Period comming up to two weeks strong! HELP!

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by KookieDoh, 3 March 2010 Social URL.

1. KookieDoh

KookieDoh Ugly duckling going Swan.

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am aware from reading here that many women who start any of the plans featured have found themselves with irregular periods and I too expected this to happen so I wasn't surprised but am now getting a little twitchy now so wanted to run this by some of you.

About twelve days ago my body suprised me with a period just two weeks after my last. My flows usually last four days so this has been going a while. I have still been taking cilest while on this "bonus" period and while I am not suffering from pains, I am hugely bloated to the point I know how a hot water bottle feels. Am I doing the right thing staying on the pill and has anyone else had such a dramatic increase? I come off cilest this friday for my "correct period" week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x_ali_x

x_ali_x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.1%)
    I can't help on the pill front, the only ones I tried made me really sick so have no experience.

I will say though pop along and see your dr, it is more than likely a hormonal thing. My hormones went out of whack a few years back and I got a light period that I shamefully admit lasted about 3 months before I plucked up the courage to go to the doctors! Doc gave me the pill that people take for their holls to stop their period i had to take it for a week i came off it i had a period for the normal time and never had a problem since.

Its prob just your body reacting to a shock with a new routine but 12 days is a bit long really and don't suffer in silence like I did, if it carries on too long you might get anemic.

4. michelle185

michelle185 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Healthy diet
    I think its best you go to your doctor. Im experiencing irregular periods too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.