Quins; back to the plan.

IMG_0801.JPG
Last nights Thai veg curry and spicy prawns with pak choi red peppers onions garlic and fresh ginger, served with fragrant jasmine rice. Lo fat coconut milk. About 4 syns all in.

Resistance was futile, I nibbled at the duck roll and prawn toast.

Later me and mrsQ treated ourselves to cheese, cheddar and dolcelata with a couple of small glasses of port! Merry xmas, that's how it felt.

Sunday

B. Breakfast tray , 2 LMc red onion Rosemary sausages, onions green peppers diced, vine ripened tomatoes,
Scrambled eggs , 1 slice spelt bread with 1/2 laughing cow light Nan's marmite.

L. Smoked mackerel strips 3 ryvita original , gherkins spring onions, 1 laughing cow light, horseradish , 3 syns
Banana

D. Slow cooker silverside beef, cooked in port, rich beef stock, diced carrot, celery , swede, fresh thyme bay leaf and rosemary, SW parmentier potatoes, mixed veg of green beans, sweetheart cabbage, carrots , broccoli. 4 syns for oil and horseradish

Muller light with handful of fruit fibre, 3 syns

Mores syns in peanut butter and slice of bread 8 syns

18 syns...

Sunday

B. Breakfast tray , 2 LMc red onion Rosemary sausages, onions green peppers diced, vine ripened tomatoes,
Scrambled eggs , 1 slice spelt bread with 1/2 laughing cow light Nan's marmite.

L. Smoked mackerel strips 3 ryvita original , gherkins spring onions, 1 laughing cow light, horseradish , 3 syns
Banana

D. Slow cooker silverside beef, cooked in port, rich beef stock, diced carrot, celery , swede, fresh thyme bay leaf and rosemary, SW parmentier potatoes, mixed veg of green beans, sweetheart cabbage, carrots , broccoli. 4 syns for oil and horseradish

Muller light with handful of fruit fibre, 3 syns

Mores syns in peanut butter and slice of bread 8 syns

18 syns...

Sounds lovely @Quins :) hope you enjoyed it!! Yum yum!

Ruth
X

Monday was not very good. Had to go to a meeting near Southampton, trains were pants. Git breakfast at Waterloo, went for porridge and banana. It was some rolled oats in a full fat yoghurt with honey, nice but.
Lunch was provided at the meeting, bloody trays of sandwiches and I was starving....

D. A turkey steak, jacket and salad.

Tuesday

B. 2 wm toasted hex b, egg and beans on toast with laughing cow spread and marmite.

27 mile bike ride, quite sweaty.

L. SW curried parsnip soup, followed with some very lean beef, salad and cherry toms

Gardening, very sweaty

D. Chicken thighs dhansak style, 2 syns for some oil and pataks paste. Boiled rice and salad.

Will have a yoghurt and banana later to save syns, although I do fancy a hot chocolate.

Monday was not very good. Had to go to a meeting near Southampton, trains were pants. Git breakfast at Waterloo, went for porridge and banana. It was some rolled oats in a full fat yoghurt with honey, nice but.
Lunch was provided at the meeting, bloody trays of sandwiches and I was starving....

D. A turkey steak, jacket and salad.

Tuesday

B. 2 wm toasted hex b, egg and beans on toast with laughing cow spread and marmite.

27 mile bike ride, quite sweaty.

L. SW curried parsnip soup, followed with some very lean beef, salad and cherry toms

Gardening, very sweaty

D. Chicken thighs dhansak style, 2 syns for some oil and pataks paste. Boiled rice and salad.

Will have a yoghurt and banana later to save syns, although I do fancy a hot chocolate.

I reckon you have done really well there Quins! Meetings, conferences etc are not easy although being GF I normally get provided with a salad so I'm fairly lucky!
I would be chuffed with myself if I were you :)
Have a fabulous evening and have that hot choc!

Ruth
X

Thanks @Trefoil! Ruth, you made me chuckle about your facial expressions when you were eating your soup. Try the parsnip one, it's really thick, curried lentil will also be a thick soup too if you like that "condensed" type texture.

@Kgem , I'm up and down quite a bit recently, desperately trying to keep in the Target range for the time being. Another liaison do tomorrow night, already trying to get into G&T mind set.....beer beer beer, no, must resist....

Wednesday

0645 12 miles on the bike, 5° and dark... Used my new montane fireball jacket to warm me up on the train, beautiful piece of kit. Packs down into its own pocket so brilliant to put in my ruck sack , 40gms of primaloft , used by mountain rescue teams...toasty.

B. Got to work Hank! Porridge hexb , water truvia

L. Curried parsnip soup , 2 chicken thighs no skin, salad
1 choc biscuit , 4 syns?

12 mile bike ride home, sweaty and pitch black ...51 miles so far this week.

D. Chicken risotto and salad 1 syn for oil used divided up.

2 rice cakes., syns 3?

Last edited:
IMG_0805.PNG
Thursday

Total fail on the plan to stick to G&T, had beers. Food was good, minimal.

Weighed on Thursday morning was 12'11, pleased.

Friday on plan syns for bread and butter.

Saturday

B. In for a pretty tough ride today so got up early to get fuel on board. Porridge with water and honey followed by an egg and beans on wm toast.

77 miles with 3500 odd feet of climbing. Over 2000 calories burned. Sweated buckets and managed a decent average speed.

Coffee stop after 47 miles, more porridge this time made with milk and some sugar , coffee.

When I got home I had a chicken thigh, 2 rice cakes and some left over SW curried parsnip soup.

My engine is still running and I'm hungry !

Last edited:
Hope your week is going well! I seem to have got back on it after a dodgy long weekend so hoping for a loss on Sunday (I sneaked a peak this morning and I may be down a pound)

@Kgem boom! Get that pound off!

I'm hanging in , a bit of CBA this week with diary. Food not been bad, avoided a Halloween do tonight , but thrashed some cheese port and biscuits having out horses, chickens to bed. Just me and Mrs Quins watching Rugby League 4 nations. Kids gone to various varsity parties out West ( Exeter, Bridport, Gloucester).
Managed 48 miles on the bike this week, got a 100km event this Sunday, with ride in and home will be about 75 miles.

Weighed in this morning , in Target range at 12'11. V pleased with that. Maintaining.

Ooo the cheese, port and biscuits sound lovely and well done for being in target range, that's great! I bet it's lovely to have a night in on your own with Mrs Quins. I also bet it's nice to have a week off too, it's always good to have a break from time to time!
Glad to hear that things are going well!

Ruth
X

Saturday
Drop a horse trailer offer service.

Day spent working around the farm, tractor out,topping a paddock, poo picking, moving ponies fence line. Tractor mower to cut a lawn.

Neighbours fireworks, outrageous, a proper display over the fruit farm. Must have cost a fortune.

Food, mainly carbs, loading for tomorrow's 100km event,

Breakfast, porridge followed by boiled eggs toast

L. Leek potato soup,French stick

D. Chicken and pasta concoction.

Sunday

77.9 miles , on the bike. Event was 100km (62 odd miles) I added my ride in to the start and ride home. Smashed it, average speed of 17mph, sweated my nads off, fog and precipitation to start with, sun came out as we finished!

Got up early to eat breakfast of porridge , and egg on toast.

L. Left over pasta chicken

D. BBQ ribs slow cooker loads of veg and actifry chips.

2 beers with my dad.

Last edited:
@Mom38 , that'll be one of my predictive text mishaps! Meant to be BBQ ribs! I've had naked beans before ( baked) and a few other strange things... I did read in one thread that someone put their bowel in the microwave...ouch, I'm sure they meant bowl.

The ribs were very nice, I added diced carrot , swede and celery plus a couple of fresh chilies. The actifry chips were soooo nice and crispy. Not my normal Sunday night meal, but as I'm on my own I had to have something that pretty much cooked itself while I put the animals to bed.

Last edited:
@Mom38 , that'll be one of my predictive text mishaps! Meant to be BBQ ribs! I've had naked beans before ( baked) and a few other strange things... I did read in one thread that someone out their bowel in the microwave...ouch, I'm sure they meant bowl.

The ribs were very nice, I added diced carrot , swede and celery plus a couple of fresh chilies. The actifry chips were soooo nice and crispy. Not my normal Sunday night meal, but as I'm on my own I had to have something that pretty much cooked itself while I put the animals to bed.

Well it sounds lovely, must try the bbq sauce with the ribs. I made the SW bbq pulled pork once and it was bliddy awful...i think i may have done it wrong somehow though.

Naked beans...lol.

Back