Quins; back to the plan.

Gin and tonic .. A perfect use of syns!
I was going to suggest maybe low magnesium .. Could you build in a spoon of peanut butter into your day? Maybe scraped onto Apple slices? I have a severe b12 deficiency but dislike both pb and choc spread so don't crave them lol

Saturday

Another long hot day prepping for hay making. Chainsawing fallen tree that was blocking a gateway, needed clearing so that the tractor with baler and sled can get through later in the week. More mowing. Tractor started first pop, knocked down overgrown weeds in one paddock. Neighbouring farmer cut our hay. Nearly finished clearing the orchard of tree prunings ( branches!)

B. Breakfast today, left over new potatoes, sliced and seasoned with smoked paprika , pepper , salt. Large tomato , mushroom and Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages.

Plums and green gauges off the trees.
L. 4 ryvita original dark rye, 2 laughing cow light, crab sticks , pickled onions.

D. Did a BBQ as we were all helping. Syns on 2 chipolatas 5, 2 small beef kebabs 5, chicken thigh and drumsticks, spiralised courgette in lemon juice, chilies, peppers cucumber. Coke Zero.

Muller light vanilla with choc sprinkles.

I'm sure I had some other syns somewhere.

Saturday

Another long hot day prepping for hay making. Chainsawing fallen tree that was blocking a gateway, needed clearing so that the tractor with baler and sled can get through later in the week. More mowing. Tractor started first pop, knocked down overgrown weeds in one paddock. Neighbouring farmer cut our hay. Nearly finished clearing the orchard of tree prunings ( branches!)

B. Breakfast today, left over new potatoes, sliced and seasoned with smoked paprika , pepper , salt. Large tomato , mushroom and Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages.

Plums and green gauges off the trees.
L. 4 ryvita original dark rye, 2 laughing cow light, crab sticks , pickled onions.

D. Did a BBQ as we were all helping. Syns on 2 chipolatas 5, 2 small beef kebabs 5, chicken thigh and drumsticks, spiralised courgette in lemon juice, chilies, peppers cucumber. Coke Zero.

Muller light vanilla with choc sprinkles.

I'm sure I had some other syns somewhere.

Your food, in particular breakfast sounds so lovely! Was just reading above too about the possible deficiency. Is there anything over the counter or that a doctor could prescribe? If not then a level tsp of PB for 2 Syns ain't too bad and yum as well!
Hope you're having a fab weekend!

Ruth
X

Almonds are a good source of magnesium, I might add few or carry on with PB. I'm not alone in the PB craving , plenty of info out there on the web.

A cracking " undulating" ride today. Blo@dy hard. Hills really take it out on me. I'm fine on the flat, any incline and it does for me. The others riders are stick thin, I must be at least 2-3 stone heavier than them; I'm not built for going up hills, but I descend like a rocket!

B. Coffee before ride, rode in the fasted state I.e no brekkie

Brunch at cafe stop after 32 miles, poached eggs on wm toast. 2 sugars in my coffee. Tough outward leg followed by tough homeward leg.....I managed to take 2nd place. I ramped up the pain and beat Cliff, one of the wiry fellas, he is 77! Some amazing old boys ride out. At least 2-3 age group World Champions, phenomenal riders and athletes.

Post ride, 2 cups of tea and a handful of salted almonds, multi vit tablet and 2 bee pollen tablets for vit b vits.

another bbq later, will curb my intake tonight, probably stick to quorn burgers and LMc sausages.

Monday

Green

B. Fry lite eggs, beans in 2 wm toast hexb spread with phili lite

L. Jacket spud cheeses beans salad at cafe, 3 syns for butter on spud, could really taste it!

Banana before leaving work.

D. Brown rice, pork loin hex b 2, stir fry veg, 2 syns for oil used. D1 cooked, lovely.

3 almonds about 2 syns?

7 syns

12.1 miles bike commute, felt blo@dy cold this morning!

B. Overnight porridge with raspberries and strawberries

L. Scrambled eggs, beans on 2 wm toasted 6 syns 2 quorn sausages 2 syns and cucumber.

Banana on train.

12.1 Mile commute home at fastest average speed to date 18.5 mph, a hard effort

D. Brown rice , 1 chicken thigh roasted hexb on bed of red onions, courgettes, carrots.

Muller light yoghurt.

Syns 8 ,+ 2 for peanut butter, + 3 for almonds , + 2 for teaspoon ice team. 15 syns

Wednesday

Green

12.1 mikes hard commute bike ride

B. 3 egg omelette with onions, chili,peas , 1 wm toast normal bread hexb 2 quorn sausages 2 syns

L. Pasta shapes, tomato sauce tinned chopped toms, fennel seeds onions, spinach, phili lite quorn mince. Cucumber

12.1 commute, easy effort home.

D. Jacket spud, beans, chicken thigh.2 syns butter , phili lite

Almonds, ice cream, options choc. 15 syns. Feeling a bit low and ailing for something, enjoyed hot choc.

19 syns
A bit high

12.1 miles hard commute, PB , trying to make sure I caught the train. It was late anyway....

B. Spicy scrambled eggs on toast with chopped bacon, chilies, onions

L. Chicken thigh and piri piri breast fillers on 4 ryvita original dark rye, red onion, cucumber cherry toms, 2 laughing cow lite

12.1 mile commute home

Getting home late and sweaty. Prepped a dinner before showering then couldn't be @rsed waiting for it.

D egg and beans on toast 2 wm 6 syns , 2 syns for sauce.

Uninspired.

Last edited:
Your breakfast sounds very yum.
You sound a bit down? Hope you're alright!!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth, I'm just feeling very tired , getting home late and carrying a bit of stress. Got holiday coming up, but my sis in law is marrying her very ill partner , possibly terminally ill. The wedding celebration means we have to cut holiday short,. However, we can now access the cottage in Cornwall earlier, but this means I will miss a leaving do for one of my staff that she planned around my original leave.....it's rained over night twice, that's put hay making back, possibly to Sunday at the earliest, worst way into next week which means taking more time off work before holiday...plus there's not many of us to get the hay in.....and we have a house viewing on Saturday and my student kids have come home and dumped all their stuff around the house....absolute tip. Gawd help us. It's just life stuff that will unravel.

I'm going to get back on my bike and ride off into a zen trance lol....

Hi Ruth, I'm just feeling very tired , getting home late and carrying a bit of stress. Got holiday coming up, but my sis in law is marrying her very ill partner , possibly terminally ill. The wedding celebration means we have to cut holiday short,. However, we can now access the cottage in Cornwall earlier, but this means I will miss a leaving do for one of my staff that she planned around my original leave.....it's rained over night twice, that's put hay making back, possibly to Sunday at the earliest, worst way into next week which means taking more time off work before holiday...plus there's not many of us to get the hay in.....and we have a house viewing on Saturday and my student kids have come home and dumped all their stuff around the house....absolute tip. Gawd help us. It's just life stuff that will unravel.

I'm going to get back on my bike and ride off into a zen trance lol....

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and stress. The riding off into a zen trance does sound like a favourable action in this scenario ;) I hope that things subside as much as they can and that everything manages to sort itself in terms of the weather! (And your kids!)
I think the others are just part of life's rich tapestry and a good old conundrum, you have everything perfectly planned but then other things creep in through no fault of their own and in their own right and out of the window those original plans go.
Either way, I hope the pressure lifts a bit and you have a better day/weekend.

Ruth
X

Another 24 .2 miles cycling today. My total so far this week is 97 miles cycled , with some hard efforts thrown in too. Might be ad,ding to the general tiredness.

I'm getting irritable when my daughter cooks in the evenings. Tonight is blo@dy lasagna, I've just seen a huge dollop of stick light go in the pan for a white sauce mix, let alone the cheese to add to it. Absolutely gutted. I won't be touching up, so it's back to effing beans and egg on toast. Sorry for the rant. Might try and calm down and see if I can get in the kitchen to cook somethings else...

12.1 miles commute
B. 4 ryvita , cherry toms, red onion , cucumber, 2 LMc red onion Rosemary sausages. 2 laughing cow lite.

L. Quorn turkey steaks, baked over courgettes, I ins, peppers, chopped chili, seasoned. Another uninspiring meal.

Last edited:
Saturday, should be shattered day.

About 60 miles into an 80 miler with the club I got a phone call while we were at our 2nd coffee stop. My Mrs tells me we are going to be baling hay in 2 hours. Nightmare. Was planned to be done on Sunday hence the long ride today.
Just back, couldn't get now where near all of it off the fields into the barns. Only got about half of one field in, about 300 bales. Had to stack the rest in the field by moonlight. Absolutely knackered, God knows how much sweat I've lost today.

B. 30 miles into ride, egg beans on toast at glider club, brown sauce, buttered toast, 2 coffees with sugar.

60 miles into ride, tin coke, bake well tart, slice of.

In between loading and stacking bales in barn, a left over half burger cup of tea
D. Circa 1030 pm some toast.

Last edited:
Back