Quins; back to the plan.

Popping in to follow your diary..... :D

Ha! Mini, I'm not a chef , just enjoy cooking, especially Saturday nights. I've had plenty of practice. Even people at work are amazed what I rustle up in the works microwave! It's rubbing off on my kids, D1 at uni in Bath has exquisite meals, not what a student would be expected to have! She's had a part time job in Waitrose.....

I've just seen my spell check in the above post....apparently we had my parents as a starter, not prawns!

Phew.... very relieved to hear it was prawns.... although I have to admit I did check a close up of the picture to make sure lol :D

'Ning everyone..... Grey and blustery down south, warm too. Another busy day ahead, hoping to get tractor going and the topper attached to deal with the overgrown grass in the garden area of the other farm. Finger crossed that our kindly neighbour is around to help us hook up and get it started.

After yesterday's culinary efforts I think it's back to food that cooks itself while we're out. Will,season and prepare a chicken and roast it on a bed of onions and peppers, carrots , swede. Probably with with diced roast potatoes that we had in the week, they were delicious. Might try an EE day or go green.

Also noticed that the ticker factory thing is still the same , so will faff about with that again one more time then it's going in the bin. Mini, what am I doing wrong?

I see your ticker has updated your 4 lbs loss...

Ha! Mini, I'm not a chef , just enjoy cooking, especially Saturday nights. I've had plenty of practice. Even people at work are amazed what I rustle up in the works microwave! It's rubbing off on my kids, D1 at uni in Bath has exquisite meals, not what a student would be expected to have! She's had a part time job in Waitrose.....

I've just seen my spell check in the above post....apparently we had my parents as a starter, not prawns!

Looks like you have it done to a fine art...everything is so well presented. It is such a good skill to pass on to your children and nothing nicer than cooking for friends and family...I need to work on my presentation after looking at your photos.

Bit of a lost day, weather was a bit pants , gusty V light drizzle followed by heavier drizzle, enough to make it not worthwhile using sit on mower to knock the long grass down. Couldn't get the tractor going, completely flat battery on charge now. Had 3 visitors , neighbour farmer who wanted to show us the hay on his fields in another village , might rest our own field and have sheep on it instead of taking hay off, then another neighbour old boy woodsman helped us get the topper connected to the tractor. Then another , the handyman tractor / mower man. The whole morning and early afternoon was talk about haying and the unpredictable weather thats preventing us taking a cut, getting turned and dried then baled and taken in off the fields to the barns...

Chest is still v itchy, burning,
Green

B. Breakfast tray. LMc red onion Rosemary sausages, cherry toms, mushrooms SW wedges fry light egg. Photo

Banana

L. 2 wm toast, hexb, phili light spread, marmite baked beans eggs just collected from hens.

D. Roast chicken ( fresh chopped thyme garlic, chicken slashed across breast and thighs, and rubbed in added seasonal and loads of black pepper, then drenched with lemon juice and lemon quarters in bids cavity) hex b, roast seasoned parmentier potatoes, chicken roasted in bed of onions, carrots swede, peas and left over cauli cheese, 2 syns. Couldn't eat it all, not feeling it , Mrs Quins said the chicken was really tasty. It did look good, but didn't take photo

Your food looks very lovely indeed :) sorry that you had a bit of a rubbish day yesterday but hope that you're feeling better today and that it also picks up for you!

Ruth
X

Greeted at work with, " you look rough...should you be here....go home..." I felt so much better but not there yet. Nearly missed my stop in the train home.
Red
B. Porridge hex b, black currants truvia made with water

L. Chicken thighs, left over roasted onions peppers.

D. SW chicken sweetcorn ( and crab or cr@p sticks ) soup. Sweetcorn hex b 2? Syns 3-4 (1 desert spoon oil between 3, 2 teaspoons cornflour...) fresh chili doing its thing, along with the garlic and ginger. Got a glow going.

Muller lite yoghurt orange choc sprinkles, banana and an apple

Choc orange options with mini marshmallows 3 syns

Tea spoon peanut butter to get syns up 2
9 syns,

Tuesday

Green
Cough candy on train 2 syns?

B. Porridge hexb , black currants , water truvia

L. Quorn peppered steak, 1 tesco meat free burger 1/2 syn, mushy peas and SW wedges

Banana

D. Veg chilli and pasta mixed shapes and colours .1 syn for oil 1 table spoon olive oil between 4.

Options hot choc 3 syns

6 1/2 syns

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
HH, I bought the truvia as the healthy option. As usual, anything healthy is way more expensive.... I think the truvia also has an underlying vanilla flavour, not bad in sweet things but a tiny bit irritating when used in savoury, when sweetening a tomato sauce for instance.

That's why I asked I'd seen it in the shops & tempted because its supposed to be healthier, but yikes a lot more expensive, not sure the daughter is worth it, lol

It's definitely more like sugar, granulated too, but blo0dy expensive compared to the supposed non/less healthy options.
I'm going to stick with it though, I've spent enough on cr@p......

Wednesday
Green.
Cough candy on train ...2 syns
B. 2wm hovis toasted, scrambled eggs with spring onion in works microwave, hot sauce from Trinidad.

L. Left over pasta and quorn , veg chili. 1 syn , Sri Lankan mate tempted me with a small piece of fish and egg roti and another savoury , 12 syns or there about.

D. Jacket spud, beans, phili lite hex A, a v small chicken thigh hex b 2, salad and salad cream light, 1 syn

Muller lite toffee yoghurt and banana

16 syns

Feeling full.......feeling v sore round the neck and up to left ear...

The settee is calling, TDF highlights then on skybox the 3rd match in the State of Origin Series , New SouthWales v Queensland. It doesn't get better than this on a grey Wednesday night! I know you ladies are jealous.....

Last edited:
Food looks very fab indeed! I hope you enjoy the TDF highlights. I was working on the road that it went past when it came through Harrogate a couple of years back!

Ruth
X

Back