Paleolicious

Today's food...

Eggs poached in the microwave with a blob of butter, surprised I even I had time for this this morning!

Tuna mayo salad
Salami

Herby chicken wings with fried leek, mushrooms and courgette

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Official weigh in and since I got weighed on the 10th Sep I'm down 2lbs so muchly happy with that!

Off out to watch the footie tonight so will be drinking, but wont be a late one (yayyy! lol I'm such an an oldie ;) ) will *try try try* avoid the wine, think I'll go for vodka lime sodas, as dont get hangovers with vodka (fingers crossed lol)

Today's food:

salami

tuna mayo on courgette 'crackers' with cheese

lamb curry before I go out

Done a mini shop today (cant believe how much tinned tune has increased in price!! wish I wasnt on such tuna-fest lol) so dont have to worry about that this weekend although was too early to buy salady things for uni lunches next week so will need to pop to the shop on sunday. Hopefully I can focus on uni work for the rest of the weekend and get uptodate also really want to fit some yoga in at home.

Feeling good that my weight is *hopefully* finally moving back in the right direction!! Going to eat less cheese as seem to be consuming a lot and its not too cheap, definitely feel better in myself lower carbs and I appear to have kicked my fruit cravings yayyyy! so keeping off fruit a bit longer before reintroducing some back in.

Darn 2-4-1 cocktails lol ;) had a good night though and not suffering (yet...fingers crossed) today. Lots of uni work to get through this weekend, which is ok considering it looks like winter has arrived outside brrrrr!!

Today's food:

scrambled eggs and bacon

salmon and roasted marrow

steak with fried leeks and mushrooms, an egg and some steamed cauliflower

Man its cold today! hot water bottle and heating on, doesnt help that I'm tired.

Sunday's food plan:

herby chicken thighs

salmon with roasted marrow and poached egg

turkey and bacon curry with cauli and courgette rice

Going to try stay off the cheese as been snacking on it all day today oooops! :rolleyes:

Looooong day at uni today!

Today's food:

B: almonds (wasnt hungry for breakfast before setting out so bought a packet of nut on the way)

L: tuna mayo salad

S: sm packet of salami

D: pork chop with a tomato sauce and fried mushrooms and leeks

Today's food:

B: eggs with butter

L: salmon mayo salad with some salami, almonds

S: eggs, tinned mackerel - was so flipping hungry when I got in from uni!

D: belly pork with roasted marrow, mushrooms and tomatoes

Think I need to not buy nuts lol they are just so addictive!!

Last edited:
well the freezer eaat down is going well, I'm running out of food! Must be strong and not buy anything else until the weekend, I do have enough to eat (just not any cheese or almonds *sob*)

Wednesday:

salmon and baked eggs

tuna mayo salad

pork chop with courgette 'pancakes', roasted marrow and leeks

I also have a tin of mackerel if I want a snack after uni

Got a bad throat and chest, seems to be going around at the moment. I had a lovely sexy husky voice yesterday and today sound like a old man with a heavy cigarette habit lol!

Food today:

B: salmon and eggs baked with spinach

L: chicken salad

D: have taken more chicken out of the freezer so will have that with bacon, courgette and leeks and maybe some roasted marrow. Will try scavenge some cheese off the flatmate :rolleyes: I'm ill how can anyone refuse a croaky ill person...

So definitely need to shop tomorrow, got to pop down to uni in the morning so will probably not bother with breakfast as it would be lone bacon, and to be honest I can only every stomach so much bacon (sacrilege I know) so if I'm having bacon for dinner I probably wont be wanting any for breakfast tomorrow.

Out for dinner tomorrow night, a local restaurant is putting on a coeliac night, I'm sooo excited as the whole menu is GF, good job they released the menu weeks ago as I am still undecided at what to order!! The best thing about it though is that I can steal food from the person I'm off with as its all gluten freeeee yayyyy! :D
So will be a very unpaleo dinner tomorrow but straight back on it Saturday breakfast (I will hopefully have food shopped by then lol)

Last edited:
Forced down the last of the chicken thighs out of the freezer lol 3 meals of chicken in 2 days bleugh but freezer is empty now, ready to be filled tomorrow!

Today's food:

Chicken thighs with lettuce and cheese

Still not decided on what to choose at the restaurant tonight!

Forced down the last of the chicken thighs out of the freezer lol 3 meals of chicken in 2 days bleugh but freezer is empty now, ready to be filled tomorrow!

Today's food:

Chicken thighs with lettuce and cheese

Still not decided on what to choose at the restaurant tonight!

Cant edit for some reason!

Had some tuna mayo with courgette for a snack.

Got excited when I found a galaxy bar in my bag (they were giving them out free at uni the other week) but cant eat it as not gluten free grrrrr in neeeeed of chocolate!

Having a chill before getting ready to go out, may have a walk and grab a coffee before my meal. Making the most of chillin' tonight as its all work, work, work over the weekend!

Will report back on dinner later!

enjoy your night out xxx no idea galaxy wasn't gf !!

Bleugh got glutened :( am curled up with a hot water bottle and feel like my insides are dying! Can y' tell I'm feel a tad melodramatic lol :p
apart from that the food *was* amazing :sigh:
just hoping I dont get the other symptoms I used to get as need to be able to concentration tomorrow.

Still feeling sorry for myself this morning! *worlds smallest violin* got a 'gluten hangover'
from lack of sleep and the pain, also get stupid brain fog and dizziness when I'm glutened so
cant focus at the moment, Just going to rid it out, lots of fluids and hope I can the uni works which was supposed to
be done today finished tomorrow. So annoyed between this and my ME I feel like I'm always on the back foot, must be
more organised for inconveniences like this!!!!

I'm not up to any food as yet, may try some eggs later and see how they sit,
need to do a food shop this afternoon hopefully I'll be able to think about food by that point.

lol sorry for the depressing post...

hemhemm.... rainbows and candyfloss, puppies and flowers lol

Today's food:

eggs scrambled with butter

a smoked mackerel fillet

If my stomach is up to it dinner will be: pork spare rib chop oven cooked with marrow, steamed cauli, and some fried mushrooms and leeks

Managed to do some sort of food shop but didnt get most of what I went for due to prices, everything seems to be going up in price, think I've
bought just enough to cover me til next Friday, I'm out at the Liverpool Allergy Show all Saturday so only need to have enough til then.

Going catch up on some TV and an early night, hopefully sleep this off!

hey hun , have you tried aldi and /lidl ? youd be amazed at the difference in price , alsi even has outdoor bred pork and free range chickens at great prices , ive just spent 90 quid at a whole sale butchers bulk buying meat but I got a ton of stuff , were lucky living up here that most of the meat is grass fed / free roaming .xxx hope you feel better soon xx

I've started buying food with the days date on and freezing it as it's got so expensive.I won't buy frozen chicken etc as I don't think it has the same texture and taste as fresh.Don't know what they do to it.

Yeah, I need to start doing that more, I never seem to get to Morrison's at the right time for the stickered stuff since I moved, when I lived in the city I used to just pop down and get all the bargains like oxtail and the cheaper cuts that no one else seemed to want lol I dont like buying frozen meat as I find the texture is odd and totally agree about frozen chicken, bought some last year and actually ended up throwing as couldnt fact eating it! I dont make a good student shopper lol :rolleyes:

hey hun , have you tried aldi and /lidl ? youd be amazed at the difference in price , alsi even has outdoor bred pork and free range chickens at great prices , ive just spent 90 quid at a whole sale butchers bulk buying meat but I got a ton of stuff , were lucky living up here that most of the meat is grass fed / free roaming .xxx hope you feel better soon xx

I need to try aldi, I just get side tracked by the parma ham and gluten free chocolate when I go! See I have a local butcher but he's too expensive, he is going to give me some free bones for my bone broth so perhaps I should start buying meat off him!

xx

Starting to feel better today, my tummy is more settled but still a tad crampy, head is still dizzy but feeling a bit brighter in myself and slept much better last night as the joint aches are settling. Think its been quite bad as I was already under the weather and basically my immune system has rebelled, just hope my brain returns as deadlines are approaching!

Had a lovely walk this morning, sussed out another way to walk to the bus stop as the road I usually walk down is so slippy, this was is a lil hill but the paths are much easier to walk on so less stressful. Hope this lovely weather continues.

Today's food:

scrambled eggs

mackerel salad

liver with cauli mash and white cabbage

Waitrose is going to start selling bone marrow and other weird things.:)

^^ this just made my day! I'm actually really excited about this :D
I havent found bone marrow anywhere and really want to try it.

Ahhhh I love waitrose
xx

Starting to feel better today, my tummy is more settled but still a tad crampy, head is still dizzy but feeling a bit brighter in myself and slept much better last night as the joint aches are settling. Think its been quite bad as I was already under the weather and basically my immune system has rebelled, just hope my brain returns as deadlines are approaching!

Had a lovely walk this morning, sussed out another way to walk to the bus stop as the road I usually walk down is so slippy, this was is a lil hill but the paths are much easier to walk on so less stressful. Hope this lovely weather continues.

Today's food:

scrambled eggs

mackerel salad

liver with cauli mash and white cabbage

forgot that I had some Kale earmarked for some Kale crisps later yay!
as its not so cheap I'm portioning it up so I get 4 days of kale crisps out of
one packet of kale, its still a bowlful each portion (unless I cremate it like
last night oooopsy!)

Back