O/T - Jobs/Careers

I'm a Poject Manager unofficially, officially my job title is a Capture and Plan manager...i started my new job in a highways consultancy company on tuesday, and its the end of day 2 and i love it!
Wouldnt change it for the world! :):)
xx

This is so interesting.........everyone's work sounds interesting!

Ohh how lovely to see what people do for work .. , Since leaving school /college i was in customer service for call centres hated it then become a trainee buyer for few years then buyer but the stress was amazing too much for such little pay!
So decided to temp and study for my dream job of being a fertility / relationship counsellor which i am doing now,
my hubby is also following his heart and next year going to university to be a diagnostic radiographer ... i am so happy that in less than 3 years we will be doing our dream jobs ! took years to know what their were and they did change a few times

I've been looking at "at home courses" all week and still cannot work out what I want to do.. I'll be 25 in aug and really think I should know what I want by now :(

HELP!!!!

Any careers advisors on here lol?????

I trained as a Speech and Language Therapist , really struggled with Uni especially the final year as had to resit placement. Graduated in 2005, worked for a year and hated it-was rubbish at it too. I then quit and returned to my job (which I got during a year out of Uni) as a community living assistant with Adult learning disabilities-I love it! ,work in a great team but its still just a job!
Im currently on maternity leave and going back in Sept.

I've been looking at "at home courses" all week and still cannot work out what I want to do.. I'll be 25 in aug and really think I should know what I want by now :(

HELP!!!!

Any careers advisors on here lol?????

Have you ever done a computer questionaire thing? I remember doing it at school, it asks you lots of questions then comes up with a few possible careers. maybe theres an online one? or at job centre?

Thanks for that I'll have a look now - I done something like this the other day but wasnt very helpful... See if I can find a better one...

"I should know what I want by now :( "

-----------------------
One day (unless I go earlier) I'll be a little old lady sitting in a chair in a care home with a crocheted blanket over my knee.. I'll have my cup of tea brought to me, and I'll look forward to a nice dinner and a bit of telly.. maybe have a good view of the garden and some flowers which I'll spend days watching bud, grow, develop, bloom, then be replaced by the next generation of flowers....

..at that time, I'll look back on my life.. I'd like my memories to be of feeling relaxed and comfortable with where I was up to in my life... to not mind not knowing what the future held, to feel free from pressures and stresses from having believed I 'should have already' done x y and z...

I feel pleased that I discovered the joy of country walks in my fifties, and, in my 60s I learned that I like painting pictures..

I see the young people so concerned about what they should and shouldn't be doing, and wish I could tell them, that they'll be me one day, and then they'll have all the time in the world :)

-----------------------------

Right! Enough of my little fantasy! I have work to do, bills to pay, deadlines to meet! Hahaha!! :D I can't be sitting round here enjoying my life, I have things to do!!! :D

Vxxx

Last edited:
I work is a HMRC call center. I manage 12 team leaders who in turn manage 11 staff each. I also make Bridal Jewellery and Tiaras.

Teacher. Stress overload.

I work for tax credits helpline and overpayments helpine, i think of it as a career, I want to stay there for good there plenty of scope for promotion and were treated really well. It wasnt my dream job tho... Id prefer to be a talentless reality TV star making millions hehe but on a serious note, I would have loved to have been a dentist xx

I work is a HMRC call center. I manage 12 team leaders who in turn manage 11 staff each. I also make Bridal Jewellery and Tiaras.

hey which centre pixie, x

I "work" as a student nurse, supplemented by part time waitessing.

Although i love baking. If I'd had the financial backing a few years ago I would have opened a cafe selling fresh home baking, sandwiches with homemade bread, homemade soups etc /sideline in affordable wedding cakes.

I "work" as a student nurse, supplemented by part time waitessing.

Although i love baking. If I'd had the financial backing a few years ago I would have opened a cafe selling fresh home baking, sandwiches with homemade bread, homemade soups etc /sideline in affordable wedding cakes.

ooooohhhhhhhh! Wish you hadn't mentioned those...lol! xx

Sorry I am a foodie. :D

Me too! :sigh:

I think the thing I am missing most is creating dishes! I have a dream of having a cupcake empire.
Ellie xx

contrarytintagel;I bake cupcakes every week and take them into work - so nice to see smiley faces! :) :p[/QUOTE said:
WOW your brave what will power you must have to do that !!

funnily enough I do similar things on CD, I find it strangely easier knowing "I can't have just one" and then "pull it back".

Back