Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Period comming up to two weeks strong! HELP!

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by KookieDoh, 3 March 2010 Social URL.

1. KookieDoh

KookieDoh Ugly duckling going Swan.

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am aware from reading here that many women who start any of the plans featured have found themselves with irregular periods and I too expected this to happen so I wasn't surprised but am now getting a little twitchy now so wanted to run this by some of you.

About twelve days ago my body suprised me with a period just two weeks after my last. My flows usually last four days so this has been going a while. I have still been taking cilest while on this "bonus" period and while I am not suffering from pains, I am hugely bloated to the point I know how a hot water bottle feels. Am I doing the right thing staying on the pill and has anyone else had such a dramatic increase? I come off cilest this friday for my "correct period" week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x_ali_x

x_ali_x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.1%)
    I can't help on the pill front, the only ones I tried made me really sick so have no experience.

I will say though pop along and see your dr, it is more than likely a hormonal thing. My hormones went out of whack a few years back and I got a light period that I shamefully admit lasted about 3 months before I plucked up the courage to go to the doctors! Doc gave me the pill that people take for their holls to stop their period i had to take it for a week i came off it i had a period for the normal time and never had a problem since.

Its prob just your body reacting to a shock with a new routine but 12 days is a bit long really and don't suffer in silence like I did, if it carries on too long you might get anemic.

4. michelle185

michelle185 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Healthy diet
    I think its best you go to your doctor. Im experiencing irregular periods too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.