one big excuse and something will always get in the way on a daily basis but your right the feeling of beating it and learning a different way of dealing with its obstacles is definately the way forward x

Thanks trudy your the best and yeah onwards & downwards for us both x :)

Sorry guys need a few days away to sort my head out :(:( I'll be back on Monday x

Oh crap - sorry for the language - hope you feel better Rednicola - stop beating yourself up - if you need a break maybe it is a time to go onto conso for a little bit so you limit the damage but feel a bit less restricted and therefore hopefully more in control. Fingers crossed. Thinking of you! x

Hey Nicola, really hope you're ok. I've done what trudy suggested. I was really struggling this week and just couldn't face alternate pp days so have switched to consol and it's working ok so far. I think pp was just too much for me after the Christmas excess xxxx anyway, take all the time u need. Really hope you're ok xxx

Thanks Emma & Trudy ....yeah I'm fine the choc monster has just taken me over and my willpower is shot and I kept writing my diary then blowing it and felt I was cheating everyone !!!!!!

Anyway chilling this weekend and re-reading my book and reminding myself why I want to lose this last 12lbs and how much better I feel when on plan x

And if all else fails I think that's a fabulous idea about doing Conso Trudy x

Well done too Emma it's tough getting back on it and so glad you've managed to find what's working for you, much better than doing what I've done !!!!!!

I'll definitely be back Monday as this way is the only way that works for me and it makes me feel so much better xxx

Good girl Rednicola, remember no one is putting pressure on you to 'do well' - only you can make yourself feel bad and you have nothing to beat yourself up about. Find what works best for you and go for it. There are many ways to Rome and we all get there in the end if we want to and I know you do want to........... but it's not a race or a test !!!! Enjoy the weekend and chill out! x
BTW - I really do believe the PP Thursday thing is a real winner cos if you think about it, on average, when eating our old 'normal' way we would gain 2 - 3 lbs a week on average so that PP day would wipe that out - simples!!!!! x

Thanks trudy and I know the only pressure is the pressure I put on myself xx thank you for all your words of wisdom it's really meant a lot and has really helped ....and yeah they're are many ways to Rome but as a serial dieter who has tried everything I know that Dukan is the one for me ...I'm ready to come back tomorrow and take it a day at a time x

Can't thank you enough x

15/1/12 DAY 1 RE-START !!!

Right I've picked myself up dusted myself off and after reading on here that a few of us are having struggles I've realised I'm not alone !!!!!

I've decided that I hate feeling like I do when I've eaten junk all sluggish and tired and that clean eating really is the best thing for me as before Christmas I was feeling fantastic so here I am ...I've removed all pressure and just want to feel better x

A
B- prawns
L- chicken
Total 0%
T- chicken
2x Total 0%
S- oatbran with from frais
E- 30 mins xtrainer & 15 mins on the powerplate

Last edited:
Back