Quins; back to the plan.

Hey @Trefoil , yeah , you've bern sorely missed! Glad your getting things sorted. Understand that you you are up to your eyeballs with work, wedding planning etc, so much going on. I'm just about getting back to normal, the flu really was horrible. Still feel worn out by the end of the week, I just think it's a struggle this time of year anyway. I missed my weigh in this week, couldn't get round to a normal routine with work and 3 house viewings ( for our house) on Saturday and went out for a mountain bike ride this morning. Although I've weighed after food and much later in the day , that looks like a 3lb gain. I'm a morning weigher. Never mind won't hurt to miss a week.

I saw that you nearly went to WW, you just got to do what suits you. I started using myfitness pal to get a calorific intake idea. It helps me keep a secondary focus on portion sizes. You'll soon be back in the groove. Great to gear from you.

Sunday

B. 1 egg on wm toast pre bike ride

Off road , 14 hard muddy miles in temperatures hovering just above freezing. Great fun though, completely covered head to toe. Took one tumble jumping a tree log. Could be sore tomorrow.

L. Wm roll chicken thigh and salad, with another chicken thigh, skin removed of course.

Nu me no fat Greek yoghurt with banana and sweetener.

Feeling hungry, hanging in for my Dinner. Another chicken thigh.

D. SW chicken and leek pie, with sweet potato topping. Rest of the family had double crust pie... Spring greens , carrots, peas, Brocoli . A syn or 2 for pie filling?

Nu me Greek yoghurt sweetener and rose water.

Not many sysn today...

Tuesday

B. Turkey sausages 1.5 syns each 3 syns, egg and tomatoes.

L. Tesco deli chicken thighs , no skin, off bone , spiralised courgettes, lettuce, 2 small beetroot

3 pints spitfire

Me cooking for Mrs Quins valentine....
D. Sirloin steak, mushrooms onions, with stir fry veg with blue prawns...4 syns for oil.

Then after sharing a bottle of her favourite Malbec....4 big pieces of toblerone, resistance was futile...

Slept like a log.....

Piece of toast wm 40og loaf , before cycle commute

12 miles , started raining, 4°, it got better , I loved it.

B. 2eggs , Spring onion, chili, scrambled in work microwave, lettuce in toasted wm. 2 syns sauce.

L. Chicken thighs and spiralised courgettes, lettuce, beetroot, pepper sauce.

12 mile cycle commit in pitch black...no rain. Starving!

D. Chili con carne boiled rice. 1 syn, blo@dy lovely.

Muller lite.

Last edited:
Thursday

24 miles cycling

B. Eggs, toasted sarnie
L. Chicken thigh salad
D. Left over chili race and a chicken thigh

Toblerone

Friday

Blo@dy cold commute in the morning 0.2 ° for first 7 miles , then fog gave way to sun over the fields.
24 miles

B. Eggs, turkey sausages 3 syns tinned toms
L. Chicken breast spiralised courgettes, salad , beetroot, a spare turkey sausage 1.5,syns
D. A lamb chop, left over chili, 3 big wedges of toblerone, gorgeous.

72 miles cycled, going to ride Saturday as well.

Photos of food and cycling to cone.

Snack 3 teaspoon peanut butter pre ride. 50 miles.
Coffee and naked bar at stop.
Brunch:Omelette and actifry chips post ride ( ate chips while cooking)
Banana
Snacked again on lean beef slices stuffed with rocket salad and horseradish X2, some chicken breast diced.

D. Thai curried chicken and veg.

Day off plan, loads of syns.

Weighed post ride at 12'7 , made every effort to replace that lost fluid etc. Lol.

123 miles cycled this week.

IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1170.JPG

Last edited:
Monday,

24 miles cycling, stacked it on the morning ride, ripped brand new bib tights , took the brunt of fall in my right knee, somehow skidded on my inner upper lip but no real damage just a scrape... Front wheel just whipped away from underneath me in oil/ diesel, went down so quickly. Luckily wasn't more damage or run over ....

B. Egg sandwich
L. meat free burgers on salad, 3 syns
D. Chicken strut fry wholemeal noodles, mayflower curry sauce, 4 syns for sauce and coconut oil.

Kit Kat 2 finger, 5 syns? Muller lite yoghurt

Tuesday
24 miles, but sore....

Jaffa cake bar , 5 syns?
B. Toasted egg sandwich
L. Chicken thighs on salad
Banana
D. Chicken stir fry with brown basmati. Mayflower curry sauce 5 syns

B. Some fruit, syns on some crisps
L. Chicken breast stuffed with low fat Greek style cheese and spinach, baked with green beans and onions , left over veg chili around it. Caused a stir at work for its loveliness.

D to come. Roast chicken , with a tikka mixture with fresh garlic and Lucy bee coconut oil, with green beans, carrots, onions and parsnips. Delicious.

Some dark chocolate 72% cocoa.. Lahhvley!

Last edited:
Hello @Quins :)

Food and photos both utterly fab!
Hope that all is well, you seem really in control!

Ruth
X

Some photos of my weekend cooking. Breakfast chipolatas, Saturday night dinner Salmon and prawns, Sunday night was braised steak onions and mushrooms. It cooked itself for 3 hours while we were in the paddock pooh picking. Set the oven to come on, 140°, took half an hour to prep and cook the rest, spring greens, mash, peas carrots and some parsnip chips in the Actifry in fry light fir a different texture.
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1230.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG

Hi Ruth @Trefoil , thanks for popping in, it's a bit lonely in here, lol.... Food is great, I've been quite focussed but their are times that I get that craving for peanut butter and chocolate quite badly late in the evening. I think I would have hit my new target if not for these cravings. I'm also eating more protein and less carb, I like it. Got some functions coming up for work and weekend travel for the Wales rugby league... challenging to keep on plan but doable. I know how you feel with your job and loads of other things going on. Keep chipping away, the long game is what counts.

It's been a while, incredibly busy at work and home. Anyone else about? It went a bit quiet after @Trefoil went off the scene...

B. 2 Morrisons turkey sausages, 4 syns? , Cherry toms mushroom fry lite egg.

Snack 2 Chicken thighs

Late lunch. Sirloin steak sliced on hex b protein bread toasted, salad, horseradish 2 syns, olive oil 2 syns

D. Roast pork, spiralised carrot , courgette, onions, and leafy salad. 4 syns for dressing. 12 syns

Blomey!!!!!! I am shattered just reading your diary. I love the realistic way you have your syns and the volime of exercise.
I am walking around six miles a day but not spinning. May book on early tomorrow. Day off so could walk the dog then cycle to my daughter s and do a small walk then cycle home. Not like u in all the gear just ny little cycling helmet but at least its making an effort

Spin 45 mins
Walk 11 miles approx
Road bike 8.5 miles
Sleep for England...hopefully

Back