Other diet bars

If anyone is interested in trying these Tesco are currently selling their meal replacement bars at £2.38 for a pack of 3 or 2 packs of 3 for £3.50. Bit of a bargain so I picked some up today.

debs78 said:
If anyone is interested in trying these Tesco are currently selling their meal replacement bars at £2.38 for a pack of 3 or 2 packs of 3 for £3.50. Bit of a bargain so I picked some up today.

Debs what flavours are they? X

They have chocolate crisp and raspberry crisp. I haven't tried one yet but they look nice. I also picked up a couple of BL bars as they are on offer for £1.50 each and had one today. I had the choc crunch one tonight and it was actually quite tasty. A bit on the expensive side but I think I'm going to pick some more of these up.

I have also have had the teso's bars and I don't know why but I don't seem to be able to use them in the same way as the exante bars!!!!!!! I only ever had the exante bars as a meal replacement but I am craving the tesco's ones in the same way as a mars bar or something so I'm not buying them anymore. Shame cos they are nice and would add interest to the diet if used correctly!!!!!!

So we can have ASDA bars and BL bars? Are there other ASDA bars which I could get confused with??? eg. if I went into ASDA would it be obvious which ones to get???? Sorry, I am having a fuzzy head day today!!!

The asda bars look like this, I have them instead of my Exante bars and treat them exactly the same x

Attachments

• image-3460396.jpg
    image-3460396.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 173
  • image-3858326233.jpg
    image-3858326233.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 175
That's so helpful! Thanks SarahBx!

Just as a warning I bought a couple of the BL breakfast fruit and nut bars yesterday. Thankfully I looked at the back as they actually have a far higher amount of carbs and sugar than the other bars, more than enough to kick me out of ketosis so they have been banished to the back of the cupboard :eek:

Asda had strawberry and yogurt or chocolate and toffee ones £2.48 for THREE!!

Or BL breakfast bars, mint fudge and choc crisp £1.50 each

They also have ready made shakes which is good to know. I would never use them as a rule but Ive been caught short at work a few times. Id rather opt for that than have nothing or make a bad choice

Asda do ready made shakes?? Not slim fast? Just I could really so with some for work....one of the only things I miss about CD and their handy little tetra packs!!

Tescos do but not sure about nutritional info. They have 3 for GBP2.00 at mo

xx

debs78 said:
Just as a warning I bought a couple of the BL breakfast fruit and nut bars yesterday. Thankfully I looked at the back as they actually have a far higher amount of carbs and sugar than the other bars, more than enough to kick me out of ketosis so they have been banished to the back of the cupboard :eek:

I wouldn't say they're FAR higher they're very slightly different but if you're carb sensitive then maybe it would affect you. Thankfully they're so slight they certainly never made any difference to me and Exante say they're a suitable substitute

Asda do ready made shakes?? Not slim fast? Just I could really so with some for work....one of the only things I miss about CD and their handy little tetra packs!!

Stay clear of the shakes as they are loaded with sugar like slimfast

I bought the Tesco bars & after eating a raspberry one noticed it has citric acid in it -does that mean we shouldn't be eating them??

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Am popping into Asda tomorrow to get some cheap trousers....don't want to pay too much for clothes now as will be going down is sizes quickly, over the next 18 weeks!

Will try a couple of the bars over the weekend. Thanks for the info.

The asda bars are lovely and I love the exante ones but would have asda any day, saves on the pennies to

I bought some Tesco ultra slim shakes ages ago. I was going use them up when my Exante runs out, but I think after reading this thread, I will give it a miss.
Marge
:)

Back