Other diet bars

The reason I'm using the tesco bars is money, thanks to the xmass offer enough shakes for the next 10 weeks but only enough bars for the next 5 - I stocked up on the tesco bars instead of the exante as they were half the price and didn't have to mess around with delivery.

Just poting to say thanks to Starlight and to bump this up!

The bars are pricey. Both me and DH like taking them to work with us, so much easier, although I do long shifts too and take my shakes and eat half the bar on the way home and the other half at home with a cup of tea.

We have run out though, and as you say, if the carbs are sugar are like for like, and they are cheaper then its a no brainer really.

How did you find them Starlight?

hey! been flicking through this subject and was wondering if anyones been using the tesco bars or biggest loser ones with exante total solution, and if so has it ha any effect on losses/stalled you. Thanks!

Great thread, i'll definitely take a look at these. :D

I just tried a BL Mint Choc Chip type affair. I liked it, but you definitely need a drink with it, as it's very dry. I bought a range of ASDA, and BL ones between me and OH.

Be careful though if you are buying, the ASDA range do a smaller snack bar which is very high in carbs, whereas there is half the carbs in the bigger meal replacement bars.

Thumbs up so far....

Yup - the ASDA Measure Up wouldn't fill a hollow tooth! It's nice, it's like the nougat part of a Mars bar, but is full of sugar and tiny! I'm sure we'd be better off just eating a fun size Mars or Snickers.

I'm on CD 1000/1200 and using a Tesco Ultraslim Chocolate (the berry one was a bit higher in carb) and I find they're filling and great for me at work.

Can u have the tesco chocolate ones then? I'm heading into town so could pick some up x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Clair-Gandy said:
Can u have the tesco chocolate ones then? I'm heading into town so could pick some up x

I have been using the tescos bars, both the chocolate and raspberry flavours, they havn't done any harm for me

xEeyore said:
I have been using the tescos bars, both the chocolate and raspberry flavours, they havn't done any harm for me

Thanks. I'm gonna save them for days I'm out with work or when I need to chew lol x

This is really useful info- thanks Starlight. Did you find it affected your ketosis at all? Think I'll be heading to Asda as soon as my bumper pack runs out to give them a try!

Thanks- can't wait to try them out now.....

K I just want to clarify -I'm on exante ts, I've bought 2 biggest loser bars as I only have shakes. Do I treat them the same as exante bars?

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I don't think that biggest loser bar liked me last night. I felt so ill & I wasn't full either. No more substitutions for me :(

Well, I tried them since Tuesday, and they have been fine. I loved the ASDA ones, and the BL ones were nice too.

I seemed to have lost 5lbs this week so am sure that they don't affect ketosis (I cheekily had to have two bars yesterday due to being manic at work. POAS - still ketones.

Thanks again Starlight for your painstaking research x

I'm glad I tried them, they just don't seem to agree with me unfortunately xo

Back