Quins; back to the plan.

Yay! 1lb off and 12'10 , I'm at my target again... V pleased with that at can honestly say that I've not gone without. I reckon I could lose another half a stone. Might be time to re think target weight.

Well done @Quins :) so pleased for you- what an inspiration you are!!!! If you feel that you would like to go lower and that you could also maintain it then why not!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth, I take a lot of inspiration from you! Hope you are feeling a little better?

Saturday

2 mile commute to station, 1 mile commute from Waterloo to work.

B. An Almond croissant tha a colleague brought in, with a fresh made filter coffee on our machine it was delicious!

L. Left over chili and some tesco meat free balls , a slice of wm toast with butter, the butter really tasted exquisite.

46 hard miles from London to home, some good elevation too. A very tough ride, my legs hurt , which is unusual . Probably down to carrying the ruck sack for a long ride. Usual ally only carry it for a max if 45 mins, this was 3.5 hours.

When I got home I was on the limit, dead tired , hungry , thirsty, in pain.... A couple of mouthfuls of left over lasagna with ketchup.
Before I had a bath I weighed and it showed 12'9 bang on...

D. Thai green curry with chicken , prawns and loads of peppers, baby sweetcorn , onions, broccoli, low fat count milk, great Thai curry paste. Boiled Thai fragrant jasmine rice. Thanks to eldest daughter for making it. So scrummy.

2 muller light yoghurts, some cereal, 2 squares dark chocolate, loads of water.

Loads if syns , probably 25. , but my Garmin did show that I used up over 1500 calories, I'm surer hats nit about sly correct, even it is was 500 out....

image.jpeg
Sunday

Didn't get round to harrowing, my daughters poo picked having put the new wheel barrow together. I hoovered the lawn of leaves , cleaned 2 bikes down and oiled them. A lazy day by usual standards.

Daughters also cooked a lovely roast topside beef , o swerved the roast spuds, gravy and Yorkies. Enjoyed the syns in horseradish and mustard and 3 glasses of wine. Looking forward to trying the upside down pear cake

Had a very energetic weekend, Saturday walked a good 5 miles in the gorgeous sunshine, Sunday slightly different started off walking in the sunshine and then suddenly from nowhere a down pour of rain... I got absolutely soaked then realised that I had to walk the return journey looking like a drown rat worked out to be about 4 miles would have done more but the weather got the better of me.

image.jpeg

There's my roast chicken, seasoned with curry spices on a bed of chopped veg and , cumin and fennel seeds, salt pepper and stock cube.

Monday

Off plan. Curry beers, entertaining friends.

Going to be a trying couple of weeks.
Dads birthday end of this week, meal out at local pub, then I'm away for a week with work.......

Tuesday

B. Nil.

L. Half pack micro rice, 1 syn. Chicken breast and veg , half tin mushy peas, cherry Tom cucumber and red onion salad.

D...

View attachment 183967
There's my roast chicken, seasoned with curry spices on a bed of chopped veg and , cumin and fennel seeds, salt pepper and stock cube.

Monday

Off plan. Curry beers, entertaining friends.

Going to be a trying couple of weeks.
Dads birthday end of this week, meal out at local pub, then I'm away for a week with work.......

Tuesday

B. Nil.

L. Half pack micro rice, 1 syn. Chicken breast and veg , half tin mushy peas, cherry Tom cucumber and red onion salad.

D...
Roast chicken looks absolutely amazing, it's my Dad's Birthday too therefore I indulged in a piece of my homemade Coffee cake that I made him and it was delicious!!! I have no idea of the syn value, gonna go with at least 20.....Don't worry I sent the rest home with him to avoid any further temptation.... Back to plan first thing in the morning.

Oooo Quins that food looks so scrummy!!
How you doing?
I hope that all is well :)

Ruth
X

Busy week, only managed 24 miles on bike, 1 commute. Sore throat on Thursday, feeling better today.

Good news, I've maintained 12'10. Thought I might have a gain after Monday.

I've had a few syns through the week on peanut butter, a slice if toast with butter, some haribos (3) a Jaffa cake and the craving for cereal with dried fruit and nuts that I'm putting in my muller light yoghurt at night. Also had a couple of options hot choc in evening.

Meals have been good. Definitely smaller portions and packed with salad , veg.

Meals at work are on a theme, usually a Quorn or tesco meat free product, balls, burgers, mushy peas , micro rice , salad.
Had tinned new potatoes yesterday, really nice!

Dads birthday this weekend, starts tonight with a buffet at home.

Friday night was a real giggle,e, lovely food and drink. Dad thoroughly enjoyed himself. Did a load, smoked salmon, olives, onion bhajees, breaded chicken strips, lamb cutlets, seasoned and grilled, seasoned wedges and actifry chips, salad, French bread, duck and apple pate, wine, G&Ts , coffees, liqueurs ,

Saturday ,

Started to move 10 Tonne of 22mm gravel on to our drive, sweated buckets.
Went out for evening meal to our local pub. Shared garlic mushrooms with Mrs Q, half of the French stick. Son had smoked duck breast and orange salad, exquisite and loads of it. For main I had rib eye steak , potatoes and veg, delicious, steak was cooked over coals. Picked at the chips that came with my Mrs Q char grilled sea bas. I dont usually have pudding, but our local does a home made cherry bakewell to die for..... Washed down with about 3 pints of Harvey's .
Forgot to add that we had pre drinks in mum and dads , G&Ts for me but tucked into the crisps!

Sunday,

Egg on toast and tomatoes on toast

Finished moving the gravel, we all ache!

Seafood sticks and cherry toms for lunch

Roast lamb , half a jacket spud, greens, carrots, peas leeks, roast spuds for the others and gravy.

Muller light, 2 T spoons peanut butter.

Packed to go away for the week. I know it won't be SW friendly.

Last edited:
Friday

B. 2 Linda Mc red onion Rosemary sausages, cherry toms, scrambled eggs spiced, celery onion peppers diced, small 1.5 potatoe wedges from half a left over jacket. All tray baked. Coffee milk

L. Chicken thighs seasoned and roasted on veg... 4 syns for some crispy chicken skin

D. Poached salmon fillet, actifry chips, salad and peas

Muller light vanilla choc sprinkl yoghurt.

Back on plan, feels good.

Saturday

Mrs Q and youngest went off last night to Edinburgh to see Uni.

B. Eggs scrambled with fresh chili, red pepper, onions, mushrooms, cherry toms and 3 rashers lean bacon.

Poo picked a whole field with my eldest daughter, blisters, hand absolutely like a claw, 24 barrows of horse poo,

L. Chicken thighs , no skin, salad

D. Fresh blue prawns cooked in green Thai curry with diced green beans, onions, red pepper, Thai fragrant sticky rice.

8 syns for the paste and coconut milk light?

A 2 finger kit Kat 5 syns

If Saturday was shoit, almost literally, all that poo picking then Sunday was harrowing. Tractor started end first time, beautiful.

B. Porridge, mixed seeds and currants, honey, 6 syns?

L. Home made root veg soup ( chunks), fresh prawns, post a very slow bike ride. My eldest daughter hacked her horse, we went along back lanes and friends fields.

Harrowing

D. Prepared the chicken last night, tandoori paste mix, no fat yoghurt, 6 cloves garlic, 2" piece fresh ginger, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, Tom purée , juice of a lime, salt pepper smoked paprika, cayenne pepper all blitzed. Scored the chicken across breast and legs, rubbed paste in. Sat chicken on top of sliced onions , chopped swede and carrots. Set the timer for 2 hours as we were out all day. Cooked to perfection @ 170°. Boiled new potatoes and green beans.

MrsQ and youngest appreciated it as they arrived back from Edinburgh.

Muller light yoghurt.

I'm not tired......

Monday

B. Porridge with seeds, sweeter , water honey, 5 syns

L. Jacket spud and tomatoe based sausage casserole type thing , 3 syns

Nibbles at work, 7 syns

D. Pork loin stir fry , loads of veg, fresh chili, ginger and garlic, boiled rice. 3 syns for shared oil and teaspoon honey .

18 syns.......

Trying to get enthused to commute on bike tomorrow morning, getting the clothing right is proving difficult. I need to be warm enough to function, not so warm that I'm a sweaty mess then get cold when I stop and sit on the train.. Need Trinny and Susannah.

Tuesday

Epic fail on getting up to cycle to station. Feeling way to out of sorts, but dizzy and sinuses feel like they are ready to play up. So tired.

B. Toast 4 syns

L. Chicken thighs cooked in slow cooker with potatoes onions carrots and a chaser mix. 1 syn

Snacked on a chicken thigh

D. Chili con carne boiled rice 2 syns

Package arrived with some new bike kit, helmets , Bob longs and a couple of pack down insulated jackets to try on, objective is to wear them post ride in the winter, when I'm sat in train and cooling down. No time to try the stuff on....

Been MIA last few days, v busy and it's taken until Friday for me to feel up,to getting on the bike.

Had beers at a leaving do mid week, food mainly in plan but nibbling naughty treats at work, not focused so making poor choices without thinking too much.

Friday 25 miles comuytung
Saturday about 15 miles commuting
Getting back in the groove , but it it pitch black and about 5° in the mornings and 9° when I come home.

Looking forward to cooking fresh prawns , Thai veg green curry later. Will resist the sesame seed prawn toast and duck rolls! Or will resistance be futile?

Back