not any more, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah you cant love ive looked :) doesnt bother me x

LOL poor Jim :) - I am having to try very hard not to like EVERY post!!

Well today is not going to finish too well, I didn't want to post much about this as I really cannot cope with a lot of people being sympathetic and nice to me as it will just make me cry, so restrain yourself folks, pretty please.

I found out earlier in the week that one of my friends/ex colleague/boss has only been given weeks to live, she has cancer which has now gone to her liver. Such a lovely person you could not hope to meet and I am struggling especially after it being so soon after losing Dad. Am going straight from work tonight to see her, she is in a hospice local to us, apparently a very nice place (hubby says it is how the nhs should be). Spoke to her the other day and she sounded very sedated and to be honest I am scared of going but know I have to, would not forgive myself if I did not pluck up the courage to see her when she has coped with it all so bravely. Hubby says she is coping better than the rest of the family which is typical of her. It is so sad, she is only in her 50's and very young grandchildren who she loves dearly, sometimes I have to wonder about what the man upstairs is thinking................

How the visit goes might influence alcohol tonight, who knows.

Please don't be too nice, cos I just can't bear it.
Bren xx

I've often wondered why the bad & sad times seems to come in batches yet the good cannot!

You're doing the right thing going to see her even though it is daunting in itself.

Thinking of you xx

All im going to say is I love you and you know im on the other end of the phone if you ever need me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Life is very hard sometimes Bren

Good decision going to see her. I always regretted not visiting my step mum due to distance.
I was told last week someone I've known for over 20 years has just been diagnosed too and he's only 50. Very sad but in my case more of an acquaintance these days.
Chin up lovely. I think we need to bump the good news thread don't you?!! Xxxx

Bren my love you are doing the right thing in going to see her. It will be moments like these that you will treasure later.

Don't be afraid to ask about what she's going through, the people who are dying are usually the ones who are most sanguine about what is happening to them (at least, that was my experience of Mum and two very close family friends).

They just want people to be normal around them, not stilted and formal, and have a laugh - so, you (being the lovely person you are) are bound to bring a smile to your friend's face. That is a gift to all of you.

Oh dear, now I'm all teary at work :)

Love you xxxxx

Oh Bren. You're good and brave going to see her. Everyone else has said it better than me. Don't forget to think about/look after yourself, too. Love & hugs xxx

Not going to say anything nice. But here are some ((hugs))
Xxxxxxxxxx

Oh, Babes - come here :hug99:. See, a hug isn't technically saying somthing nice ;)

xxx

Are we not allowed to say anything nice at all? Okay. Your feet smell.

....but I would still ((((hug)))) you.

your hair looks nice today. oh, that's nice too isn't it? hmm.

you might have cleaned your shoes before you came in here. is that better?

1.gif

Marty, am wearing slippers pet :)

Well it was in some ways much worse than I expected and in other ways better, so difficult to explain. I do plan to go again next week.
I just feel so bad for her daughters and her husband, we sat and talked as various people went into see her so that she was not overwhelmed by too many at once, they are in bits but trying to stay so brave and strong it is heartbreaking.

You lot are lovely, do you know that, and I love you tremendously xxx

:hug99:it's because you're lovely that people care so much, Babes

xxx

Morning Bren xxxxxx

That must have been hard Bren, but it was a good thing to go visit your friend. Sorry I haven't been here this week and missed this. Big hugs to you lovey - what a sad time for you.

Hope you did get out to your gigs too, and hope you get a big loss on Monday to help you along.

Morning Bren. Hope you managed to get to a gig or 2
Xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back