Purple - 2011 SF diary

Thanks :D not lost anymore so far this week but up a lot with baby and eating something in the night as I'm feeding her - she's poorly at the moment.

Feels great though I must admit. :D smaller jeans is always a good thing! :D

Hi, I just started SF yesterday and am sitting here reading diaries for motivation! I loved reading yours as like you I am still feeding my baby, and have two older kids to fit around all this dieting malarky. :) You have done really well losing all that weight! Hopefully that will be me two months down the line!

Thanks so much for your kind words :D Well done on your feeding and weight control :D it's not easy some days I'm STARVING if she feeds more but I allow myself the odd snack in days like this but keep them 'good' as good as I can! lol How old is your baby? My baby is 15 months now but I don't want to schedule stopping till after my college course finishes in the summer. :D I have till end of Sept when I start Uni to get it all sorted! yes I'm a rather mature student. lol

I've been remiss about updating this thread tut tut me! I'm only 1lb down since I last posted as must confess I've been 'up' 4lbs and am now back down them and 1 more! lol Must stay stronger to SF and keep going. I think where I've gone wrong is trying the Tesco brand of shakes, I don't like them but haven't replaced them - silly me! the bars I'm fine with but the shakes I find taste like they have malt in them which doesn't cut it with me! lol
So.. looking forward to new shakes next week - can't afford to throw them away. lol

I did some bargain sale shopping in the week - size 18 tight jeans and trousers and size 16 tops.. strange I used to be one size bigger on top than bottom..shows where my weight remains at the moment. More riding after May/June when I finish my course so that'll help I'm sure. :D

I'm super happy to feel slimmer and looking forward to getting into the 12 stone range :D Feels not too far away now. :D

My youngest is still only 7 months, and has only just started weaning so still gets through an awful lot of milk some days (or more to the point, nights!). I can definitely tell when he is drinking more, I get SO hungry! The flipside of that coin is when he eats lots of solids and less milk, then I am sure I am up a pound or two with the 'backlog' until he takes more milk again! :rolleyes:

I agree with you on the Tesco powders. Even using a blender I always get lumps in it. Have you noticed they make a real mess too? Seem to fly everywhere when I try to measure it up. I tipped half a box of Tesco stuff into half a box of SF - hopefully that will make it one tin of half decent stuff rather than a tin of bad stuff...

that's a good thing to try mixing them I guess! lol

How many meals are you replacing? I'm just wondering as you'll still be your babies main source of food at teh moment so can't afford to reduce your calories too much really. Maybe a healthy lunch and dinner and just one replaced meal? depending which one you feel best replacing? I would save one of your snacks like fruit or something for night time before bed, I always found I got hungry around 11pm again - due to feeding or if didn't eat then i'd be starving around 2am as was feeding round the clock.

Oh I 'hear you' on the backlog of milk too but your body will soon adjust - my baby was teething recently and up'd my supply over 36 hours! I was like Jordan the first night she slept better! lol

just checking in.. 2 weeks later and same weight.. I've changed 2 days ago eating normally low fat / calorie counting. I will have the odd bar and the odd shake but can't face shakes for breakfast everyday anymore. :rolleyes:hopefully i can still keep losing - haven't got anywhere the last month or so.

Hi Purple Hugs, I'm new to Slim Fast and have been reading over a few diaries to get to know new people. Yours struck a chord with me, as I'm at Swansea University studying Psychology, and I've applied for a Postgraduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing course, so we have a bit in common! :) I'll hopefully be starting in January, just waiting to hear if I've got an interview, should hear by the end of this month. Stressful times! Hope your weight loss is coming along well :)

Hi there! Sorry I have not been on - I have been having family over and then on holiday. My diet has been switched to a 'everything I fancy/high calorie' type diet, lol!

Going back on it tomorrow though! I sometimes have a normal breakfast too, just try to keep it to about 300 calories or so, then a shake/bar at lunchtime and normal dinner. I am going to try to stay focussed this week though!

Well.. i feel like a deserter! So sorry haven't been here.. college has been manic - 2 weeks to go!! :D not tooo much to do but been clearing a lot up.

Weight wise, it's been slow but happening. ;)so thats the main thing. I'm now down to 13st dead.. 181lb - so hoping to be in the 12's tomorrow! :D:D

Size 14 jeans that I was wearing when I fell pregnant .. fit!! although i suspect they're big 14's I'll take that as a first step into the 14's! lol My clothes currently range from 18-14 :p but mostly i'm wearing 16's. my 18's are all super baggy!

wish I had more money but poor student that I am I'm going to have to muddle through the next bit as I move down as I don't have any smaller clothes now! :cry:

But onwards and upwards.

Emma - well done on choosing SF I'm sure you'll be doing well - it really does fit in with a busy lifestyle - I love grabbing a bar for lunch - I have the peanut bar with a cuppa tea for lunch and still feels like a snickers bar!! lol
Wow at you being at swansea - I love psychology so am envious of your degree in psych!! I wasn't brave enough to 'just' go for psych. But glad you can add MH to it too. I've had my occ health date through and CRB has been sent off so fingers x'd it all happens as it should. Main hurdle is getting a bursary as some of them didn't get a bursary from the NHS last year and had to defer a year. Really hope I won't have to defer.

Emma75 - great to see you're still around. I have had to be a bit 'stricter' with myself as found myself slipping too much! lol it's easily done isn't it. But hope your step up in commitment worked well.

Looking forward to going away in a few weeks - will see my sister and a couple of aunts and an uncle for hte first time in a year so they had better acknowledge my weight loss! lol My DH is still losing and is having to buy shorts etc that are smaller! And t-shirts he had in the back of his wardrobe are coming out! :D I laughed about how long till the 6 pack comes out but hey you never know! he's never lasted this long on a diet before. lol

Oh forgot an update on my horse!! lol
FAB progress in that I'm riding 3 or 4 times a week - I've cantered him and even jumped this week for the first time (on him) and for the first time in 4 years for me! lol Felt wonderful and loving every second. :D

congratulations with your studies and so awesome that you're in smaller jeans I am so jealous :) xxx

Back