Question from my CDC!!!

it does seem a little unfair as i only like tetra and bara i have to pay more, the service is good but i do think that it is a little expensive.

you pay more for bars and tetras because they cost counsellors more to buy themselves than the shakes. if your unhappy with the price you should look around you may find someone who charges less but i doubt it as that is the RRP.

in not looking to change CDC or slate them i anyway, what i was trying to state was that Cambride themselve charge alot to the CDC's in the 1st place, surely they dont cost that much to make?!

As for making a profit, that's generally what one aims to do when one is running a business.

i understand that but theres making a good profit and selling at a VERY HIGH price, im awear of alot of people that wont do CD or LL due to the high costs involved and surely if they reduced the price enough then they would effectivly sell more and make more in the long run. anyway im sure CD arent going to change there prices to a lower figure so we just have to accept the cost and loose the weight, its our choice at the end of the day. They way i sum it up is it would cost me alot more in the long run to continue eating the old way (crap and takeaways) so i accept it. i hope i havent offended anyone!:break_diet:

Mines £32.55 regardless of what I have (or at least it has these past 3 weeks)

I am in the north west

sonya

You have to consider the costs of staff, premises, machinery, factory running costs, packaging, printing and other promotional materials, research and development and shipping. The cost of producing a sachet of powder is much higher than simply the value of the powder itself.

I'm not offended, by the way, just someone who has run a business for eight years ;)

i understand all that but i still think the cost is a little high (i think i always will unless im the one selling!) but hey the quicker i can loose this weight the sooner i can stop paying em! :p

i understand all that but i still think the cost is a little high (i think i always will unless im the one selling!) but hey the quicker i can loose this weight the sooner i can stop paying em! :p

Well, at the rate you're going *looks at ticker* it won't be long :D

Im sure WW and the like make just as much if not more Profit than CD/LL/Lipotrim. The whole diet industry is big business.
The owners dont know us personally and so dont care how much money we have to pay as long as their money keeps rolling in. Just the same as any other business, cant blame them for that. The CDCs and LLCs are running a business too and are allowed to make a profit we shouldnt begrudge them that. And as for the NHS providing gastric banding, in my dreams.

Interesting thread, I'm not offended either.

All of the costs listed by Kate are spot on, unless you have run a business it is not unusual to not think of these elements.

I think also you need to consider CDC's are self employed people and as such do not receive a salary. They buy at wholesale and sell at either the RRP or maybe different depending on their circumstances the profit is theirs but of course it has to be taxed and NI paid, as with any income.

CDC's do not charge for their time or counselling, weighing, measuring etc etc, (there maybe exceptional circumstances here but it is not included in the price of the diet the cost is for product bought only) of course they also incur costs, telephone postage, stationery, computer etc etc which is taken out of the profit from the sales of the product as with any other business.

To sell bulk really doesnt fit with the way we are trained. This would make us more retailers and perhaps less client focussed as we would not be having regular interaction with our clients with the opportunity to monitor their progress accurately and support them properly.

We do work differently, however, all CDC's have to adhere to the code of conduct as laid down by the company.

So you cannot really look at the wholesale price versus the retail price there are so many other variables to take into account.

Linda

i do appologise for starting the threat, since i have been offline i have read alot of the posts that have been given and i can now understand the point of both a CDC and a customer although one talks about the fact that you have to take into account premises etc my CDC works from home and as far as i am aware buys the goods in at a low peice.

Now should guiding people in losing weight be seen as a "business" because i certainly dont!!! it should be helping people to be happy and healthly.
Also i agree that if the rates were at the same rate as what the CDC buys it in for "which by the way would be nice to no" then i would recommend this diet to plent more as at the moeny people think im mad to be spending so much money and yes i do see the reasons but again i would have to say that for people that are in the game for making it a "business" then i would quote that the less you sell the more will buy!!

hopefully not too long ay, well at least ill have this motivation not to regain as dont wanna have to pay for this expensive weight again!
my 4stone 12lbs is gunna cost aprox 49.35 a week (4 meals)
49.35 x 4 = 197.40 a month
aim is max 5 months = £987.00:cry:
but iv gotta say if it comes of in 5 months its gunna be worth they money :D

Now should guiding people in losing weight be seen as a "business" because i certainly dont!!! it should be helping people to be happy and healthly.

Absolutely. It is all that, but it is still a business. Running a business from home incurs all kinds of costs, most of which are unseen to the customer. Most importantly, you have to put a value on your own time. Would you work for free? Neither would I.

I'm sorry to put it in those terms, and it would be lovely to have so much spare time and so little need for money that I could be a CDC on a voluntary basis - but there aren't many who can claim that!

but yet people have posted that they are only being charged 32 per week for anything so it begs the question How much profit is my CDC making from me?

Everything we buy, clothes, books, food, medicine makes someone a profit. If you were to own a fruit and veg business would you want to sell the produce at cost because it will make people healthier. And the more people that bought it then the higher the prices would go, supply and demand i think its called.

Reactions: DQ
Back