+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Oh! Will post the recipe now :D

Syn free chicken Korma Extra Easy (also red if you dont have rice). Lots of mushrooms & onion added to try & achieve 1/3 superfree.

That looks delicious!!! I hate the texture of onions and mushrooms though but I guess you could blitz them up in the sauce? Or does that add syns like fruit? I haven't started yet so not got the books xxx

Ooooh how many syns is the ranch dressing? and what make is it. Is it a Kraft one??? Might have to get some of that.

Did you bring back any other nice foodies from your visit?

It's Marzetti's fat free ranch and it is sooo good! I reckon it's probably 1 syn per tbsp as it's 40 cals for 2 tbsp.

I brought back some 100 cal popcorn, twinkies & cinnamon cakes and a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch fat free dressing as my sister said that was really good too! Oh, and randomly brought back a few sachets of sausage gravy mix!

It's Marzetti's fat free ranch and it is sooo good! I reckon it's probably 1 syn per tbsp as it's 40 cals for 2 tbsp.

I brought back some 100 cal popcorn, twinkies & cinnamon cakes and a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch fat free dressing as my sister said that was really good too! Oh, and randomly brought back a few sachets of sausage gravy mix!

I love the 100 calorie popcorn packs. Are they the ones you put in the microwave? You get a load of it for 5 syns. The sweet and salty flavour is my fav. lol

Will have a look out for the dressing next time I am in the states shopping.

That looks delicious!!! I hate the texture of onions and mushrooms though but I guess you could blitz them up in the sauce? Or does that add syns like fruit? I haven't started yet so not got the books xxx

No, I dont think blitzing the veg would add syns, as it doesnt in soup. You ould always serve it with a side salad or add veg that you like to the rice?

They look yummy! I'm not a fan of peppers but then I have never tried them cooked. A whole new world of food is waiting for me when I get on the SW wagon! x

They look yummy! I'm not a fan of peppers but then I have never tried them cooked. A whole new world of food is waiting for me when I get on the SW wagon! x

OMG You must try roasted peppers! They are amazing! Just spray with spray oil, season with salt & pepper and roast for 30 mins. Delicious!

DH & I went to wholefoods yesterday and we bought a whole bunch of healthy goodies! I came across some samphire, which I've only ever had in restaurants and bought it on a whim. So I blanched it and panfried with some lemon juice and it was delicious! Had it with grilled organic salmon, roast tomato salsa and roast butternut squash!

photo-17.jpg

That looks lovely! Samphire is something I have always wanted to try! x

Its really lovely, its like a cross between asparagus and green beans. Soft but crunchy and juicy, it bursts in your mouth and it has a salty seawater taste to it. It doesn't need any seasoning, just a bit of lemon juice is all I used and it tasted lovely!

Its really lovely, its like a cross between asparagus and green beans. Soft but crunchy and juicy, it bursts in your mouth and it has a salty seawater taste to it. It doesn't need any seasoning, just a bit of lemon juice is all I used and it tasted lovely!

It sounds lovely :) I will definitely be trying that. I want to try laverbread as well. I saw Neil Oliver on Coast eating it and he said it was lovely! x

DH & I went to wholefoods yesterday and we bought a whole bunch of healthy goodies! I came across some samphire, which I've only ever had in restaurants and bought it on a whim. So I blanched it and panfried with some lemon juice and it was delicious! Had it with grilled organic salmon, roast tomato salsa and roast butternut squash!

photo-17.jpg

That looks lovely.

I was confused when you said you went to Wholefoods. I was wondering where you are. I went to a Wholefoods yesterday too here in US. I presume you mean the one in London?? Some lovely goodies there, but we were limited to what we could bring back to Canada.

That butternut squash looks lovely again. I am going to give it another go. When I had it, it was in a casserole and ended up making the casserole taste funny. I am presuming it is better roasted.

By the way, great minds think alike ;). I had salmon with tomatoes tonight as well.

I dont like raw peppers, but Honeyoc is right you must try roasted pepper especially red, its delicious. I made a tray of roasted veg tonight just for me and it had a whole red pepper cut up in it, its the best bit mmmm :D

Back