Pitta bread - How do you fill yours

i would luv the falafel recipe if anyone could provide it for me pleaseeeeeeeeee?

X

how long have pitta been b choice? and what size can you have? ooh really looking forward to this, i had no idea x

It's only Asda wholemeal ones that you can use as a HEb.
:AsdaWholemeal Pitta Bread, 6 pack 1 pitta bread=1 HEb

I just bought them on the way home, and I spread mine with quark, and added a 'salad' of rocket, mixed lettuce, baby pepper, spring onion, celery, a chopped hard boiled egg, 84g Feta (2 x HEas) and a spray of Cesar Light dressing. OMG. It was SCRUMMY!

toast well cut in half and add banana - its yummy!

i would luv the falafel recipe if anyone could provide it for me pleaseeeeeeeeee?

X

Falafel

Serves: 6
Syns per serving:
Free on Green, 6 Syns on Original

227g/8oz dried chick peas
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 level tsp ground cumin
1 level tsp ground coriander
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 tbsp chopped parsley
½ tsp baking powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry Light, for spraying

1. Put the chick peas in a bowl, cover them with plenty of cold water and leave to soak for at least 48 hours. Drain the chick peas and then rinse well under cold running water in a colander. Cook according to packet instructions. Alternatively, use canned
chick peas.
2. Put the drained chick peas in a food processor with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, chilli and herbs. Process to a thick, smooth puree. Add the baking powder and seasoning and stir well. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Take small pieces of the pureed chick pea mixture and form into little balls between your hands, then flatten them out slightly. Arrange the falafel balls on a baking tray that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
4. Cook the falafel in a preheated hot oven at 220ºC/Gas Mark 7 for about 12-15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Serve immediately. A bowl of very low fat natural yogurt flavoured with fresh mint and chopped chilli makes a tasty dip for the falafel.

Ive been looking for this myself!!! Havent tried it yet. Hope this helps :)

Thanks Pesty, you beat me too it, I was about to post the recipe for falafels too! Aren't they gorge!!X

A couple of my favourite fillings are:
Babybel lights, chopped spring onion, then toast in the toaster
Morrisons eat smart sausage, fried egg (in frylight) and 1 tbsp tomato ketchup - all for 1.5 syns + 1 hxb:D

Roast beef and with fried onions and mushrooms & horseradish sauce - gorgeeeouuussss!!!!! xxx

Pittas also make fab pizza bases. You could just chuck a load of chopped veg (and meat if you like) with some HexA cheese and tomato puree or whatever you fancy and either grill or cook it. I used to have them before I started SW for snacks but I would actually have them for lunch with salad now! Bit of inspiration :p

boo i dont have an asda near me but im gonna try the falafels with cucumber dip mmmmmmmmm *dribble*

I used to use them as pizza bases too, slice it in half so you have 2 thin ovals and top with passata +herbs, veg,cheese, whatever, et voila! Pizza! Mmm.

Chilli + cheese + mayo is nice too with a little salad stuffed in if any room left! Xx

OHHHH MYYY GODDDDD

Today i had asda's wholemeal pitta bread filled with bit of mayo, lettuce, tomatos and 4 x lean bacon

it was gawwwjus

So glad thats two i have tried now and on with the rest to try :D

Thank you all again for suggestions

tonights dinner consisted of pitta bread, lamb, salad, tomato, onion and pepper with potato wedges and 0% greek yoghurt with mint sauce

Somebody made this Free hummous for our buffet night and it was gorgeous!

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 tins of 400 Chickpeas (drained, rinsed & keep a handful back for decoration)
3 cloves of garlic (peeled & crushed)
1 1/2 Lemons (juiced)
120ml cold water
3 tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper
Paprika
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Combine Chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin add the water gradually into a food processor, if you like your houmous to be smooth and creamy. I prefer it to be coarse so I used a hand blender instead. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Season well. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle a few of the remaining whole chickpeas as decoration and sprinkle with paprika before serving.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Free on Green and Extra Easy only[/FONT]

Somebody made this Free hummous for our buffet night and it was gorgeous!

I made this recipe from the 'around the world' cook book yesterday and have to agree - everyone loved it and no-one could understand that i could eat it all if wanted!! lol

Back