Nicola's diary 1/1/12

16/1/12 DAY 2

Well I survived day 1 probably had too much dairy but after the days I've had it's 110 x better !!!!!

A
B- bacon & eggs
L- tuna & cottage cheese yum
Total 0%
T- ham & cottage cheese
2x Total 0%
S- gallette
E- 70 mins interval training 20 mins fast hillwalking on tread, powerplate, body pump, 2x Zumba

Really need to cut down on the dairy !!!!!

Last edited:
Yay - hope you have another great one today. xxx

Thanks trudy taking it a day at a time but think I've talked sense into myself thanks to you x

17/1/12 DAY 3

Survived to day 3 :):)but finally plucked up the courage to jump on the scales after my week of bingeing last week and OMG !!!!!! Back to square 1 how could I be so stupid :(:( and when will I learn !!!!!

A
B- salmon
L-
T- steak
Total 0%
S- oatbran in some form ????
E-

dont fret about it .... the damage is done... you have the tools to lose the weight so dont worry it will come back off :)

Nicola, I really feel like it's ME talking when I read some of your posts. I completely empathise chick. I'm actually addicted to chocolate and find it REALLY hard to resist. I've been doing ok but not perfect and because I hadn't strictly followed the diet on certain days, it showed on the scales. Didn't put any on but it's very slow. I said to myself out loud today, "I wish I hated chocolate". I mean it, too! I have loads of weight to lose though. You have 12lbs chick, you can do it. Just remember there's no race and I think I speak for everyone here when I say, I admire you for posting your ups and downs. It inspires people. So, hats off to you <3

ellie1969 said:
dont fret about it .... the damage is done... you have the tools to lose the weight so dont worry it will come back off :)

Thanks Ellie xx

Gosh you were soooooo brave to step on the scales Rednicola. The scales don't matter a jot though. This is more to do with how you feel and getting your head round your eating. The weight is irrelevant. If you feel fine at this weight then you should work to maintain it - if you don't only you can do something about it and you will if you want to. I know you can do it. Take care of yourself and well done for the last couple of days they can't have been easy.

EGS said:
Nicola, I really feel like it's ME talking when I read some of your posts. I completely empathise chick. I'm actually addicted to chocolate and find it REALLY hard to resist. I've been doing ok but not perfect and because I hadn't strictly followed the diet on certain days, it showed on the scales. Didn't put any on but it's very slow. I said to myself out loud today, "I wish I hated chocolate". I mean it, too! I have loads of weight to lose though. You have 12lbs chick, you can do it. Just remember there's no race and I think I speak for everyone here when I say, I admire you for posting your ups and downs. It inspires people. So, hats off to you <3

It's a nightmare isn't it i wish i hated it too !!!!! I can't just have 1 of anything that's my problem and I end up eating everything in sight ...really wanted to
Change my habits this year I'm fast approaching 40 and don't want to be like this forever !!!

Thanks for reading my diary it helps me to vent and get it off my chest but I live in hope that I'll only have positive diaries to write from now on lol ...but yeah no race just don't want to reverse lol x

Good luck to you we'll get there and praying that in a few months we'll be saying YUK chocolate !!!!! Occasionally miracles do happen ;);) xxx

Nicola, my sister (who is 41) has been up and down with her weight most of her life. She has been about 15st 3lbs at her heaviest in adulthood but has also been 9st 10lbs at her lightest. She was 15st 3lbs in June 2010 when she decided enough was enough. She hadn`t heard of the Dukan Diet at all but she started to eat only protein. She also cut out milk though. Black coffee instead. From June 2010 until December 2010 she was really strict and got down to 10st 7lbs. I was going to do it with her but I failed :( I try to tell myself if I do it strictly, in six months, I`ll be feeling like my sister does. :) It`s easier said than done though isn`t it chick?

We CAN do it and we WILL :)

I watched a programme once where a woman who was addicted to chocolate was kind of hynotised into imagining chocolate with worms and bugs crawling around inside it. She reckons she hated it after that. I`ve tried imagining that but I also imagine just picking out the flies and bugs LOL.

I could do with that !!!! But Like you im sure I'd dust everything off and pick everything out of It if i really wanted it !!!!!!

20/1/12

A
B- scrambled eggs & bacon
L- tuna & cottage cheese
Total 0%
T- chicken
2 x Total 0%
S- oatbran porridge with cinnamon
E- 90 mins of bokwa !!!!

Last edited:
Pray tell WHAT is bokwa??? Sounds very energetic anyway. Hope you doing good Rednicola and feeling back on track. Menus looking great, fingers crossed for you xxxx

trudyc said:
Pray tell WHAT is bokwa??? Sounds very energetic anyway. Hope you doing good Rednicola and feeling back on track. Menus looking great, fingers crossed for you xxxx

Thanks trudy had a bit of a struggle again hence my lack of a diary but yeah need to do this feeling yukky and so bloated !!!! I even contemplated another diet plan but Have seen sense as i felt so good on this plan prior to christmas :):)

Haven't a clue what bokwa is it's being launched at my gym tonight it's a dance thing I think but I'll let you know later if I'm still alive lol x

Hey Nicola, glad to see you posting again and hope it all goes well. Gym class definitely sounds interesting!! I went this morning before work and am now feeling shattered! Role on the weekend.... Xxx

Whitey27 said:
Hey Nicola, glad to see you posting again and hope it all goes well. Gym class definitely sounds interesting!! I went this morning before work and am now feeling shattered! Role on the weekend.... Xxx

Thanks Emma really messing about don't know if I'm coming or going to be honest ...January has been my worse month ever :(:( having one more go at Dukan hoping a good result will give me the push I need x

Hey how fab are you going before work not surprised your shattered xx

Ahhh sorry to here that - I just think jan is a rubbish month. You end up putting loads of pressure on yourself because of the Christmas blow out and it's just such a shock to the system. Anyway, you know you can do it and you know it works - just about getting in the zone. Although unfortunately there is no magic answer for that one!!! Xxx

Whitey27 said:
Ahhh sorry to here that - I just think jan is a rubbish month. You end up putting loads of pressure on yourself because of the Christmas blow out and it's just such a shock to the system. Anyway, you know you can do it and you know it works - just about getting in the zone. Although unfortunately there is no magic answer for that one!!! Xxx

Your so right Emma ....I should be in the zone I've got a lovely new gym membership a holiday in 4 weeks and an 18th party on the 11th feb for the little girl (obviously not very little anymore) that I used to nanny for .... So
You'd think I'd be on it ...so why is it all I think about is chocolate lol x

It's weird isn't it - sometimes I can just get totally in the zone and nothing seems to tempt me but other times I can barely hold out for a day. Anyway, how r u getting on lovely? Hope you're having a nice weekend. I've just been for a run with my Boyf and feel ready for bed I'm so tired!! xxx

Back