Quiet on here isn't it! - (or Sean's RTM Journey)

flippin eck sean, how big were the apples you ate?

an average apple is about 80calories - i'm sure, an some even say its one of those 'negative' calorie foods- ie the body uses up the calories by digesting it (not sure if that is scientifically correct!)

have been meaning to ask you, i've never used frozen fruit - how do you make your porrige?

daisy x

Lol daisy - the "negative" calories isn't actually scientifically proven; except for celery I believe... Calories are still very much positive, so I wouldn't go binging on vegetables or fruits because they contain other things too like starch, fibre, carbs, sugars which can affect us negatively too. :D Not that I was suggesting that you're saying to binge on "negative" foods. Lol. I'm just saying!

Sean - A standard medium apple is about 50-60 calories. It's a good food to munch on - but like with all fruits - should be in moderation because too much and the fructose will raise the blood sugar too much - and then the "come-down" isn't pleasant. Thankfully though, apples aren't too high in sugar. :)

You're doing well! Maybe invest in a little pocket - calorie counter book for yourself for rough guides on basic foods so that you don't over estimate too much! You do need to raise your calorie intake, because the mentality you are developing in regards to weight loss should be addressed. I am battling it too; after plateauing for so long, and finally getting good losses when I made the decision to start RTM spurred me on to go a little bit too far, and it has indeed become addictive.
At the end of the day you need to assess yourself as you are now. Look at what your goal was and why. Have a long chat with your wife to get her opinions on it too. After all - her opinion matters too! I found that when my boyfriend lost too much on LL he started to look a little bit ... dare I say it? Unattractive to me. - Because I just couldn't recognise him anymore. He wasn't MINE. Plus I have never found skinny men attractive. So it was a combination of things.

Stop. Think. Reassess. Have a chat with those around you. Make healthier choices (which you are doing) - but stop worrying about the calories. Listen to your stomach more - if you feel you need something then have it. But don't deny yourself on account of calorie counting, and obsessing over what you could still lose.. This is it. You are absolutely and wonderfully fine the way you are. We are not striving to perfection - we are striving to happiness... and happiness only comes from within. Perfection only ruins things.

Min. x

LOL Daisy, maybe I got that wrong then :) re Porridge I mix with 140 ml of water & nuke for 1 minute, then add frozed fruit and zap again in 20 second slots ( 2-3 usually does it) stir each time. Don't put in microwave for second time for any longer else it overflows! Makes a wonderfully multi-coloured breakfast - enjoy.

Thanks Min, I know you're right and I am really trying to focus on how I 'feel' rather than calories - but saying that I still feel the 'need' to log calories (I do this online) but sometimes just get it wrong! I don't want a portable counter as I think this will encourage me to obsess more, but if I log only at the end of the day the decisions have already been made - if you understand what i mean?

So to today - Tuesday week 7

Porridge for breakfast (no fruit) then off to meeting where I had the apple with a black coffee.
Mid-morning break, fresh plum (loads of cakes & cookies available (again) - one day i will be confident enough to have one, but not yet...
Lunch, now what I didn't have was rice, or roast potato, or beef stoganoff, or chicken supreme, or chocolate cake, or chocolate mousse!!!
I did have the small mushroom starter (in balsamic vinegar, very small); poached salmon with cauliflower & carrots, then small fresh fruit salad :) :) :0)

Mid afternoon - another apple (not cake, etc etc etc...)

Dinner tonight (on my own but at least a really nice restaurant in a good hotel for a change) - I chose:
melon with sorbet (strawberry)
Plaice with fennel (no potato)
fresh fruit salad (no cream) and a pint of soda water.

I did manage a short walk at lunchtime and again before dinner (both times around the industrial estate by hotels), and I was sorely tempted to order a glass of wine with dinner tonight, but when I thought about it I don't want to start on the slippery slope of drinking mid-week, especially not on my own.

Overall looks like a lot of food, but at no time did I feel 'full', just satisfied; although I've just had 3 cups of decaf and now feel full but that's just the fluid.

Total calories (sorry Min) ~ 1,400 which has suprised me as it seemed like a lot of food during the day but looking back I guess it's mostly fruit/veg with some fish protein which is very healthy, and an incredible difference to choices I would have made 5-6 months ago.

Swim before breakfast tomorrow & looking forward to that, then weigh-in in the evening.

Cheers

Last edited:
Wednesday - last day of week 7

Started day with 30 mins in hotel pool which was really good but tiring.

Full breakfast at hotel, started with good choices of fresh fruit salad and low-fat strawberry yoghurt; then as I wasn't sure what would be available later in the day I decided to 'have a go' at a healthy cooked breakfast as well. Took 1 rasher of lean bacon, scrambled egg, half grilled tomato and some cooked mushrooms; enjoyed and left a little of everything (lol). Didn't have Hash browns, sausage, toast, fried egg or baked beans - all of which would have 'usually' been the staples of my breakfast. Overall still ate more than I needed to but glad I did, and pleased with myself for making healthy(er) choices.

3 hours presenting then lunch laid on by clients. Typical buffet (sandwiches & nibbles in pastry/breadcrumbs/pastry etc) so had a small bowl of the fresh fruit salad - I think I was the only person there to even look at it, let alone eat any!

Nothing then till 8.00pm when I stir-fried strips of lean pork with onion, garlic, fresh chilli, green pepper, butternut squash and a hand full of seeds and served with cauliflower 'rice'. desert was a bowl of my home-made rhubarb fool and 0% yoghurt then late snack of LL bar.

Good day and the end of 48hrs on 'real food' with no LL safety net - quite liberating actually. Overall ~1,500 KCal intake.

So at Weigh-in I was interested to see what had happened. In one sense I don't want to continue to lose - no, I Really Don't want to lose any more - but calorie intake is showing that I should be losing 1-2 lb per week still, BUT that assumes my metabolic rate is back to 'normal' which I seriously doubt to be the case.

Stood on scales and Stayed the same!!!. Mixed emotion as this is the 1st time in nearly 6 months that the reading hasn't dropped, but also glad - should I be concerned that I can 'only' have this relatively low level of calories for the rest of my life to maintain weight? This is daft thinking, I'll work on it and continue to 'push' the boundaries this week to see what happens.

So good news overall as I've strayed from plan a bit these last 2 weeks and introduced quite a few new foods & drinks with no ill effects. Staples get introduced from tonight - onwards into the brave new foody World.

Stood on scales and Stayed the same!!!. Mixed emotion as this is the 1st time in nearly 6 months that the reading hasn't dropped, but also glad - should I be concerned that I can 'only' have this relatively low level of calories for the rest of my life to maintain weight? This is daft thinking, I'll work on it and continue to 'push' the boundaries this week to see what happens.

First of all well done! You have a positive mind-set and didn't let it bother you! I definitely am not too bothered about STS either at this point; however, having been counting my calorie intake per day from 800-1200 ish and having an STS - does make me a little worried too.

But then I have to look at the bigger picture and I do remember reading somewhere that metabolism may take up to 3 months to stabilise back after a VLCD. So add about a month or two to the end of RTM with slowly increasing food intake to the "normal" levels and you'll be ok. Plus there's the half a stone of "water weight" to be considered too. First time I did LL/RTM - after I finished RTM I did take a couple liberties and was a little frivolous - and the weight came back on very quickly indeed. But then I dropped by calories to 1700 or so (which is my ideal number to maintain) and stabilised. I think that after some time I'd have been able to raise that a little and also - maintain. Bodies are really funny things, and we never know what's really going on inside.

:)

Thanks Min, an extra 4 weeks ion from end of RTM and I'll be on Holiday (when I definitely will NOT be counting calories, and WILL be increasing wine intake etc).

Yesterday, normal breakfast then as got stuck on M25 and had major detour, arrived at clients 2hs late so worked straight through lunch and back into car. (7hrs in car), stopped at supermarket and bought 2 x Red Apples which I ate as 'lunch' whilst driving - I did look in the lunch fridge at supermarket but there was NOTHING there that I wanted to eat (pasta, or bread were only choices).

So evening walk (35 mins), then we had the defrosted home-made vegetable Chilli, with a very small side salad. I was 'allowed' rice for the first time but neither my wife or I really fancied anything else so didn't bother. I will have a staple tonight (honest).

Desert/snack was another apple cut up and served with low fat yoghurt.

Really fancied a glass of wine and we still have 1/2 bottle left opened from last weekend. I asked my wife if she also fancied a glass but she didn't, so I didn't bother either (as said before, don't want to get into a habit of having a drink alone (again), so this is a good coping mechanism for me).

Overall ~ 700K Cal which is not enough, but events conspired against me somewhat. I'll make up for it today as planning a trip to the pub this evening :)

Sean

Are you back from the pub??? Sounds like you are doing brilliantly and will easily make the right choices on holiday. I am learning loads from your blogs.

Cheers

No pub till tonight (unless raining cats & dogs) lol

Counting the minutes though ...

Might deliberately make some 'wrong' choices on holiday - who can say :)

But that's allowed on holiday. So long as there aren't too many deliberately wrong choices alongside a lot of accidentally 'wrong' choices.

I have a holiday booked for Oct and hope to be in RTM. Looking forward to it loads xx

Friday week 8

Normal breakfast (Porridge with frozen berries)
Lunch out - Chicken & bacon salad at pub in town (soda water to drink)
Evening walk & large red wine on way home (I love Fridays)
Dinner, cooked the Fish Casserole with tomato from LL magazine and served with a small salad & sweet corn.
2 small glasses of wine & apple with a little low fat yoghurt for desert.

Total cals ~ 1,600 but ~200 burned with exercise so again comfortably back in the Zone.

Still short on 'staples' but I'm not going to get hung up on that - I'll see what I fancy & when then simply add them in, perfectly 'normal' approach to have, just let it happen naturally lol

Just cooked lamb dansak with fresh ingredients for tonight, smells wonderful.

Still short on 'staples' but I'm not going to get hung up on that - I'll see what I fancy & when then simply add them in, perfectly 'normal' approach to have, just let it happen naturally lol

:) You're doing very well Sean! Don't be too worried about this point. Just because you can have them - doesn't mean you should force yourself. I have resolved my issue slightly with that - in the way; if the meal I'm eating at the time would benefit from some rice/potatoes, some pasta or some bread - then I'll add it in. Usually I don't crave it though since I'd learnt to substitute noodles for shredded cabbage (and DO enjoy it so much more for some reason?).
Some recipes like Shepherd's pie should have a potato/cauliflower top though for example as well, so that's when I'd add it in! :D
It's all a game of balance and enjoying the food! I kinda like using the "Eat Well" Plate template as well, half the plate is veggies, quarter is protein, and quarter is staples/pulses. It works surprisingly well.

Mmmm. :)

Well I certainly made up for shortcomings yesterday!

Saturday, week 8

Was a bit of a devil at breakfast and added a banana to the LL porridge so started the day with a higher calorie intake than normal.

Light lunch of salad with pickled onions, but also some fruit chutney for flavour, but also to increase the calorie count. Mid afternoon snack of grapes then for dinner made Lamb Dhansak! - loads of red lentils and butternut squash as well as lamb, tomatoes and various spices; all slow cooked for ~ 2hrs and served with cauliflower rice. Desert of a Muller Light and later also had a LL bar.

Glass of Muscat pre-dinner with bowl of olives, another red wine with dinner and a couple of whiskies before bed......

Total intake ~2,300 KCal!!!

WOW, that looks like an awful lot when you see it written down! And I guess it is a lot, but only about what a 'normal' man would be eating every day to maintain weight - although I admit to not having any exercise at all during the day as the weather was so fowl, so feel a bit bad about it all now.

Saying that, I was aware that it was a higher calorie day than usual, and enjoyed cooking the lamb in that knowledge - it's also the first time I've cooked that dish and it will definitely become a regular event. I had planned on cooking a little rice, but backed off at the last minute (glad I did now), and we had a chapati to eat with the lamb, but I didn't want to have 'bread' until the correct week (I know crooked thinking), but I think with everything else on the menu I just wasn't happy to overload.

I think overall I'm most uncomfortable with the alcohol intake, so I'm not having anything today and will leave until next Friday then have a re-think. Although overall not excessive, and didn't lead to me 'snacking' so there's really nothing to be concerned about. Just my choice to take it easy :)

I think I'll log today's food as well whilst I'm at it:

Sunday Week 8

Breakfast of a portion of bacon fired with eggs (made by my wife) high cal, high fat, highly tasty! Didn't have anything else so overall ~ 300 KCal

LL Shake and an apple for lunch

Dinner I'm having roast beef (Brisket joint slow roasted in foil with splash of white wine, onion & garlic); various steamed Veg and I'm dry-roasting a sweet potato for me (regular potato for rest of family).

I might have a LL bar later on tonight, probably will so overall ~1,300 KCal (say 1,500 in case I have some more fruit), but I have walked today

Over the weekend that makes ~3,800 or a daily average of 1,900 KCal which is nothing in the scheme of things.

Monday week 8

Sorry for laps in posting, but just been Uber busy again so far this week.

Monday was spent on the road so not a great day as far as staying 'on plan' was concerned.

LL porridge & mixed summer berries for breakfast then 'working lunch' was sandwiches, crisps and chocolate bars (don't worry I hogged the fruit bowl and ate 2 apples & some grapes in stead) - I WILL have sandwiches etc again, it's just not normal to avoid them for ever, but I'm not quite ready yet & it's still 10 days before 'bread week' so I'll try & stick fairly closely to the plan until then.

Dinner was pork medallion, with peas, mashed sweet potato and savoury rice. Yes, finally I did have some of the rice, but just couldn't bring myself to eat it and only had about 2 forkfuls in total (would have had a whole dinner-plate full previously). I enjoyed the taste but couldn't bring myself to eat any more so threw it away. At least it's a start, only taken me 5 days into 'staples week' to try something on the list, but at least I have!

Then went for a hours walk and felt completely shattered, so had Muller light and LL bar for supper - I think I'd under-done calories and body is getting used to a higher intake so felt immediately week. I slept like a baby that night though - lol

~ 1,100 K Cal in but ~ 250 'used'

Tuesday week 8 (day 6)

Porridge & frozen blackberries, then LL soup for lunch (only due to rushing around between meetings again), did get 30 min walk in over lunch so that's back in the routine (good).

Dinner was stir-fry chicken with stir fry veg and noodles!! Also added some left-over beef from Sunday and pine nuts, then stir-fry with garlic in chilli paste and soy sauce. I served up and gave myself the smallest ever portion of noodles but extra veg. I ate the lot and really enjoyed. In total probably much less than the portion of noodles allowed, but I see this as a sign that I am getting more accustomed to adding in the staples (about time too). I never imagined I could get hung-up on food choices, I've spent my entire life eating 'what I want to' and generally 'when I want to' so this whole control thing is a little alien to me.

I feel comfortable though but still have a nagging desire to continue to lose weight. Now with BMI of 25 I know I could lose another stone or more and remain in the 'healthy' range and I don't think that this is actually helping my thought processes one little bit. Also the BMIs on minimins for the ladies - targets around 22 - 23 which is perfectly OK but I do keep looking at my 25 and wondering if it shouldn't be lower. I know it's my decision at the end of the day, and I was happy with STS last week but just deep down think I may be subconciously trying to continue to lose weight. Also I have the Holiday at the end of July in my mind (4 weeks following completing RTM), and stupidly I 'know' I want to still be at my 'best/lightest' for when I go away. This is crooked thinking; so what if I'm a few lb heavier, won't make a jot of difference either to the holiday, or to any gain whilst on holiday.

WI tonight & I've a suspicion that I may have lost a few lb again after last week. Cereals week next and I can't see how to incorporate other than by dropping the LL porridge breakfasts - and they are the thing I really enjoy the most, so possibly another fairly low cal week ahead again as a result.

Dare I increase to an average of 2,000 per week? - last 2 weeks average ~ 1,200 per day before exercise!
How could I do that at the moment?

Plenty to continue to ponder, lets see what WI brings tonight

Last edited:
Wednesday Week 8 (day 7)

And again a busy day. LL Porridge and frozen blackberries for breakfast (how will I survive without this post RTM?), then LL soup for lunch as rushed for time again (I know I 'should' be having 2 meals and 2 packs but some days just don't have time and I have dozens of packs unused at home so feel like I want to use some of them up).

Dinner was Spag Bol. and YES I did have a portion of spaghetti, which I really enjoyed (but still had a side salad and about 25% of the pasta portion the rest of the family ate) - this was a milestone for me in post LL as I really enjoyed, but honestly don't think I could have eaten more pasta that I had, didn't want it, but did enjoy the salad with the meal. Desert of sugar free jelly, fruit & low fat youghurt, then a good portion of grapes for supper. Oh, and a handful of raisins before bed.

I know that's a lot at the end of the day, but honestly felt I'd underdone the intake throughout the day and needed to top-up (see weight below). Also at no stage did I feel I was overeating, and was having 'healthy' options throughout. Still total KCal only about 1,600 so well within goal range!

So week 8 Weigh In - and guess what another loss of 4 lb.

rationalising I've not really had enough calories per day to stabilise weight (despite higher levels at weekends). I think the low fat/low cal/low carb lifestyle has become something of a habit - which is really what I was aiming for back in January when I started LL, afterall we are trying to make permanent lifestyle changes to avoid the weight coming back on - aren't we?

So is it so bad that I'm making such consciously 'good' decisions around food & drink?

I know it's all good, but really MUST set myself a minimum weight - and NOT a target. Perhaps as I'm now 12 st 2 lb I should allow myself a few more 2-3 lb losses before starting to get concerned.

IF I said minimum weight of 11 st 7lb, that would be a BMI of 23.6 - bang mid-range 'normal' so not a worrying figure. The only problem I have with this is will I subconsciously view this as a target, being the competitive beast that I am? I'll really try not to as if nothing else it'll mean all my new clothes will be too big and I just can't afford to buy any more until the autumn!

So plenty to ponder.

However, cereals week starts today so I'mm make sure to adhere to that religiously and see what happens (I'll miss the LL porridge though). TTFN

Thursday week 9 Day 1

Cereal week ,and despite having 10 'spare' LL porridge packs I had a big bowl of home made muesli (organic oats, and barley mixed with raisins, dried figs and dried apricot). Now I weighed out 50g and it barely covered the bottom of the bowl, so I doubled. I know this is breaking the rules but I want to stop losing weight and it's getting increasingly obvious to me that the LL guidelines can't suit everyone - I guess the measures are aimed at the Ladies as there are far more of them who diet than men. As men need more calories then measures should be adjusted - this is possibly one of the reasons behind the increasing weight losses; anyway I ate the 100g and enjoyed it - although it did seem a little 'bitter' after getting used to the LL sweetness, but I think I'll get used to it rather than add splenda etc.

Lunch had a very small salad with a slice of ham, and a few pickled onions (small silver-skin), I intended to bring an apple to work but forgot so when I got home I was really hungry and had an apple whilst preparing the dinner.

Dinner was veg curry (fresh chili, ginger, aubergine, red peppers, onion, garlic, butternut squash, mange tout, baby corn, tin toms, coriander, turmeric, cardamon, a spoon of madras paste and veg stock), simmered for about an hour and served with fresh mango slices and Chapati. DEVINE - and enough to freeze for another day :)

Yes, Today I've eaten my 'cereal' from trigger week, and also my first BREAD - lol a week early :) but no 'staples' and no LL Packs - finished with large portion of SF Jelly, then a chocolate & vanilla Muller light and a handful of raisins before bed....

Phew, a really good day - plenty of food, but mostly at the end of the day ~ 1,400 KCal in total so still not up to where I should be (Friday again so a couple of glasses of wine will top up tonight).

Not a worry re cereals being a trigger yet, also no reaction to the chapati, but the chocolate Muller Light was VERY moreish... (never been one for chocolate especially so that's a surprise).

VERY HAPPY today. I've broken the bread taboo, and also stuck to cereals which is the first time in RTM I've been 'on plan' from day one in a week :)

About 90 mins walking yesterday which also felt really good - especially as the sun was shining, so overall a very happy day.

You are right, the RTM program is more aimed at women than at men - and the portion sizes they suggest are a bit too small. My boyfriend kept losing all the way until week 9 or so; whereas I stopped at Week 3. Then again everyone's different - some women do keep on losing.

As for the losing mentality... Remember I still had it about a week ago? It does go once everything is in place. When all your food isn't 'restricted' anymore - probably by week 11, you will feel a whole lot more human and the desire to maintain will be stronger than the desire to lose - because suddenly you'll find yourself in the "big bad world of food" without the support of the foodpacks.

It took me a drunken night and allowing myself a little bit of indulgence to break the control obsession I had. Granted I still am counting calories; but only for long-term maintenance purposes. You are well on your way there too -you're experimenting with the staples and carbs :)eek: wow the carbs! :D ) and you're recognising that they are just food. I mean remember before the diet? We felt like we needed 80% of our plate loaded with rice, pasta, whatever. Now? It's just an addition. ;)

Honestly; the competitive 'loss' mentality will fade away and give way to a more 'health oriantated' mentality. Remember to look into nutrition: we can't all live in a low-fat, low-sugar, low-whatever world. We still do need certain nutrients and vitamins that come from many different sources. It's just knowing how to make a better choice (if there is such a thing? :confused: ) because things like bread shouldn't be feared: however; wholemeal will get digested better/give you more in return than a processed-wheat white slice. Or knowing that not all low-fat dairy is all that great because they add lots of sugar to compensate for loss of texture and taste. All do this, except 0% Greek Yoghurt I think... You know? I always hated Greek Yoghurt, or plain yoghurt in general, now I actually buy it and eat it as dessert with some frozen berries (makes it into an ice-cream with some splenda and a dash of vanilla essence!)

The other reason the 'loss' mentality will go is when your body stabilises a little by the end of RTM - some body chemistry will switch. I don't know what happened, but after eating more "properly" this last week or so; I'm much more awake, and I feel healthier. You know how we'd always feel empty in body all the way through LL? Now my body feels more rigid, and strong. I don't feel so frail/weak anymore - and perhaps once that feeling goes for you, you will feel like a totally whole new person. You'll just wake up one day and just know yourself that little bit better.

At least - those were my experiences over the last week or two in relation to the mentality that you are still finding yourself in. Once the LL RTM routine goes - you need a whole new routine of your own! :p

Oh and a good substitute for LL Porridge in the morning is 20-30g Quaker's 'Original' Rolled Oats +hot water +some milk -- whack in the microwave or you can leave it to 'brew' for 30 mins. Add some sweetner/fruit - and while it won't be as sweet as LL porridge; the consistency is more pleasing. :D
30g of Quaker Oats is 106 kcal - so it's not bad at all!

(and sorry for the really long post, I do go on a bit .... lol)

Min, please don't apologise I've found what you say really encouraging, and hope you are right. TBH I feel a lot more comfortable about the varied food and carb (yes) choices and I've even managed to add little extras in these last 2-3 days without feeling remorse afterwards.

What you say about Carbs is 100% correct, pre LL the plate would have been 80% cabs (especially rice & pasta), now barely 10% seems to be plenty. I suspect this will change to a healthier % over the coming weeks but I'm happy to include on the plate now at least!

Friday week 9 day 2
Home made muesli and skimmed milk, then lunch was ~250g fresh fruit salad (lovely sunny day so didn't want LL soup). Then at home went for ~1 hr walk stopping off at bar for large glass of red wine and a dish of black olives (very civilized). Pre dinner drink of Pastis. Dinner was poached salon fillet with Thai spices, rocket salad and couscous; clean, light and fresh. Desert Muller light - then late night snack of raisins.

All accompanied by a half bottle of Picpoul du Pinet (cotes du Languedoc). I don't know if I 'needed' the raisins and I ate everything left in the packet, was this a 'binge'? Hmm, I was a little tipsy but at least I chose healthy option and stopped when packet was empty & went to bed.

If that's as 'bad' as I get then I can live with that !!! :) :)

Saturday week 9 day 3

Had LL porridge and blackberries for breakfast - simply for the change, then went fruit picking and nibbled a few strawberries whilst picking (also had a small taste of fig & walnut cake that my wife was eating with coffee). Large salad for lunch with remains of last night's couscous and pickled onions (yum). Picked at more strawberries through the afternoon then G&T (slimline) pre dinner with olives.

Dinner was Chicken cooked with chick peas in a home made Italian sauce (pasata, onion, red peppers & cayenne) topped with fresh herb, served with spinach and aprox 50g pasta. Desert of strawberries and low fat natural yougurt, then evening snack of LL bar and a few dried apricots. Again a couple of glasses of Red Wine (well ~ 2/3 of the bottle all through the evening I guess).

Happy with intake so far, and with alcohol K Cal have increased to aprox 2,000 each of the last 2 days. Plenty of exercise as well though so Net ~ 1,700 - 1,800 average so actually still a little way to increase yet. It'll come, leave it naturally and be pleased that the variety is increasing.

Have planned meals for next 7 days and deliberately increased Cal and Carb intake each day. Also it's our Wedding Anniversary on Thursday so I'm cooking a 3 course meal and we're going out next Saturday night :) I also have 2 days away again this week so plenty of opportunity to be a little more relaxed with choices.

Enjoy the Sunny Sunday

Sunday week 9 day4

Beautiful Sunny Day so spent the entire day outside. ~4hrs pressure-washing paving (only another 3-4hrs still to do), and a great 90 minute walk along the canals around Foxton Locks.

Home made musili and fresh strawberry breakfast, light salad with one slice ham for lunch then roast dinner (pork, roast sweet potatoes, cauli, carrot & peas), desert was fresh goosberries cooked in splenda, topped with wholmeal oats and dessicated coconut - I called it my Goosberry Grumble! At least I really liked it (family thought it a little 'bitter' and added sugar/ice-cream); in fact I had 2 portions AND a small scoop of ice-cream :)

Glass of wine and some dried fruit before bed.

Overall ~2,200 KCal so a little closer to target, but plenty of exercise. Feeling good, healthy and very happy at the moment. I have noticed that the cereals are filling me up but DO seem to have increased my apetite generally. I've 2 (LARGE) portions left for Monday & Tuesday then back to LL Porridge - it'll be interesting to see if the smaller portion size affect me from Wednesday.

Monday week 9 day 5

Back to work after the sunny weekend.

Home made muesli breakfast - ~ 150g as want to use up before end of cereals week (that's my excuse) and skimmed milk
Apple for snack
LL bar and apple for lunch (away from office again)
Dinner of lean pork, grilled and served with Cauliflower, small green salad, and savoury rice - TBH I didn't really want the rice but felt I should. Again only had about 2 forks full, and really didn't want any more. My wife still thinks this is strange behaviour as I used to eat TONS of rice especially. I'm sure my desire will return in time but at the moment I'm more comfortable with just 'nibbling' at these carbs.
Gooseberry & oats desert with a little 0% yoghurt, then a hand full of dried figs last thing.

Tuesday week 9 day 6
Breakfast - the end of home-made cereals (hooray as really tasty so can't be tempted)
lunch - green salad, 1/2 cocktail sausage, sliver of bacon (at conference & not eating bread yet)
Dinner - home made shepherd pie, I did have a little of the potato (another FIRST), with mixed veg
Snack - bowl of strawberries and yoghurt.

Overall Mon & Tues average calories intake: 1,700 which isn't too far off my target of 2,000. I think sub-consciously I treat the early part of the week as a 'detox' from the weekend, and have done so for 20+ years so not really a surprise that this is continuing. Walked both days again so average NET is back around 1,550. I should have lost a couple of lb again at that rate, so will be interesting to see at WI tonight.

Is it possible that I'm still aiming for WI to be a 'target' each week? I've only got 3 more weeks and I'll be finished RTM and LL proper, I think I'll miss next week's WI and see if my attitude to food changes next week as a result. Will still give me 2 weeks to 'sort' if I do have any issues.

Sounds like a plan.

Cooking for Wedding Anniversary tomorrow night (high fat :) ) and going out on Saturday to celebrate so hopefully balance will return.

Back