Pitta bread - How do you fill yours

jacqui35

Silver Member
Ok all

I love pitta bread now its a HEXb but what filling do you put in yours, im getting bored now with my ONE filling that i only no off hahaha

Mine is

Extra lean mincemeat cooked in cajun spices

carrots, brocolli, cauliflower cooked then drained chopped up with light mayo (2)

Mix together with mincemeat and bang it in the pitta bread

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool::drool:

Welll im making a curry for my mummy and daddy on sat when they come for tea so gonna use pitta bread for that :)

Welll im making a curry for my mummy and daddy on sat when they come for tea so gonna use pitta bread for that :)

Oh you mean like a nan bread sort of thing, damn im having chickpea curry later and already used one B and i always save a b for night for hifi bar, but thats something worth considering next time, thanks hun

sliced egg and tomato with black pepper and salad cream!

Omg when i was reading that i was thinking ewwww but when you think about it, i wonder if putting bacon in it with slice egg and tad of mayo with lettuce tomato i bet that would be nice, so ta for part of something i could use in pitta bread xxx

Could grill some chicken and cut it up and put some salad in it ?

egg mayo and bacon,
tuna mayo and onion and salad,
mighty fridge raider and salad,
slice the pitta in half through the middle and fill each side with a burger,
stuff it with slimming world chips
the list is endless

egg mayo and bacon,
tuna mayo and onion and salad,
mighty fridge raider and salad,
slice the pitta in half through the middle and fill each side with a burger,
stuff it with slimming world chips
the list is endless

Ooooo yummy a chip butty!! I never thought of that - definately good for a hangover sunday!! :) thanks

I like sliced wafer thin ham and lot's of salad in mine.

Omg when i was reading that i was thinking ewwww but when you think about it, i wonder if putting bacon in it with slice egg and tad of mayo with lettuce tomato i bet that would be nice, so ta for part of something i could use in pitta bread xxx

OMG, I really fancy that now with the bacon!!!!!

There is a syn free recipe on here for a "lamb doner" equivolent and its gorgeous!

Make the falafels from the Jan/Feb SW magazine/Flavours of the World cookbook, slice one in half or cut into pieces, make a yogurt and cucumber dip with fat free natural yog, chopped fresh mint (or a teaspoon or no added sugar mint sauce)and chopped cucumber and stuff it all in the pitta bread with some salad! Yummm! The same is nice with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce!X

Roasted Veg (Red Onion, Carrot, Peppers etc) tossed in a mixture of herbs, passata or tomato puree and cooking spray with a HEA of Cheese. Sounds a bit odd but is lovely and filling!

Last edited:
A few years back when I followed the GI Plan I used to live off warm quorn chicken pieces with salad - lettuce, tomato's, cucumber and mixed seeds with a small drizzle of vlf dressing and a few herbs and bunged it into a pitta - I loved it and ooh err, look at that - totally free filling for a HEb pitta. Me thinks I will have to make it for my lunch tomorrow.

May also add that I made it often for friends and family too and they thought it was yummy ;)

Back